• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are your most anticipated 2011 movies?

Drizzle

I'm fine!
Reaction score
Well, 2010 is drawing to a close, but there's a whole bunch of stuff on the horizon for 2011 in film. What are you looking forward to?

January
The Green Hornet - I might give this one a shot. Definitely not in 3D, though.

March
Rango - Could be interesting.

Battle: Los Angeles - I like the cast and it looks like it could be a cool invasion flick.

Paul - I'll watch anything with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

Sucker Punch - Zack Snyder hasn't disappointed me yet.

April
Scream 4 - For old time's sake.

May
Thor - One of my most anticipated movies of 2011.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Looks like the franchise will be going back to its roots. I like what I've seen so far.

The Hangover 2 - Hopefully it'll be just as hilarious as the first one.

June
X-Men: First Class - I'm hoping that it doesn't suck with Bryan Singer behind it, but I'm interested in the idea of James McAvoy as Xavier and Michael Fassbender as Magneto.

Green Lantern - I was never much of a GL fan. Maybe this will turn me into one.

Cars 2 - Even though the first one wasn't that great, it's still Pixar.

Super 8 - Secret JJ Abrams project? I'm in.

Rise of the Apes - This is a big maybe. I'll wait for trailers and stuff.

July
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Stupid title aside, I'm hoping this will right a lot of the wrongs about "Revenge of the Fallen" and end the trilogy on a high note.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - This is my #1 most anticipated movie coming out in 2011. Can't wait for it.

Captain America: The First Avenger - I've been waiting a long time to see Cap on the big screen. Hopefully Chris Evans steps up to the plate.

Cowboys and Aliens - Can't wait to see how this plays out.

November
The Muppets - Hello, nostalgia!

December
Sherlock Holmes 2 - I'm up for more from Downey, especially with Moriarty coming into play.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Might as well see how this holds up against the Swedish version.

That's a whole lot of nothing between July and November, but I'm sure there'll be more that I'll see that I forgot to mention. I may not even get around to all the ones that I did mention.

A Dangerous Method
Tree of Life
Hugo Cabret
The Adventures of Tintin
Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Cowboys and Aliens
Harry Potter 7.2
Super 8
Transformers 3 (God help me)
Your Highness
Captain America
The Green Hornet (the action looks pretty inventive)

February:Drive Angry

March:Sucker Punch

April:Hobo With a Shotgun

May:Thor

June:X-Men:First Class(out of curiosity)

June:Super 8(it seems as if it could be fun on some level)

June:Green Lantern

July:Transformers 3

July:The First Avenger:Captain America

October:Real Steel(it seems like it could be fun on some level)

November:The Muppets

Last edited:
The Tree of Life
A Dangerous Medhod
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Contagion
Hugo Cabret
Harry Potter
Winnie the Pooh
Hanna
Melancholia
Cowboys & Aliens

March
Sucker Punch - Zack Snyder hasn't disappointed me yet.

Beastly - A modern take on beauty and the beast, i read the book recently and really enjoyed it, they took some liberties judging by the trailers but still really looking forward to it

April
Scream 4 - need a horror fix seeing how saw is dead and the other horror franchises are in developement hell

May
Thor - One of my most anticipated movies of 2011. :awesome:

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - I hope its more like the black pearl, i like they finally added mermaids

June
X-Men: First Class - i hope it doesn't disappoint

Green Lantern - can't wait :woot:

July
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - can't wait to see how it ends

Winnie the pooh - love that silly old bear :awesome:

Captain America: The First Avenger - really looking forward to cap finally getting the big screen treatment

November
The Muppets - nostalgia!

December
Tintin

Thor
Captain America
Green Lantern
Cowboys & Aliens
Sherlock Holmes 2
Harry Potter

I tend to be a bit behind in these things, but a few movies have caught my eye

The big list, thus far:

Tree of Life
The Adventures of Tintin
Contagin
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Rango
(Personally never been a huge fan of CGI or anything, but the trailer was pretty awesome)
Scream 4 (Even though I'm kind of unsure where this franchise could possibly go, I'm still looking forward to this)
A Dangerous Method
The Deep Blue Sea
The Rum Diary

Others I'm looking forward to, but only so-so much:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, Part II
Sucker Punch (It does look fun, but I haven't really liked Snyder's previous stuff)
Super 8, or whatever the hell it'll be called (I know a lot of people get all ****ed with viral marketing, but it never does much for me. I'll wait for a real trailer campaign before I gauge any real interest)
The Descendants
Transformers 3 (The second one was so bad I shouldn't even bother, but even Bay acknowledged it was **** due to the script, so this gives me hope they'll at least get back to being enjoyable like the original.)
Cowboys and Aliens (The trailer is solid, though the premise doesn't interest me a whole lot)
X-Men First Class (I honestly haven't given a **** about this franchise or anything in it for a long time now, but I am curious about this being a 'Silver Age' movie)
Drive Angry 3D (Looks like a pretty fun film to me. I doubt it'll be much more than a silly and fun popcorn flick, but it looks like that's about all it cares to be)
The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made (Could be fun, and I know enjoy my Muppets)
The Beaver (Yeah, the trailer was kind of weird, but honestly, it seems to me like it could be an interesting little film.

