World Captain America vs Batman

Simple.

Batman has NO power.
Cap has power. ( 10x than human, I think so.)

THREAD CLOSED!

Here's the rub, tho....it's not even just about the power more often than not....it's about how the character has generally been written to use their abilities with thier wits and strategy.
I just see Cap outshining the Bat a little more.
At the risk of starting another argument, I COULD see the Batman beating Spidey in an impromptu fight. Yes he has 10 to 20 ton strength level, spider sense(altho it's been nullified in the books recently), but Bruce is generally 2 to 10 steps ahead of his opponents. Spidey is brilliant, but generally not written as the master strategist, and to my knowlege, a punch will register to him just the same as you or I (altho I'm sure he has a slightly greater level of durabilty).
Cap and Bats are usually written about on par in terms of strategic prowess and fighting ability. It's just that in THIS case the power differential is the major deciding factor.

Here's the rub, tho....it's not even just about the power more often than not....it's about how the character has generally been written to use their abilities with thier wits and strategy.
I just see Cap outshining the Bat a little more.
At the risk of starting another argument, I COULD see the Batman beating Spidey in an impromptu fight.Yes he has 10 to 20 ton strength level, spider sense(altho it's been nullified in the books recently), but Bruce is generally 2 to 10 steps ahead of his opponents. Spidey is brilliant, but generally not written as the master strategist, and to my knowlege, a punch will register to him just the same as you or I (altho I'm sure he has a slightly greater level of durabilty).
Cap and Bats are usually written about on par in terms of strategic prowess and fighting ability. It's just that in THIS case the power differential is the major deciding factor.

I think you did it.
Batman vs Spidey? Oh please.
If ( very serious) Spidey hasnt pulled his hand back, then he can make Batman's head come off by one hit, easily.
Bat-fanboys tend to think that thier favorite hero can never lose. :whatever:

Now..CLOSED THIS DEBATE ^.

Heck even, I think that I have heard that some bat-fanboys think that Batman can beat Superman. Thats dumb.

I think you did it.
Batman vs Spidey? Oh please.
If ( very serious) Spidey hasnt pulled his hand back, then he can make Batman's head come off by one hit, easily.
Bat-fanboys tend to think that thier favorite hero can never lose. :whatever:

Now..CLOSED THIS DEBATE ^.

Absolutely. Spidey can take Batmans head off in one punch. But would he? Really? Just take how both characters are written, and really take into account, how, storywise, things would go down.
I could see Spidey winning. I could also see Batman coming out victorious.
If we're. Only talking in terms of power, yes Spidey wins. But then why does someone in the sheer weight class of, say, Rhino, go down to Spidey continually?
Im not saying Batman wins, you see.
Im saying he is capable.
You seem to imply its impossible, to outright stupid, to think Spidey could go down.
and yes, I've always found it hard to swallow that Bruce could take Clark down in any sort of match up, but he has, if only because he uses the knowledge that Clark will always hold back.

Absolutely. Spidey can take Batmans head off in one punch. But would he? Really? Just take how both characters are written, and really take into account, how, storywise, things would go down.
I could see Spidey winning. I could also see Batman coming out victorious.
If we're. Only talking in terms of power, yes Spidey wins. But then why does someone in the sheer weight class of, say, Rhino, go down to Spidey continually?
Im not saying Batman wins, you see.
Im saying he is capable.
You seem to imply its impossible, to outright stupid, to think Spidey could go down.
and yes, I've always found it hard to swallow that Bruce could take Clark down in any sort of match up, but he has, if only because he uses the knowledge that Clark will always hold back.

^ Well said.
Okay I get what you are saying.
Before that I actually thought that you were stupid to say that Batman can actually beats Spidey lol.

Please get back on topic spiderfan24 and captainrogers. Leave Spiderman out of this.It's between Batman and Captain America.

Cap is stronger, faster, tougher, more agile, etc, etc. Some people don't realize that "peak human" means peak human "in every way at the same time". The physical and athletic implications are staggering. In all actuality they have made him even stronger than peak human. Its changed a little over time but he's generally put at around an 800 lbs overhead lift/1200 lbs bench/600 lbs curl/1500 lbs squat range. All with an agility and speed surpassing Jet Li and he never gets tired.

