Busiek's Mystery Project, Leaves Aquaman

Maybe a new writer will make aquaman or as i like to call him, a poorman Namor the submariner [a true baddass buy the way] an interesting character. who wouldn't like a guy who talks to fish ,and swims real real fast lol.

Eros said:
Maybe a new writer will make aquaman or as i like to call him, a poorman Namor the submariner [a true baddass buy the way] an interesting character. who wouldn't like a guy who talks to fish ,and swims real real fast lol.

and has a magical jacking off hand. he's probably using that hand to jack off one of jason todd's many [SIZE=-1]Tentacles.[/SIZE]

I think Aquaman works perfectly as a fantasy hero more than a superhero and I'm glad they are playing it out like that. Granted I don't want him to be completly cut off from the world outside the ocean in the DCU but I think mistakes have been made with the character when they involve him a bit too much with above water superheroics.

A proper fantasy world under the sea with races, characters, mystical weapons, evil creatures, different societies, kings, queens - and a man who is strong, smart, fast and can talk to fish - is a great set up for a fantasy story. Is as interesting (or has the potentional to be more interesting) as a sci-fi comic in outer space. The scope for storytelling is huge and I want to see this played out.

So yes, Aquaman rocks.

Whenever the issues come out anyway.

Anyways............

I'm glad Kurt decided to stay on Superman.It's been an awesome book since Pacheco came on,the book has real substance to it.Kurt does an awesome job with Clark and his life without the cape.He throws in just enough crazyness to feed the action hungry too.

Darthphere said:
Twy made a funny. Either way, ill give "tad" a chance, but this title was all Busiek. :(

Do you know how tempted I am to report every single post that's an "illegal reproduction of copyrighted material"?

The entire forum would be deleted...

*I should so do that* :csad:

But I won't 'cause I love ya'll.

yenaled said:
I think Aquaman works perfectly as a fantasy hero more than a superhero and I'm glad they are playing it out like that. Granted I don't want him to be completly cut off from the world outside the ocean in the DCU but I think mistakes have been made with the character when they involve him a bit too much with above water superheroics.

A proper fantasy world under the sea with races, characters, mystical weapons, evil creatures, different societies, kings, queens - and a man who is strong, smart, fast and can talk to fish - is a great set up for a fantasy story. Is as interesting (or has the potentional to be more interesting) as a sci-fi comic in outer space. The scope for storytelling is huge and I want to see this played out.

So yes, Aquaman rocks.

Whenever the issues come out anyway.

hats why i like book better. and i always wanted this direction to be taken with namor.

twylight said:
Do you know how tempted I am to report every single post that's an "illegal reproduction of copyrighted material"?

The entire forum would be deleted...

*I should so do that* :csad:

But I won't 'cause I love ya'll.

And we all love you, some more than others.

I know, sometimes at night I've seen Leaguer with a sniper rifle trained on me..

He's creepy. *shudders*

hippie_hunter said:
Aquaman has never sucked jackass :cmad:

While I didn't hate it...I didn't enjoy most of the Sub Diego thing. I wish they referred back to the Lady of the Lake and Secret Sea stuff more often.

I agree somewhat. I mostly just wish there were more of an effort to include Aquaman's new powers in ways that made sense during the Sub Diego stuff. When he showed up at Atlantis and had to engage in that wildly out of character fight with Tempest, the least they could've done (other than make the whole scenario make a bit more sense) is have Aquaman use his magic-nullifying hand instead of just trying to bludgeon everyone like he used to before the new hand. He had new powers--use them. Otherwise he just looks like an incompetent 'tard.

Yea, I would really liked to see the extant of his new abilities. Also, it would help with my work in the DC RPG, World of Heroes. I'm playing as Orin and taking off from the Waterbearer arc...I'm not doing anything with Sub Diego because I wasn't impressed with most of it.

I think the problem is there hasn't been a solid creative team on the book for a very long time now. Going from Rick Veitch, John Ostrander, Will Pfeifer, and John Arcudi. To Kurt Busiek and now Tad Williams and that was just the Sixth volume from 2003, and they all had pretty different approaches to the title - so theirs been no consistancy leading to things like Orin's water hand becoming pointless and unused and characters drifting in and out of the focus.

Well, Pfeiffer and Arcudi seemed to have similar approaches. It was a fairly seamless transition between them, although that may just have been because Arcudi wanted to wrap Pfeiffer's storylines up adequately instead of rushing into his own thing. But overall I definitely agree. I really wish Ostrander had taken over full-time after Pfeiffer left. He has a pretty good knack for Aquaman as a character and for melding different plot threads into a cohesive story. I maintain that his fill-in issues are still the best of the current volume.

Random fact, Pfieifer was married to Michelle Fiefer.

Yup, true story, back in the 80's, she got all famous and ****, dumped him and in the divorce proceeding they made him change the spelling of his last name to remove any connection with her, even though it was his last name.

Wow, youll believe any bull**** wouldnt you?

Im kidding, i heard it from some guy at my store, but I cant verify the info.

I was pretty sure it wasn't true, but the story was funny enough that it should be.

yenaled said:
:(

I don't want Kurt to leave Aquaman; just as we get a great writer on the project to keep it rejuvinated he leaves.

But hopefully Tad will be excellent; he's an accomplished writer so should keep it going on form.

But looking forward to Mystery Project.
Christ. I bet you guys liked Sword of the Atom too.

hippie_hunter said:
Aquaman has never sucked jackass :cmad:
Well, except for right now, since OYL began.

GoldenAgeHero said:
i admit i like kyle. but im more interested in classic characters now. Hal Jordan forever!!!!!!!!!!
Which is why you like Busiek's run on Aquaman...? I'm not seeing how this makes sense...

GoldenAgeHero said:
i never cared for aquaman(orin) he just sucks in my opinion. aquanebie is better and more intriguing. and kurt's writing is just alot better.

other writers before have tried too hard to make orin a badass and at times you can tell it was obvious they were going for that affect. ***** slapping superman with his magic hand. he probably used that magic hand to jack off all of his team mates while on superfriends.
I'm glad we can rely on you for this kind of insightful commentary.

twylight said:
Isn't the first post an "illegal reproduction of copyrighted material."?

:huh:
Yeah, where is that overzealous nut?

Incidentally, I just ate a candy corn with the yellow and orange inverted. Strange portents. I'm not sure I like it. Kind of like when Eddie Campbell was writing Hellblazer.

Eros said:
In the same way that the Punisher is a poor man's Batman. Wake the **** up, dude. Aquaman has never been Namor. The fact that they both hang out underwater does not make them the same. Not remotely.

GoldenAgeHero said:
and has a magical jacking off hand. he's probably using that hand to jack off one of jason todd's many [SIZE=-1]Tentacles.[/SIZE]
Boy, nobody's forgetting about that are they? God, one misstep with a character and they never forgive you. OK, two missteps, with Batman Annual 25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"