Sequels Cast future characters for Spider-Man sequels

Picard Sisko

Prepare to be Assimilated
Reaction score
Instead of making a thread for each character, just post all of your casting ideas here for the characters that could possibly appear in the sequels to Amazing Spider-Man. Here are some of my ideas:

Tim Roth as Cletus Cassidy/Carnage
Sir Ben Kingsley as Adrian Toomes/Vulture
Hugo Weaving as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin
Gerard Butler as Kraven the Hunter
Lyndsy Fonseca as Mary Jane Watson
Sam Elliot or R. Lee Ermey as J. Jonah Jameson
Michael Fassbender as Spencer Smyth

We kinda already have this thread...but oh well!

Norman Osborn/The Green Goblin: Michael Massee
Harry Osborn: Alex Russell
Mary Jane Watson: Lyndsey Fonsenca
J. Jonah Jameson: Hugh Laurie
Robbie Robertson: Denzel Washington
Betty Brant: Zooey Deschannel
Max Dillon/Electro: Cillian Murphy or Ben Foster
Adrian Toomes/The Vulture: ???? (I kind of want him in his early 50s late 40s)
Eddie Brock: Liam Hemsworth or Shawn Roberts
Herman Schultz/Shocker: ????
Tombstone: Michael Jai White
Spencer Smythe/ The Spider-Slayer: Michael Fassbender
Kraven The Hunter: Oded Fuhr (Or whatever his name is!)
Quentin Beck/Mysterio: Zacahry Quinto
Vermin: Andy Serkis
Mac Gargan/Scorpion: Jackie Earle Haley
The Chameleon: Madd Mikkelson

Some of these villains would be cross species, like the video game while some would not!

Last edited:
I don't think Hugh Laurie would be a good Jameson. While he has a similar attitude and personality in the show House, he doesn't look the part. Sam Elliot and R. Lee Ermey were actually considered for the role, but Jameson was cut out of this film.

I really like Michael Jai White as Tombstone, he fits that role!

I want Josh Hutcherson to be in a spider-man sequel I was thinking he could be great for Harry.

Who could play Felicia Hardy/Black Cat?!?!

I'd go for Paula Patton ;-)

Paula-Patton-Complex-Magazine-5.jpg

Just give me MEW for MJ. That's all I ask.

Mary%20Elizabeth%20Winstead-TYG-002045.jpg
I could see her as an MJ. I would still prefer Lyndsy Fonseca as Mary Jane though.

Imagine if Bryce Dallas Howard came back to play Mary Jane? It would never happen, but that would be interesting.

Also, does anyone think that J.K. Simmons would return to play Jameson? I feel like he is the one character that is extremely hard to replace with another actor.

^ would he be willing/want to return, yes... would they bring him back, probably not

I could see her as an MJ. I would still prefer Lyndsy Fonseca as Mary Jane though.

Imagine if Bryce Dallas Howard came back to play Mary Jane? It would never happen, but that would be interesting.

Lyndsy Fonseca is awful on Nikita, imo. BUT...that show itself is awful, so maybe being in something good would make her a better actress. Kinda like how Jensen Ackles sucked on Smallville but is great on Supernatural. Perhaps, but I still like Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

And...Bryce Dallas Howard didn't feel like she belonged as Gwen Stacy. The role was too small and she just didn't seem, to me, that she "clicked" as Gwen. Nor would I want her to be MJ. Besides, she'll be 33 in 2014 playing a MJ who's either a senior or first year in college. I don't think she'll fit the bill.

Sam Elliot and R. Lee Ermey are the only other actors I can think of who could take over as Jameson.

Imagine J.K. Simmons, Elliot, and Ermey all in the same room.

