• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels Bryan Singer would love to return to X-Men universe

I just don't appreciate the shortcuts they have taken with the storylines and characters they have tried to adapt. I don't have a problem with the choice of characters, the story, or the realism. It's just see too many shortcuts and laziness in the last two efforts and it is rather pathetic.

What kind of short cuts are you talking about?

Of course, I don't know that for sure since Singer never get to direct X3, but I'm very positive that Singer would've made a better film than Ratner did.

Considering his track record with the previous X-Men films, I think your assumption is correct. If Singer would have made X-Men 3, it probably would have rivaled X2.

I disagree; I don't think Singer would have done any of the following in X3 if he were in charge:

*** Spoiler in case you haven't seen X3 ***

- Kill off Cyke in an almost absent-minded way
- Kill off Prof. Xavier (then bring him back in the end...kinda)
- Make Jean Grey all detached and then turned on everyone (what a wasted potential from the build-up)
- Depowered Mystique
- Stupid "conclusion" of Rogue's story arc
...etc.

Of course, I don't know that for sure since Singer never get to direct X3, but I'm very positive that Singer would've made a better film than Ratner did.
From what I read,

Singer's X-men 3 was going to feature Emma Frost as the villain/antiheroish character, played by Sigourney Weaver.

-The sentinels were going to be involved as Bolivar Trask picked up where Stryker left off. This was alluded to in Xavier's speech to the President at the end when he said something like "a war is coming, from those files you can see some have already started"

-Phoenix was going to be a huge focus.

-Scott Summer wasn't going to die.

-No cure story line.

-No Beast

-Possibly Gambit.

-R

I believe I read somewhere that Scott was also going to be the one to kill Jean.

From what I read,

Singer's X-men 3 was going to feature Emma Frost as the villain/antiheroish character, played by Sigourney Weaver.

-The sentinels were going to be involved as Bolivar Trask picked up where Stryker left off. This was alluded to in Xavier's speech to the President at the end when he said something like "a war is coming, from those files you can see some have already started"

-No cure story line.

-No Beast

-Possibly Gambit.

-R

After looking at this, I wonder which "third movie in a comic book franchise" had more "what could've been" scenerios had it been made as originally intended:
*Batman Forever with Tim Burton directing and Michael Keaton once again playing Batman.

*Superman III sans Richard Pryor and with the early draft involving Supergirl and Brainiac.

*Spider-Man 3 with Ben Kingsley as Vulture (but still with Sandman as the other villain) and minus Venom and Gwen Stacy.

Bryan Singer is attending a special screening of Jaws in Orange, California next week. Maybe we can get some more answers regarding X-Men and which one of the films he's leaning towards possibly doing.

Jaws Screening with Special Guest Bryan Singer

Date/Time:Mon., October 26, 7:00pmPrice: Free

Jaws Screening with Special Guest Brian Singer
Marion Knott Studios
Jessica Ford

“You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” Jaws, the 1975 classic that spawned a generation of thalassophobes, is coming back to the big screen for one scary night. Leading Hollywood director-producer Bryan Singer (the man behind House M.D. and X-Men) will be attending the screening as a special guest, and although Singer isn’t the film’s director—leave that to Spielberg—it is his favorite movie and he’ll be hosting a question-and-answer session at the end of the film. Come introduce yourself to the bloody tale of a great white shark who terrorizes the residents of Amity Island or just watch the hit film again—and remember why you don’t go to the beach anymore.
http://www.ocweekly.com/events/jaws-screening-with-special-guest-bryan-singer-547358/
From what I read,

-No cure story line.

-No Beast

-Possibly Gambit.

-R

Beast is a character he wanted in to have in his films so i think he would have featured in X3.

A few years ago Singer said he wrote one third of a treatment and i think i recall him saying something about being halfway through the scripts for his run in Ultimate X-Men comics (remember that?) and that it would have incoperated some of the unfinished X3 treatment he wrote. Now that the Ultimates seems unlikely, perhaps he could use it for X4 or another spinoff?:huh:

Considering his track record with the previous X-Men films, I think your assumption is correct. If Singer would have made X-Men 3, it probably would have rivaled X2.

I dont even think it is an assumption, I am 100% confident X3 would have been an amazing movie with Singer at the helm.

Cyclops would have gotten the part he deserved in the storyline and we would have gotten a better ending also than the absolutely crap one we got, Dougherty and Harris explain their idea for an ending to their version of The Pheonix saga and it sounds 1000 times better that what we got.

Im agreed. Singer's X3 would been better than X2, that's for sure....

thats why I want him back, he deserves a last x-men film, at least.

then, Fox can hire whatever crap director they want. Id be happy with X4.

^Yep, X4 with Singer directing and Cyclops back would be great, and I would be totally on board for that.

First thing Cyclops needs to do when he's back, is to blast Wolverine through a wall for killing Jean. Heck, for all I care he could just blast Wolverine through a wall for funsies.

Well, it's now pretty obvious that he has to come back to bring a consistent standard back to the films. As long as he brings action and spectacle as well as drama. If he can make Superman fly, he can damned well make Storm fly as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"