In a straight up fight, Wayne is toast.

Last edited:
I have no evidence of Captain America having that ability. He still can't see through smoke.

#17 of Brubaker's run states Captain America has a keen eyesight and hearing, he dodges bullets easily because he sees faster than they move, with him hearing where the stuff comes from, it's not hard to just dodge and throw the shield at poor Brucie. Also Captain America is immune to all forms of diseases from sex diseases to vampirism, thats how powerful the super soldier is, he is unbreakable.

Where do you get the shield being faster than Batarangs? Both are thrown with the same force (Batman and Captain America have equivalent strength),
Captain America has all the optimums pushed beyond what a human can normally reach, despite basic physics the amount of strenght he can easily put on throwing the shield is just well... easy for him, Batman using his full strenght in trying to throw the batarangs faster than what Captain America could throw and dodge would ultimately leave Batman with 0 stamina and well, it would be a epic fail from him.

The edge of the shield is blunt, or else Captain America would cut himself on it, and throwing it a person's head would be a lethal option, which it is not depicted as in the comics. So it's not going to cut through the grapnel line.
The shield regularly does things that a Shield isn't really capable of, so i'll just let this go since it can be debated but hey lets use real science for us.

Batman's not that easy to beat. He would just get back up. Plus, when Cap throws the shield, he can't use it to defend himself, providing Batman with a small window of opportunity to punch him in the face.
And again, Steve's a super soldier with so much more stamina than Batman, he would out endure Batman and tire Batman down.
Besides, assuming the shield flies in a circle like a boomerang, if he throws it and then rushes Batman, he's not going to catch it on its return trip. It would land away from him, extending Batman's opportunity to attack him. Hell, he could just attach sonic devices to Cap's ears which would hurt like hell and distract him enough for Batman to knock him out.
Why can't Cap use the stuff he has on his belt then too? It has other things from medical packages, how about some flash grenades or gas grenades too?
He doesn't need to be. The shield can miss (it's not as though it's laser-guided or something), and he would be aware that Captain America may use that tactic. Captain America doesn't have the edge on him.
How on earth can Batman outthink a peak human who thinks much faster than Batman? Not to mention is stronger and faster, is Batman guarded by plot device here?

Batman has kevlar. Captain America (far as I know) has ...some chain mail. Great for stopping arrows, but he's fighting Batman, not Green Arrow or Hawkeye.
Cap's armor is both chainmail and kevlar. :p

********. Captain America is only mortal as well. He's not superhuman (most of the time), only peak human conditioning, in terms of strength and speed. He's no stronger or faster than Batman, he just can keep it up longer. If Batman knocks Captain America out quickly, then it doesn't matter how much more endurance Captain America has.
Incorrect. Read some Captain America comics, i'll recommend the Brubaker Omnibuses!
Bias toward Captain America.
Oh please i base my opinions based off having read both characters, how about you? :p

Ah, I love bat-boy think that Batman can beat anyone. Seriously, get a life.
They even think that Batman can beat Spidey. Woooww.

Theres no reason to be rude at everyone, this will just get you in trouble. :(

Good. :)

Also i forgot to add: Steve can take punches from beings like Hulk and even Iron Man in his armor withouth getting knocked out, so don't except Batman to pull out a Rocky Balboa or anything. :p

While Bruce was away in boarding school learning about the Stock Exchange and artificial intelligence, Steve was beating the **** out of Nazis.

Steve Rogers for the win.

:cap: :cap: :cap:

While Bruce was away in boarding school learning about the Stock Exchange and artificial intelligence, Steve was beating the **** out of Nazis.

I like Batman but, but let's face it Bats is overmatched with CAP!!!

That is so spot-on and awesome, I had to de-lurk to agree with you!

Cap FTW. Now how about Bucky vs. Robin?

Batman - Analytical genius and martial arts master who has honed his body and mind to peak human perfection.

VS.

Captain America - Master strategist and martial arts master who has above normal strength, speed, reflexes, and agility.

Hmmmmm

First time fight without Batman preparing for Cap. Then Captain America will win .... BUT....Batman is resourceful enough to survive any fight with someone superior to him and escape.