Norman Osborn/GG - Viggo Mortensen or Jason Isaacs
Doc Ock - Sam Neill
Vulture - John Lithgow
Scorpion - Woody Harrelson
Electro - Timothy Olyphant
Venom - I really don't know... Jensen Ackles??
Carnage - John C. McGinley or Stephen Dorff
Rhino - Kevin Durand
Morbius - Michael Shanks

Last edited:
Lyndsy Fonseca is awful on Nikita, imo. BUT...that show itself is awful, so maybe being in something good would make her a better actress. Kinda like how Jensen Ackles sucked on Smallville but is great on Supernatural. Perhaps, but I still like Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

And...Bryce Dallas Howard didn't feel like she belonged as Gwen Stacy. The role was too small and she just didn't seem, to me, that she "clicked" as Gwen. Nor would I want her to be MJ. Besides, she'll be 33 in 2014 playing a MJ who's either a senior or first year in college. I don't think she'll fit the bill.

No!! MEW has to be Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew!! I think that's a role that could suit her well. Spider-man is just going to get more and more emo as this series runs along, Gwen is going to die, or maybe they just decided to let her leave citing she can't handle this Spider-man thing, cue MJ then another emo story ensues...

Jessica Drew on the other hand, has ties to SHIELD, AVENGERS and HYDRA, you don't have to introduce her as Spider-Woman instead have her appear in Captain America 2 just as a SHIELD agent, but with this Hydra past... Future film it's revealed Hydra experimented on her, que Spider-woman

No!! MEW has to be Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew!! I think that's a role that could suit her well. Spider-man is just going to get more and more emo as this series runs along, Gwen is going to die, or maybe they just decided to let her leave citing she can't handle this Spider-man thing, cue MJ then another emo story ensues...

Jessica Drew on the other hand, has ties to SHIELD, AVENGERS and HYDRA, you don't have to introduce her as Spider-Woman instead have her appear in Captain America 2 just as a SHIELD agent, but with this Hydra past... Future film it's revealed Hydra experimented on her, que Spider-woman

wtf5.jpg

I don't want JK Simmons back as Jameson in this reboot. He was nothing more than blatant comic relief. Hugh Laurie on the other hand I think would be brilliant but there are other actors out there who could do the role justice. I think Jameson needs to be an all out prick IMO. I believe you just want to love to hate him given the fact that he hates Spider-Man. Another choice would be Stephen Lang or Chris Cooper. Heck why not Tom Selleck lol? Yeah I'm not serious with that one though he would have been a perfect Tony Stark back in the day.

Liam Hemsworth I would accept as Eddie Brock. ABSOLUTELY!! :)
Zooey Deschanel as Betty Brant. HECK YES!! :)
Alex Russell is a nice choice for Harry Osborn too. I guess you can't have Anton Yelchin in everything.
Michael Massee if he really is Norman Osborn oh please let it be so!!!
Michael Emerson as Otto Octavius perhaps?

Ok, just throwing this out there, and he has already played the role before in a voice over, but what about Freddy Krueger himself, Robert Englund as the Vulture. Give him a shave and a hair cut and he should be all set for the role.

robert-englund-1.jpg
250px-519px-Vulture.jpg

Daniel Day Lewis = Norman Osborn/Green Goblin
Amber Heard or Katheryn Winnick = Black Cat/Felicia Hardy
J.K. Simmons = J.J.Jameson
Armie Hammer = John Jameson

I like the idea of Dave Franco as Harry, I could see it. I'm stumped when it comes to MJ though, Lyndsay Foscenca is hot but I'm not sure she's right for the role.

JK Simmons - JJ Jamesson
Emma Watson - Mary Jane Watson
Joseph Gordon Levitt - Electro
Anne Hathaway - Black Cat

Updating from my last post (with additions):

Mary Elizabeth Winstead/Lyndsy Fonseca/Mekenna Melvin - Mary Jane Watson
Liam Hemsworth - Eddie Brock
Zooey Deschanel/Rashida Jones - Betty Brant
Alex Russell - Harry Osborn
Michael Massee - Norman Osborn
Michael Emerson - Doctor Octopus
Stephen Lang/Hugh Laurie/John Slattery - J. Jonah Jameson