Inhumans Marvel took away the release date of 'The Inhumans'

The overly-optimistic side of me is hoping that this is somehow related to Marvel getting back the FF rights and giving The Inhumans a proper introduction.

giphy.gif

I think it's that nobody cares about the Inhumans. Fans bugged Feige to greenlight DS, BP and CM but nobody wanted to see the Inhumans and Marvel have enough cash cow franchises as it is. The only one that I feel is really needed on the big screen is Ghost Rider.

Lol all the pushing Marvel has done to Inhumans in comics and all for nothing.

I really looked forward to this movie. Anyway, I wouldn't be so sure they will cancel this movie. Right now it seems more likely that they'll just push it back to a later date.

Maybe Inhumans was shelved because Marvel Studios doesn't like what AOS has done with them. We know that the film and TV divisions aren't on good terms. It's not inconceivable that Feige & co. aren't happy with Skye being shoehorned into the Inhumans, or with the rest of AOS's low-rent heroes. They may wait until the show finally gets cancelled before moving forward on a film.

What proof is there that the film and tv divisions aren't on good terms?

Marvel's Inhumans No Longer Has A Release Date

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the Inhumans are appearing on AOS, or does Marvel have something else in mind?
It has nothing to do with AOS:
Feige was specifically asked if the movie was being avoided since the ABC TV show was focusing on Inhumans. “No, it’s a question of when,” he told Collider.

Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we added ‘Spider-Man,’ which was a big, joyous coup for us,” Feige explained. “We added ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp,’ which was a big, fun continuation of that story for us. Walt Disney Company has announced an ‘Indiana Jones’ film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that it’s on right now. How far down it shuffles, I’m not sure yet.”

Yeah just saw the news. This sucks. Hopefully it won't be forever

Remember when Marvel studios was willing to let Fox keep Daredevil if they gave back the Fantastic Four? Notice as well that Fox only had movie rights to the X-Men properties, not tv shows, but now Fox are making X-Men related tv shows, no way Marvel/Disney gave up those rights without a cost, everything inside me hopes that cost was the Fantastic Four, and this is why Inhumans has been shelved so we can finally see a good Fantastic Four movie

What are you talking about "for nothing," Uncanny Inhumans is amazing. That's reason enough to push Inhumans in the comics - you get good stories.

Remember when Marvel studios was willing to let Fox keep Daredevil if they gave back the Fantastic Four? Notice as well that Fox only had movie rights to the X-Men properties, not tv shows, but now Fox are making X-Men related tv shows, no way Marvel/Disney gave up those rights without a cost, everything inside me hopes that cost was the Fantastic Four, and this is why Inhumans has been shelved so we can finally see a good Fantastic Four movie

And with the FF they get Silver Surfer,Galactus and Namor.

And with the FF they get Silver Surfer,Galactus and Namor.

Fox never had Namor. Universal had them. So getting FF back has nothing to do with Namor.

I hope though that moving Inhumans off the schedule will make way for an FF movie first and then introducing the Inhumans later on.

And admittedly, AOS have made the Inhumans concept become rather stale and somewhat dull. By the time the movie were to have rolled around, we'd be so bored of what they've done with it on the SHIELD TV show.

It's disappointing, but pushing The Royal Family back into Phase IV is probably best for the long term health of the MCU, especially if many fan favorite characters take a back seat after Infinity War. I have no doubt they will be introduced either in their own film or in another series - perhaps the FF reboot or as Guardians or Avengers antagonists. Disney Consumer Products must be chomping at the bit to get at Lockjaw.

Maybe Inhumans was shelved because Marvel Studios doesn't like what AOS has done with them. We know that the film and TV divisions aren't on good terms. It's not inconceivable that Feige & co. aren't happy with Skye being shoehorned into the Inhumans, or with the rest of AOS's low-rent heroes. They may wait until the show finally gets cancelled before moving forward on a film.

By the time this film is released AOS will be long gone and forgotten. The film will just pretend that the Inhumans stuff in AOS never happened and introduce the Inhumans properly and not as a mini rip-off of the X men

By the time this film is released AOS will be long gone and forgotten. The film will just pretend that the Inhumans stuff in AOS never happened and introduce the Inhumans properly and not as a mini rip-off of the X men
Of course, because it wasn't their job.
No need to pretend anything since they aren't about the same thing.

AOS did pretty well, AOS is just about the New Inhuman popping on earth, them being among us.
It's like the new inhumans comics since 2014 that are also more close to the X men.

The movie is another thing.
The royal family and Inhumans living alone in their futuristic hidden city that could be on another planet/moon/etc is a completly different concept.
They are more close to Asgard or GOTG.

I don't think AOS will just be forgotten. All the MCU fans will still remember it, and in their minds the Inhumans film wouldn't tie together with it at all.

Agents of SHIELD should've just given a different name to the "Inhumans" appearing in the show, especially if they never intend to tie it into the movie or the movie never acknowledges it. They could easily have been given their powers via a different origin instead of Terrigen mists. And not every character has to have the same source of power.

Ikr. They even nerfed X-Men for the Inhumans and now they don't move forward with planes? Mess...:o

Actually they had TV rights just had to get Marvel's permission. Not saying anything else you wrote was wrong or right just wanted to clarify.

I don't think AOS will just be forgotten. All the MCU fans will still remember it, and in their minds the Inhumans film wouldn't tie together with it at all.

Agents of SHIELD should've just given a different name to the "Inhumans" appearing in the show, especially if they never intend to tie it into the movie or the movie never acknowledges it. They could easily have been given their powers via a different origin instead of Terrigen mists. And not every character has to have the same source of power.
I don't see why.
It's like in the comics, some Inhuman stay in Attilan (movie) and some inhuman went among the regular humans. (aos)
-002.jpg

(And Carl Creel, Deathlok, Calvin Zabo, Angar the screamer,etc have powers without being inhuman)

Actually they had TV rights just had to get Marvel's permission. Not saying anything else you wrote was wrong or right just wanted to clarify.

If FOX needed Marvel's permission to proceed, they didn't have the rights.

And I'm not sure why Marvel's Inhuman experiment would be considered a mess. They've added a bunch of new characters, including the wildly popular Kamala Khan. Others have popped up on AOS, which is heading into its fourth season. They are still dominating comic book sales. Though it bothered many long time fans, the de-emphasis of characters whose live action rights are not under their control has worked out swimmingly for the Mouse.

Well this sucks, but I always thought there was a potential for this film to get taken off the calendar with room needed for potential upcoming sequels involving Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.

Are we really forgetting that Fiege pretty much told us this was going to happen?

Fiege: "Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we added Spider-Man, which was a big joyous coup for us. We added Ant-Man and the Wasp, which was a big fun continuation of that story for us. Walt Disney Company has announced an Indiana Jones film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that it’s on right now. How far down it shuffles, I’m not sure yet.

Interviewer: But it’s not a matter of “they’re already doing that on TV, we’re not doing it?”

Fiege: It's a question of when."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"