• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Captain Marvel and continuity

TheFanGuy

Civilian
Reaction score
Is anyone else worried Captain Marvel is going to damage AoS continuity in the MCU?

What did they establish in the 90s? I barely recall Coulson's flashbacks.

Recall Coulson''s conversation with Lady Sif in season 1 about blue aliens

The Bus was built in the 90s

Why the Kree left earth. Their inhuman experiments were shut down

The Confederation of Six from season 5 that's been around for thousands of years

The type of people and culture the Kree are

I feel as though a lot of lore has been established by AoS in regards to the Kree and their relationship to Earth. I know the movie universe ignores the television side, so I can't help but to think that all this will be tossed aside and continuity damaged

I was just watching the Alien Nation first episode and despite all coming from the same slave ship they pretty quickly told us there were different religions among the Newcomer community.

Just saying that the few individual Kree we met and the mercenaries at the Lighthouse can be just one wing of a galactic Kree society as Northeast Americans are one wing of human society

So... without spoiling anything, does anyone know if Captain Marvel does bad with AoS continuity?

I didn't notice anything that would directly contradict AoS

Maybe the designation they call Earth, which I don't recall ever hearing in SHIELD
but nothing major

Biggest plot hole currently is the gigantic Kree that Coulson was looking at in S1... no other Kree we've seen has been nearly so large

It actually fits pretty nicely.
I don't believe there was really anything contradictory for AoS. The only thing that may not make sense is that Coulson, in season 2, asks Sif about which different races of aliens have blue-skin. Now, Coulson never actually comes face-to-face with any blue-skinned Kree (Skrull Coulson interviews Danvers with Fury), and it is no sure thing that Fury would've provided a detailed description of events to rookie Coulson after the fact. Fury has his secrets. The movie also goes further to establish the Kree as the conquering empire that is further explored in season 5, so that is a nice dovetail

Biggest plot hole currently is the gigantic Kree that Coulson was looking at in S1... no other Kree we've seen has been nearly so large

It didn't look much bigger than a very large human to me.

It didn't look much bigger than a very large human to me.
kree-body-1-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-huge-bombshells-were-dropped-last-night.png

Idk, looks bigger to human than me
I guess it could be forced perspective, but even then, the perspective looks off and is making the Kree look overly large

Unlike the Infinity War tie in, that might actually work depending upon how the Avengers fix things in Endgame it looks like the Captain Marvel team went along with the Agents team in the portrayal of the Kree and some of their technology.

From what I recall from Captain Marvel, Coulson doesn't directly meet a Kree in the movie so there's no contradiction there but I do wonder if Fury described what a Kree looked like to Coulson.

Wasn't it the case that Coulson asked Sif about blue skinned aliens, she mentioned a bunch including the Kree but said she only knew of the Frost Giants coming to earth? I'd find it odd that if she mentioned the Kree explicitly but not as a species that had ever been to Earth, Coulson would not point out that they had been, given that he knows about Kree from Fury by the end of CM.

We are assuming that Fury described the Kree to a rookie agent who no longer had a need to know?

We don't know if Coulson was ever told by Fury on what a Kree would look like. The movie did a good job with not contradicting anything on the show other than Coulson not mentioning that Fury had a encounter with Krees.

We are assuming that Fury described the Kree to a rookie agent who no longer had a need to know?
That tends to be my thought (assuming his memories of the whole thing weren't erased by the memory rewrite). Coulson might know nothing of any details since a Skrull did most of it.

kree-body-1-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-huge-bombshells-were-dropped-last-night.png

Idk, looks bigger to human than me
I guess it could be forced perspective, but even then, the perspective looks off and is making the Kree look overly large
Humans come in different sizes too. You ever seen Shaq? ;)

Having rewatched the episode, I think that is perspective. Not saying he's short, but there's an initial overhead shot where he doesn't look nearly as big.

BTW, having rewatched the first season and a half, there's no doubt in my mind that the memory erasing machine had to erase Coulson's knowledge of the Kree. He was in charge of the TAHITI project. Leaving aside Captain Marvel, did he spend the entire project not knowing that it involved a Kree alien? Given that they didn't want anything that could trigger his memory, I think they wiped it all.

The bigger plot hole seems to be between The Winter Soldier and Captain Marvel. Wouldn't Fury's encounter with the Kree and Skrulls have leaked onto the internet when Black Widow leaked everything else?

Having rewatched the episode, I think that is perspective. Not saying he's short, but there's an initial overhead shot where he doesn't look nearly as big.

BTW, having rewatched the first season and a half, there's no doubt in my mind that the memory erasing machine had to erase Coulson's knowledge of the Kree. He was in charge of the TAHITI project. Leaving aside Captain Marvel, did he spend the entire project not knowing that it involved a Kree alien? Given that they didn't want anything that could trigger his memory, I think they wiped it all.

The bigger plot hole seems to be between The Winter Soldier and Captain Marvel. Wouldn't Fury's encounter with the Kree and Skrulls have leaked onto the internet when Black Widow leaked everything else?
Remember prepare for a large file download and they threw a Hydra filing cabinet out the window? If something is never scanned onto some server then there is no file for Colonel Zemo, or anyone else to find in his dedicated search

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"