• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cast The JSA

i was earlier but it is showing up for me. Its just a bunch of fans in cosplay/fan made costumes. A few do look good.

I posted this over in the Smallville JSA thread but this looks like a good place to post it as well.:yay:

ssjustice.jpg

I DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MAKING OF THIS PIC.
It was made by Wizard Costume Contest winner Kelly Mark Delcambre.

This pic begs the question, Do you want all new "Movie Costumes" or do you want the "Comics Costumes" for a JSA movie?:yay:

Comic costumes with movie costume production values.

A JSA movie based on "Golden Age" would be great. Even a DC animated film based on "Golden Age" would be great!

Stargirls costume looks like a cosplay costume...

Stargirls mask looks kinda dumb. the other costumes are pretty decent though

yea stargirl's mask is the only thing that is a little off, though i dont think any of them look cheap per say. Hawkman and fate's looks are a bit out there but for the smallville take they went inactive in the 70s so times were different. Stargirl for smallville take is a bit more inline with how (impluse/cyborg jl members on smallville look).

The Doomsday costume was 'out there' for Smallville too, and still looked crappy onscreen.

But hopefully these fair better.

Costumes like these definitely need a motion picture budget to do properly unfortunately.

The Doomsday costume was 'out there' for Smallville too, and still looked crappy onscreen.

But hopefully these fair better.

Costumes like these definitely need a motion picture budget to do properly unfortunately.

Says you.

Most on Ksite seem to agree about Doomsday's epic fail.

But whatever, cw budget

doomsday.jpg

But I applaud them for the effort at least. I just wish the 'fight' in the finale was better shot; the suit looked uber fake.

Even Sam Witwer mentioned you shouldn't look too closely at it onscreen or it ruined the illusion; and you need to suspend your disbelief.

Last edited:

But whatever, cw budget

doomsday.jpg

But I applaud them for the effort at least. I just wish the 'fight' in the finale was better shot; the suit looked uber fake.

A. The whole finale sucked. The fight sucked. The writing sucked... I didnt like any of it.
B. Yeah, CW budget.
C. I think in certain lighting they had on the show (basically, as long as its not in full light like that picture), I think it looked quite good.

Last edited:
In any case, it probably works in the favor of the JSA suits, given they're just suits and not something attempted to appear as a living creature.

Though I have a weird feeling the villain could be Solomon Grundy; which should be easily enough... big dude in zombie-like makeup.

i actually thought the doomsday costume looked good, but yea in other lighting it made it pop more. Doomsday episode was utter crap though and we should have gotten a better fight. Some are thinking grundy could be threat in the smallville jsa thing. But we havent gotten any details yet on the villain threat. But he would be an easy one to pull off.

Even Sam Witwer mentioned you shouldn't look too closely at it onscreen or it ruined the illusion; and you need to suspend your disbelief.
It was passable for a TV series. More faithful than the Doomsday we were going to see in Tim Burton's movie.

Last edited:

But whatever, cw budget

doomsday.jpg

Andre the Giant's Bigfoot costume looked better on Six Million Dollar Man.

ive never really noticed how crap doomsday looks until i saw that pic, the skins not dark enough and the bone pertrusions just dont look right. they needed to be smaller sharper more of them and look more like bones not prostetics. and back on jsa,
DAVID BOREANAZ AS WILDCAT, END OF DISCUSSION!

I think that the costumes should be like the ones in the Watchmen(the flashbacks). The classic costumes with movie production value.
JSA cast(younger/older)
Green Lantern/Alan Scott-Matthew Goode/Scott Bakula
The Flash/Jay Garrick-Nathan Fillion/Bruce Greenwood
Wildcat/Ted Grant-Jeffery Dean Morgan
Dr.Fate/Kent Nelson-Daniel Craig
Hourman/Rex Tyler-Eric Dane/Dennis Quaid
Atom/Al Pratt-Scott Caan
Spectre/Jim Corrigan-Paul Bettany
Sandman/Wesley Dodds-Anthony Michael Hall
Black Canary/Dinah Drake-Diane Kruger
Thoughts?
I will do the modern cast in a few days.

Since you bumped this thread.

JSA. WW2 Generation:

Billy Crudup as The Flash/Jay Garrick

BillyCrudup_BL_Varvatos_0206b,v2.jpg
missioniii1.jpg

Mark Valley as Green Lantern/Alan Scott

Mark%2BValley%2B2.jpg
124319__keen_l.jpg

Dominic Purcell as Wildcat/Ted Grant

purcell_dominic_big.jpg
PrisonBreak_DominicPURCELL.jpg

David Boreanaz as Hourman/Rex Tyler