The Force Awakens Capital Starships in TFA

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain
Reaction score
We have old ones:

star-wars_-the-force-awakens-01.jpg

We have new ones:

star-wars_-the-force-awakens-22.jpg

We may get many other capital ships from many different factions in TFA. By the way, the new Star Destroyer looks like a Beast! :atat:

It does look awesome.

I'm curious about those ships flying toward it. They look completely new.

Don't forget the wreckage of a Super Star Destroyer that the Falcon and TIE fly into.

Don't forget the wreckage of a Super Star Destroyer that the Falcon and TIE fly into.

Oh is that what it was? I couldn't figure it out, that crash must have been pure chaos.

I can't wait to see what the ships the Alliance will be using. Hope there is some new stuff.

Oh is that what it was? I couldn't figure it out, that crash must have been pure chaos.

I can't wait to see what the ships the Alliance will be using. Hope there is some new stuff.

You have to look at the still image. But, you can see two more sets of engines to the side of the engines the Falcon flies into. It either crashed top down, or a lot is buried.

I did like the look of the new transport shuttle.

SO, should this be the default thread for ship talk and news, or should we make a new one?

We have old ones:

star-wars_-the-force-awakens-01.jpg

We have new ones:

We may get many other capital ships from many different factions in TFA. By the way, the new Star Destroyer looks like a Beast! :atat:

I hope that new one is some form of Super Star Destroyer. It is too hot roddy in design for my tastes to be the new standard Star Destroyer. Of the new designs, it is my least favourite since from what we can see it is trying too hard to be cool and badass, which I found to be a problem generally with ships designs in AbramsTrek. Otherwise, I love a lot of the other designs probably because they draw inspiration from unused McQuarrie art.

I'm guessing that is Kylo Ren's or Captain Phasma's ship leading the transports.

And I'd like to know what the hell went on around Jakku for there to be so many crashed ships.

Aaaaaand the planet is definitely not Tatooine. Tell you what, maybe Jakku becomes a desert planet after the battle. Maybe a display of the superweapon's ability?

SO, should this be the default thread for ship talk and news, or should we make a new one?

Yes. I think it should be the detault thread for ship talk and news. :yay:

star-wars_-the-force-awakens-28.jpg

Yes. This could be the wreck of a Super Star Destroyer. Maybe it was a sister ship of the Executor.

Aaaaaand the planet is definitely not Tatooine. Tell you what, maybe Jakku becomes a desert planet after the battle. Maybe a display of the superweapon's ability?

I think a Super Star Destroyer crashing into the planet is just as bad as any super weapon.

The more I look at it, the more I can't not see a SSD.

Sure, that could have sealed the deal, too. My point is, they might have chosen a desert planet, not out of a need to evoke ANH, but to make a point of what the galaxy's state is.

So the new X-wings model number is T-70. There was a prop model shown. However, I noticed in the trailers the parts of the wings that house the laser cannons are somewhat elevated, but this isn't seen on the model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"