Burton’s First Version of Batman

AH Batman movie fans *sighs*

Rofl...

I have always liked Robin but never get into that argument b/c some like him while others don't. For example, El Pay does not like Robin and thinks he could never work on screen. Nothing will change his mind about that just as many of us will not change our stance that he could be portrayed very well on screen.

He didnt reappear for quite some time after Christmas with Joker, and once he became regular character it just wasnt the same

I'm not opposed to Robin in animations and comics. Many things that work there don't in movies though.

I'm not opposed to Robin in animations and comics. Many things that work there don't in movies though.

For me it is Bat-girl. One side-kick is enough, but two? Just far too over the top. I could only tolerate her in TAS/New Adventures b/c she was only in it sparsely. :o

Hit-Girl convinced me that Robin could work :yay: A shift in tone required, but the franchise will not stay in Nolan mode forever.

All this stuff about that old Batman movie and its history is interesting, a little bit weird and it proves that Burton did some research, Nolan fans claimed the opposite back in the day (2004 or something) which I never believed.

For me it is Bat-girl. One side-kick is enough, but two? Just far too over the top. I could only tolerate her in TAS/New Adventures b/c she was only in it sparsely. :o

Agree. For me a teen boy as a sidekick to fight murderers at night is already a stretch, and then a teen girl too? It smells too much like silver age. Bat Mite, Bat Hound, Bat Ape, Bat Woman, Bat Girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"