2nd fight after Batman has analyzed Captain America then the Bat will beat the Cap.

TIE :cwink:

How will Batman analyzing his enemy save him from the hard hits, superior speed and flatout being a better fighter and strategist.

How will Batman analyzing his enemy save him from the hard hits, superior speed and flatout being a better fighter and strategist.

They are both the best strategists, tacticians, and fighters in their respective universes.
Second, analyzing his enemy will allow him identify any weaknesses in his opponent or opportunities to strike.

Oh go ahead and tell me what Batman can do to Steve before he's annihilated. =)

Oh go ahead and tell me what Batman can do to Steve before he's annihilated. =)

It's Captain America, not Superman. He can't cream Batman before he finishes a thought, he wouldn't survive a whole city's electricity being routed through him, et cetera. A tough battle it may be, but it's not like Batman hasn't handled worse before. The tough part about this battle is that both Batman and Captain America have beaten beings of greater power than themselves.

It's Captain America, not Superman. He can't cream Batman before he finishes a thought

Captain America is going to put so much pressure on Batman that it's going to be tough for him to even think, here lets see how Frank Miller showed Captain America, since you dig Miller:
2ykyzxt.jpg

f028mr.jpg

This is what you're having Batman face.
he wouldn't survive a whole city's electricity being routed through him

If that was the case, why would Batman murder someone? Not to mention in order to pull off "Batman: Hush" first you'd have to stun Captain America, so how do you plan to accomplish that? The comparison doesn't work since you're using the Superman example here, in which Superman is not only fightning the Ivy control, the Ivy control is being momentarily blinded.

The tough part about this battle is that both Batman and Captain America have beaten beings of greater power than themselves.

Once again you can't provide a good enough argument in this debate why Batman wins while others here have given plenty of reason why Captain America wins, this is the flaw in your arguments. Either you need to stop it, or start visiting your local library and read some material. Even visiting a wikipedia or a wikia could provide abit more insight for you.

Captain America is going to put so much pressure on Batman that it's going to be tough for him to even think, here lets see how Frank Miller showed Captain America, since you dig Miller:
2ykyzxt.jpg

f028mr.jpg

This is what you're having Batman face.

Batman can also apply such pressure.

If that was the case, why would Batman murder someone? Not to mention in order to pull off "Batman: Hush" first you'd have to stun Captain America, so how do you plan to accomplish that? The comparison doesn't work since you're using the Superman example here, in which Superman is not only fightning the Ivy control, the Ivy control is being momentarily blinded.

Batman wouldn't murder Captain America. My point is that, while using Metropolis's entire power grid stunned Superman, Captain America wouldn't survive such an attack, because he's not invulnerable like Superman. My point is Captain America's far closer to Batman's level than Superman's level of power.

Once again you can't provide a good enough argument in this debate why Batman wins while others here have given plenty of reason why Captain America wins, this is the flaw in your arguments. Either you need to stop it, or start visiting your local library and read some material. Even visiting a wikipedia or a wikia could provide abit more insight for you.

I am not stating that Batman will win, rather that he can win. I will definitely tell you that Captain America can beat Batman, but the reverse is also true. It maybe decided by who hits first and with what. If Batman blinds Captain America with a flash-bang or a smoke grenade and kick him in the head, knocking him out, then Batman win. (And yes, he has knocked out a superhuman with a single kick, Deathstroke, in this case)
batstroke_sneak1.jpg

If Captain America sees Batman and throws the shield (stunning Batman at the very least), then runs over and repeatedly hits Batman into unconsciousness before he can recover, then Captain America will win.
Also, I did base my analysis on the Wikipedia article, which mentioned nothing like him having an immunity to toxins, for example. While I do know that Captain America doesn't tire like Batman will, the importance of that will vary based on the time the battle takes. If the fight lasts only minutes, then his near-unlimited endurance isn't going to help him or provide much of an advantage. I think you are really underestimating Batman here because of his lack of powers. The man almost broke a window designed to withstand a bazooka with only a crack while being poisoned.
batbazooka6.jpg

From the strategic and tactical standpoints, they are equal. Batman has more and a wider variety of weapons than Captain America, including many that Cap has no equivalent of his own, but I won't deny that Cap's shield is not only a great tool, but it is also a multipurpose one. The shield is not only indestructible for an impenetrable defense and good for bashing an enemy, but it can also be thrown at an enemy to do great damage.

