The Winter Soldier Captain America the winter soldier, to 3d or not to 3d,that is the ?

hame4479

Sidekick
Reaction score
For anybody who has seen the film does the 3d enhance the experience? Is the action cut too quickly and the film shot in such a practical manner that the 3d transfer is hard to follow and gets in the way of really enjoying the film? Or is it shot widely and coherent enough that 3d bolsters the awesomesauce and takes those bigger cg moments, ala falcon doing his thing, to a more trancendent level? I havent seen the film, but maybe you have, please let us know what u think before the 4th.

I completely forgot this was in 3d and IMAX until I went to buy my tickets.

I have the same question!

I too completely forgot about this decision until looking at my cinema's showing times. I've got to watch the first Cap film, Avengers then Thor 2 today and tomorrow, then I'll probably go see TWS on Friday. I can't imagine the 3D is anything special since no one seems to have mentioned it, in reviews or otherwise.

Plus the 2D ticket is cheaper.... Okay I just answered this for myself.

3D is not worth it for these films. They are better in 2D. They are converted 3D and it just makes the picture darker.

I was desperate to see this in regular IMAX 2D, but there was nothing close to me, so it's IMAX 3D on Sat. the 5th. But regular 2D on Thurs. the 3rd.

Figure see it twice in both formats.

Last edited:
^^What if you don't like the movie? You already paid for a second ticket.

I saw the film in 2D, and didn't feel like it detracted any from the experience.

Unless you really need to see this movie ASAP (and you do) and 3D is the only option, I'd say avoid it.

Unfortunately the cinema I go to only shows movies in 3D for the first week of their release and then have 2D sessions starting the week after.

Oh well.

Generally I prefer 2d and that's my preference for the first viewing. I find 3d is sometimes distracting.

Watched it in 3D today , was a waste of time ( the 3D not the movie, the movie was ****)

The 3D in this movie is a disgrace and an utter waste of time. Don't spend the extra money if you can see it in 2D.

I'm gonna probably see it in IMAX. 3D is an overrated gimmick.

Watched it in 2D. 3D hurts my eyes but just generally seems unnecessary to me anyways, by and large.

Watched it in 2D, 3D would have got annoying in the quick shots I'd say. It's very busy at times

Watched it in 2D.

I saw The First Avenger in 3D and the 3D wasn't very good so for this movie, I didn't even bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"