Luke Cage Canceled!

I would imagine a Heroes For Hire show would likely start with them separated doing their own things and then merge them together. For better or for worse, what they did in Defenders would be an example.

That being said, Season Two played with the Hero for Hire idea and ultimately went away from it. It feels a bit like backtracking to now go there. A Power Man and Iron Fist show (likely not with that title) feels more likely than actually making them heroes for hire.

There are some problems with that. Season 2 was sort of like a foreboding ending for Luke.

Also, Iron Fist S2 basically ended with this:

Misty told Colleen she might be calling her to deal with Luke at some point. Misty indicated she was scared of what she saw with Luke.

But if you do that, how do you address the ending of Luke Cage Season 2?
They just need to simply pick up with the Crime lord power vacuum and if Luke went into becoming a crime lord or not and if it went south for him . and hopefully he doesn't go so far into it that it won't make sense for himself to get back his rep as the hero of Harlem. or what happened with Liz in NBC's the black list that people will go after people that live near him or int he same building to get back at him cause they can't hurt luke him self by normal mean cause in invulnerable so. sadly with Liz in the black list when she was listed public enemy number one and cleared of the charge's later which was on national tv in nyc. she still had problem's cause some loser that thought she was still at fault beat her up in shopping mall parking lot and she weirdly found out she was pregent this way and she was lucky not to have lost her only kid.

Not to mention her (supposed) international crimminal of dad had to buy an apparment building for her cause no matter where she went she wasn't able to get one for her self.

when your accused or convited people treat you certain Epecially when you go back after long struggle of fixing things.

point is what I'm getting at is they need to wrapthat story plot thread up. hopefully it wasn't luke going too deep into the crime lord thing or in a way it's hard to explain in himself get back to what he should to harlem as it's hero.

But the plot point needs to be resolved. and resolution wise it would that be danny bring up the" idea of heroes for hire in story", it doesn't need to be the title of the show ,if that the issue. It can just be just the name of their PI & body guard firm .

Last edited:
OK but that would require an entire season or at least a few episodes worth of storytelling to resolve. You can't resolve something like that offscreen.

Gutted to hear of Cage's cancellation, yet I am not too surprised as I'm only now watching series 2. The one-two-punch of Iron Fist and Defenders really killed the momentum of Marvel Netflix. Liking this season so far though. Bushmaster is great, a good successor to Cottonmouth and apology for Diamondback. I love that he has to correct Marriah's surname every time it's mentioned.

Gutted to hear of Cage's cancellation, yet I am not too surprised as I'm only now watching series 2. The one-two-punch of Iron Fist and Defenders really killed the momentum of Marvel Netflix. Liking this season so far though. Bushmaster is great, a good successor to Cottonmouth and apology for Diamondback. I love that he has to correct Marriah's surname every time it's mentioned.

Absolutely this.

Absolutely this.

^ Real shame it went that way, but it appears it most certainly did. Even Daredevil is down on last season and he's the MVP of this whole endeavor (with a great season too). Defenders ultimately wasn't worth the hype, nor the tedious Hand maguffins it was built on. Nearing the end of season 2 and I've enjoyed it, but I'm also cool to end it here. It closes the chapter on a lot of the supporting characters. It seems Rosario Dawson is pulling away, and with the passing of Reg. E Cathey (who was lovely in this) Luke's running out of emotional anchors. I could also do without seeing Misty's terrible robot arm. I know budgets are low, but just put a glove on.

It would seem the opposite would more likely be true. Netflix is losing things owned by Disney because the contracts aren't being renewed. In other words, those are Disney's decision. However, Netflix is cancelling the Marvel shows, which you would think they would try to keep because they're losing everything else.

They (net flix ) aren't keeping them cause they have millar world they think they can afford the loss.

Disney announced the name of their new service (Disney+) along with another Star Wars show. The only Marvel show they announced was the Loki one so I doubt a Heroes for Hire or Daughters of the Dragon show is going to happen. I think they are going after a wider audience with their shows, and movie characters have much more brand recognition than the Netflix ones.

Stokes, Mariah Stokes.:funny:

I thought Bushmaster was great.

Disney announced the name of their new service (Disney+) along with another Star Wars show. The only Marvel show they announced was the Loki one so I doubt a Heroes for Hire or Daughters of the Dragon show is going to happen. I think they are going after a wider audience with their shows, and movie characters have much more brand recognition than the Netflix ones.
Do you think the announced show is the only one on Disney+?

Do you think the announced show is the only one on Disney+?

I think differently because imo those are probably not the only series on Disney+, just the only mainstream properties they announced to generate hype (related to MCU movies and Star Wars) but I agree with samsnee that Netflix characters won’t be on Disney+. I think that platform will be family-friendly and now with the Loki series directly handled by the Marvel movie studio I think Netflix characters won’t be considered prestigious enough to be associated with the Loki series, especially the two less popular Netflix characters.

I don't think the Netflix characters will be on Disney+ either, but I don't think the fact that they haven't announced it yet means nothing.

Just saying, Disney owns over half of Hulu, FX, and FXX now. Not saying Netflix characters will end up there, but if they wanted darker, edgier shows, they have a place for them.

I know people don't agree with me, but I think Marvel Entertainment (not Marvel Studios) will put a TV show on any network willing to pay them money for a TV show.

Never heard of Parrot Analytics. Are those figures reliable?

Allegedly they're the best in the business. All that I'll say is that if we don't get Heroes for Hire out of this, we riot. Both series ended on a cliffhanger.

Does Heroes for Hire even address the cliffhangers if it ever happens?

If you have creative differences, can't you resolve those differences or just choose one of the 2 paths rather than outright cancelling the whole show?

The reports state that creative suggestions were made and "aggressively incorporated" but it was never enough to satisfy the demands. Eventually, a change in "creative regime" was demanded and refused. My reading of that is Netflix demanded a new showrunner and Marvel said no. I can't elaborate beyond that because I've read what everyone else has read.

If you have creative differences, can't you resolve those differences or just choose one of the 2 paths rather than outright cancelling the whole show?
you can't if both side are being adament in being inmovaable from what they wantand refuse for comprmise. so if your inthe mind set it's my way and nothing else. nothing can be resolved in good for anyone.

as to what vile one said disney does own two streaming serivic's now nbext the fox channels too. so it's possible to do the shows on hulu even though I think there should still be a marvel streaming channel it's self and put out the shows on the other for international audience's via the others. and I want the silly restrictions gone so the universe can work with out problem's . unimpeeded so all the character's can interact. it 'll just bring in more money for them.

But I saw victor lucas mention something about hulu opening their stream service to more people out side states. it's the third segment inthe video below on his thought on hulu being own by Disney as the majority owner.

hqdefault.jpg

Disney Streaming News & Joy-Con Price Cut? - The Rundown - Electric Playground
1.6K views 4 days ago
Published on 9 Nov 2018
Today in the Rundown, we have big news about Disney's upcoming streaming service, including a new Star Wars and Loki series! We also find out what the future holds for another streaming platform Hulu, learn why Activision is disappointed with Destiny 2, have some interesting news about Super Mario Party and a potential price cut for the Switch Joy-Con controllers, get our hands on new gaming laptops from MSI, and finally, learn what big animated movie is the latest to join Kingdom Hearts 3!

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN

Both viable options

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"