Batman can also apply such pressure.

Prove it, but also realize Captain's brain is like a super computer, so it does process information and well flatout everything in mere seconds, so theres that.

Batman wouldn't murder Captain America. My point is that, while using Metropolis's entire power grid stunned Superman, Captain America wouldn't survive such an attack, because he's not invulnerable like Superman. My point is Captain America's far closer to Batman's level than Superman's level of power.

That doesn't mean Batman would even dare to do such an attack or even manage to do so, you once again try to make an argument withouth anything that backs up your opinion, you haven't manage to show a single indication why Batman would win over our Super soldier, wheres theres plenty of reasoning shown why Captain flatout destroys Batman.

I am not stating that Batman will win, rather that he can win.

Booring, and again you need to prove it.

I will definitely tell you that Captain America can beat Batman, but the reverse is also true. It maybe decided by who hits first and with what. If Batman blinds Captain America with a flash-bang or a smoke grenade and kick him in the head, knocking him out, then Batman win. (And yes, he has knocked out a superhuman with a single kick, Deathstroke, in this case)

1st of all your'e using Superman|Batman Annual #1 which is a comedy issue with Deadpool and others in it, is this whats come down to your arguments? Using parody issues as your evidence? Why don't you just say Bat-mite would murder Captain America? It's the same argument really, using comedy as a serious argument. :doh:

Also how do you get Batman to kick Cap in the head? Faster reflexes and as Captain can see bullets in slow-motion, that goes for other peoples movements, so he can see the muscle movement going. Smoke grenades? He isn't going to tear down because of some gas or tear gas stuff, he's a Super soldier and that doesn't effect him. Flash Grenade? He uses his shield to cover it.

All done with superior reflexes and thinking.

From the strategic and tactical standpoints, they are equal.

Nope. Captain America goes far more tactical and strategic and in the actual combat when it comes to alot of super villain fights. Captain America is the better commander here.

Prove it, but also realize Captain's brain is like a super computer, so it does process information and well flatout everything in mere seconds, so theres that.

You know what, I have been trying to be nice, I have taken your word on things, but I have ****ing had it with you pulling out things that I can't actually verify because I don't happen to have a library in my house, and that I can't verify through Wikipedia. Prove it.

That doesn't mean Batman would even dare to do such an attack or even manage to do so, you once again try to make an argument withouth anything that backs up your opinion, you haven't manage to show a single indication why Batman would win over our Super soldier, wheres theres plenty of reasoning shown why Captain flatout destroys Batman.

Prove it, Captain America fanboy.

Booring, and again you need to prove it.

:angry: I JUST ****ING DID. Read the ****ing post before telling people that they need to prove things. They just might have. It may be boring, but then you won't be telling people to prove things they already proved because you couldn't be bothered to read it.

1st of all your'e using Superman|Batman Annual #1 which is a comedy issue with Deadpool and others in it, is this whats come down to your arguments? Using parody issues as your evidence? Why don't you just say Bat-mite would murder Captain America? It's the same argument really, using comedy as a serious argument. :doh:

Nice ignoring my other example with the bazooka-proof window, *******.

Also how do you get Batman to kick Cap in the head? Faster reflexes and as Captain can see bullets in slow-motion, that goes for other peoples movements, so he can see the muscle movement going. Smoke grenades? He isn't going to tear down because of some gas or tear gas stuff, he's a Super soldier and that doesn't effect him. Flash Grenade? He uses his shield to cover it.

Prove it.
Also, Rogers cannot use the shield to defend himself on all sides at all times. If Cap is front of the wall, then Batman could throw it over his head, then bounce down for good effect. Even if Cap isn't going to tear down, unless he has heat vision, he cannot see through smoke, so he will be blinded.

All done with superior reflexes and thinking.

Prove it.

Nope. Captain America goes far more tactical and strategic and in the actual combat when it comes to alot of super villain fights. Captain America is the better commander here.

Prove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"