• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Can I hope for 11+ Peter Parker solo films without a reboot?

That's a pretty long way to say that Sony has done good, but not good enough in your eyes, but okay. And not even that, saying the first two were all because of Raimi, not Sony. Wouldn't it be easier to just flat out say you hate Sony? At least there'd be some honesty to it.

And only a handful of people like the Amazing films? Pretty big stretch there, but okay. I didn't survey those handful, so you'd know better than I would.

Lol how is that a long way of saying not good enough in my eyes? What are u talking about? It’s laid out right in front of you. Raimi was in charge of the first two movies then Sony stepped in and wanted venom . Look it up. It’s been known for years. And if the amazing Spider-Man series was popular we wouldn’t have a reboot in the mcu.
You can dismiss it as “ yew hate Sony cause yew think da mcu is better” but it’s straight fact that the majority of fans hate the direction Sony is taken with the franchise.
It’s pretty well known knowledge at this point. You don’t have to be a mcu fan to see it.
And yes I do hate Sony. They had three bad movies and are announcing all these **** spinoffs without Spider-Man. So yea they are awful imo

Spider-Man is the face of marvel and is more popular than cap and iron man combined. They could do it if they wanted to

I think you are underrating Cap and especially Iron Man here. His last solo did over $1.2 billion and they put him in Homecoming to help boost the box office of that.

Sure in terms of merchandising Spider-Man is much bigger (probably because he appeals more to a younger crowd), but we are specifically talking about the films here. In those, Iron Man and Black Panther are the big bread makers.

I think you are underrating Cap and especially Iron Man here. His last solo did over $1.2 billion and they put him in Homecoming to help boost the box office of that.

Sure in terms of merchandising Spider-Man is much bigger (probably because he appeals more to a younger crowd), but we are specifically talking about the films here. In those, Iron Man and Black Panther are the big bread makers.

In movies? But Spider-Man is more recognizable than iron man and cap and sells more. Marvel moved there whole roster for Spider-Man. Spider-Man doesn’t just appeal to the younger crowd either he appeals to everyone. He’s the every man hero is without a doubt more popular than iron man. I want to see iron man’s popularity do when rdj leaves. Spider-Man has been through three castings. Black panther was a movie many were waiting for so it’s understandable.

Last edited:
In movies? But Spider-Man is more recognizable than iron man and cap and sells more. Marvel moved there whole roster for Spider-Man. Spider-Man doesn’t just appeal to the younger crowd either he appeals to everyone. He’s the every man hero is without a doubt more popular than iron man. I want to see iron man’s popularity do when rdj leaves. Spider-Man has been through three castings.

No, they didn't. They moved Black Panther (before he hit it big) and Captain Marvel. They didn't move The Avengers.

As for recasting, we don't know what is going to happen in the future. We can only say what is happening now and for the past few years, and RDJ's Iron Man has proven to sell more tickets than Spider-Man has lately. So has Black Panther. I won't count Cap, because Civil War was an Avengers film in all but name.

Still moved there roster......and yea movie wise iron man and black panther sold more but Spider-Man is like what on his second reboot? So of course they’ll sell more. This was black panthers first movie. Spider-Man is still the more popular character anyway. Will always be the face of marvel .

Homecoming made less than Spider-Man 3 despite 10 years of inflation, and that was the worst-received of the Raimi trilogy critically and financially.
There's clearly a lot of room for MCU Spider-Man to be bigger, by doing good scripts that don't pack in too many villains.

I think people had s bad taste in there mouths due to the amazing series. Fatigue was setting in for the character

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"