Luke Cage Canceled!

you can't if both side are being adament in being inmovaable from what they wantand refuse for comprmise. so if your inthe mind set it's my way and nothing else. nothing can be resolved in good for anyone.
The combined dumbness for that to happen needs to be off the charts.

Tomorrow morning - Feige's discussion group has a disagreement on the future direction of the MCU.
Tomorrow afternoon - MCU cancelled and Marvel Studios shut down.

Hail Idiocy!

The combined dumbness for that to happen needs to be off the charts.

Tomorrow morning - Feige's discussion group has a disagreement on the future direction of the MCU.
Tomorrow afternoon - MCU cancelled and Marvel Studios shut down.

Hail Idiocy!
hopefully that won't happen with that one place it only seems to happen between two company that are doing project like this which are two seprate enties . and what worse it's always around regim change I notice with what happen ed with activison it happened with fox to a degree & it happened here it's happen with Dc when they trying get the titans show on TNT and there was new network producer that was the head of TNT that didn't care for the agreement his predisessor did with DC entertaiment to have the titans go on his station al prior to DC making their own Streaming service. so that's a major fact there too. it's that there always some making name for them selves that don't care for what their predissor agreed to and they wil to kill the deal between the station they are running that get's inthe way of what Ether marvel or Dc are doing with that Tv station studio or other publisher in favor for what that new studio head want's. and some time it's for petty reason.

Like how Gilligans island was cansels back inthe day cause the wife of the network producer didn't like that prime time comedy show was doing better in rating then her dumb ass fave soap opera . so she got him to cancel that obver that. of all things.

There are alot of other factors. but that one of the major ones too.

this is why it better to start some thing's your self there nothing wrong wit partners. but sadly of late it's bee show to crumble too easy over thing like this . soit's always best to have other option's they started their own studio for movies they should be able to do it for other thing's like tv and video games too. since the other industry have fickle people that take over when the former boss is ready to retire or other cray stupid thing's inflence them.

So just extreme dumbness all round then!

So just extreme dumbness all round then!
yeah of sort's . there's alway some lerking around ready to ruin things cause it's not what they want or into or they have other plans or are trying make a name for them selves in busness and they don't for anyone esle before them etc. if these weren't the case's ......

it's an I want to or I don't want to thing .& when people are that differcult, it all fallapart sadly And them being really dumb.

I'm willing to bet that the Creative Differences was that Netflix wanted the show to be less black. I'm furious we'll never see annabella sciorra in the third season. Man that's ****ed!

Also, I feel that the Netflix shows (outside of DDs2, and The Defenders) are not popcorn enough for some people. They're less action adventure, and more so a gritty crime drama/thriller feel, but with heroes. Especially Luke which is clearly HEAVILY inspired by The Wire. A show people said had "pacing issues" too.

Last edited:
I thought some people only used the pacing issues remark solely with the first season because of the back half stuff with Diamondback, though.

I thought some people only used the pacing issues remark solely with the first season because of the back half stuff with Diamondback, though.
Nope a lot of people used it to complain about season 2 as well.

I thought season two felt much better paced. At a minimum, they managed to have more action in the middle so it felt less slow.

Also, I feel that the Netflix shows (outside of DDs2, and The Defenders) are not popcorn enough for some people. They're less action adventure, and more so a gritty crime drama/thriller feel, but with heroes. Especially Luke which is clearly HEAVILY inspired by The Wire. A show people said had "pacing issues" too.
I'm going to assume The Wire even in its first season had a lot more characters and POVs to follow. These "prestige" dramas make sure they have a sizable cast, impressive cinematography, or impeccable writing to justify the wait between major set pieces. For LC, I assumed it would be more like Shaft or Black Dynamite.

I'm going to assume The Wire even in its first season had a lot more characters and POVs to follow. These "prestige" dramas make sure they have a sizable cast, impressive cinematography, or impeccable writing to justify the wait between major set pieces. For LC, I assumed it would be more like Shaft or Black Dynamite.
Point being The Wire had the same complaints, even to this day. I always saw modern Luke Cage as a urban crime drama. But I can see Shaft, but Black Dynamite?!

Point being The Wire had the same complaints, even to this day. I always saw modern Luke Cage as a urban crime drama. But I can see Shaft, but Black Dynamite?!
if they're gonna do TV-MA and attempt an OTT action parody vibe with him screaming "Sweet Christmas" every now & again.

I think Season 2 had some pacing issues as well toward the end.

Also, Black Mariah never worked to me as a villain for the show. Couldn't stand her or Shades.

The whole tweet thread is worth a read and makes sense from a profitability perspective for both Disney and Netflix. Netflix just doesn't need the buzz of Marvel like it used to in order to grow its subscriber base. And Disney is not going to take someone else's sloppy seconds. Looks like we won't see these characters again for a long time (and will probably be recast if they do).

So the fans finally got the word out to the producers about the pacing.

The whole tweet thread is worth a read and makes sense from a profitability perspective for both Disney and Netflix. Netflix just doesn't need the buzz of Marvel like it used to in order to grow its subscriber base. And Disney is not going to take someone else's sloppy seconds. Looks like we won't see these characters again for a long time (and will probably be recast if they do).

Luke Cage had the same showrunner for both seasons. Cheo Hodari Coker. This person says it had two for two seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"