Films that I could give less than a **** about, but hope do well
Green Lantern: I just can't muster any interest at all for this myself, and while the trailer was okay, it didn't really strike me. Couple that with the fact that I've never been a huge fan of the character, and never got into the mythos, I'm pretty apathetic to the whole deal. However, I hope it does succeed due to the fact that I want DC and WB to actually put tow behind other non-Superman/Batman superheroes, and if GL fails, there's not a chance in bloody hell we'll see any of those anytime soon.

Sucker Punch
The Hangover: Part II
Green Lantern
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Sherlock Holmes 2
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn

Those are about the only ones I have real interest in right now.

The Beaver (Yeah, the trailer was kind of weird, but honestly, it seems to me like it could be an interesting little film..

oh man how could i forget the beaver
that will be the movie of the year :awesome:

Rango
Sucker Punch
Hobo With A Shotgun
X-men First Class
Transformers 3
Cowboys and Aliens
Conan the Barbarian
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

The Tree of Life
Tintin
The Dragon Tattoo remake
Deathly Hallows 2

i am so intrigued by X Men First Class due to the actors and the director/producer combo and the less i know the more intrigued i have become.

Sucker Punch
Thor
Captain America
Green Lantern
Harry Potter
Pirates of the Carribean
Tree of Life
The Rum Diary(about damn time)
X-men: First Class
Cowboys and Aliens
Immortals(Tarsem + Greek Mythology for the win!)
Sherlock Holmes

Need to read up on a lot of other movies that aren't so mainstream to see what else might be good next year.

The Ones I'm Dying to See and am Crossing My Fingers for Greatness and Glory For:

-Harry Potter
-Tree of Life
-Hugo Cabret
-Immortals
-Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
-Contagion
(Winslet, Cotillard, Damon, Law & Paltrow in a Soderbergh global virus movie whose screenplay has been described as Bourne meets Outbreak meets Traffic? I am sooooo there.)
-The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
(Wasn't a fan of the original, but it's Fincher, so I'll be first in line)
-Jane Eyre
-Little White Lies
("Les Petits Mouchoirs")
-Drive
-The Rum Diary
-X-Men: First Class
-Captain America
-Sherlock Holmes 2

Others I want to see but am still generally unsure of what to expect:

-Thor
-Source Code
(I was way more excited about this before I saw the fairly generic-looking trailer. Still have hopes for it, though.)
-Midnight In Paris
-The Help

-The Fields
-The Iron Lady
-Crazy, Stupid Love (Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore, Kevin Bacon, Marisa Tomei and...Steve Carell?! Emma Stone? What IS this?)
-Super 8
-Cowboys & Aliens
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-The Wolverine (I feel like this will be a 2012 release, but it's listed at IMDB for 2011 right now, so I'm adding it. This pairing of director and material is just truly baffling to me.)

Sorry Green Lantern, based on your terrible casting and even worse trailer, you're gonna need some great reviews before I can muster up any interest in you. :(

Last edited:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Green Lantern
Captain America: The First Avenger
Scream 4
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Your Highness
Sherlock Holmes 2
X-Men: First Class

I'm honestly iffy on Thor (which looks great, but you never know), Cowboys & Aliens, Contagion and a few others.

moarlt looking forward to :
green hornit
green latner
captatin americna
x-men frist class
transofmer have to se another trailer
thor looksgood never got inot the comic books

Cowboys and Aliens
Green Lantern
Thor
Captain America
Sherlock Holmes 2
Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Thanks for reminding me how broke I'm gonna be next year, guys.:cmad:

I wish I could say I was looking forward to next years Pixar movie, but..... Cars 2? Seriously? Are you kidding me with this, Lasseter?

Disney probably forced them to do it.

Cars is a huge money maker for them. I still see the toys everywhere and the movie is 4 years old.

I could mention all of the films but I'm going to single out one film in general.

hp7.jpg

The final film is going to be huge. The previous 7 films have led up what I think will be a pretty epic ending. I can't wait for it. I'm actually surprised that I anticipate this film more than Captain America, Thor, Hangover 2, or Green Lantern. But I feel as though this film will be the best of the summer films.

Disney probably forced them to do it.

Cars is a huge money maker for them. I still see the toys everywhere and the movie is 4 years old.

Doesn't make it any less terrible. Hopefully Brave in 2012 is good.

Jeez... so many!
Green Lantern (five days after my b-day!!!)
Sucker Punch
Thor
Captain America
Harry Potter 7 pt. 2
X-men
POTC
Battle LA
Cowboys and Aliens
Sherlock Holmes 2
Transformers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back