Cast the new DCU

On second thought you know who'd be a good Jason rhymes and all:

1715149800046.gif

Dan Stevens as John Constantine

12d7cdba500ed1f91c3a228a45f67672cde1dee9.gifv

1f8e88f5eb2d0d5997f83580fa034001eca28378.gifv

Been on that train for a min. it's too perfect.

I have always wanted to find a way to be invited to a board meeting with high-level DC executives to present my vision for the new DC universe. Gradually earn their trust by sharing my knowledge of DC and demonstrating my enthusiasm for the project. As I build their trust, I'll take them on an unexpected journey filled with bizarre suggestions and ideas that might make them cringe.

1)Could Batman discard his costume and persona and simply charge into battle wielding a baseball bat?
2)Could Superman, rather than being an alien who gains his powers from our sun, simply be a delusional man donning a red blanket as a cape, believing he possesses superpowers?
The possibilities are endless.

Well, credit where it’s due, at least these two have some real credits to their names. :o
If any of you would have bother checking the "Candidate's" imdb pages you'd find out how wrong you are. But i can't really do anything about it, can I?

Dan Stevens as John Constantine too also gets my vote

Could be, but for now, I’m sticking with WW. I think she’s got the look.

I feel like we should make a poll for who we want for WW between Adria Arjona, Claudia Doumit, Melissa Barrera, Dua Lipa, and Anya Chalotra.

I feel like we should make a poll for who we want for WW between Adria Arjona, Claudia Doumit, Melissa Barrera, Dua Lipa, and Anya Chalotra.
Anya would be a strange inclusion since Gunn already cast her as Circe lol.

But for Arthur Curry...who replaces Momoa in James Gunn's universe? I would go with Alexander Ludwig but if you want an older Arthur, then I would go Alex Skarsgard

John Constantine - Jonathan Bailey

61a37ad09ac08b05ce3b03545f067d7b7d9cee15.gifv

Zatanna - Courtney Eaton

6fe122e527ee26868ffa26365dbd00e24b9b4fd5.gifv

Last edited:
An-Li Bogan would also be a nice pick for Zatanna, she was decent acting wise in TASMG even though I didn't think the movie overall worked at all.

CwBNCFL.jpeg

Definitely would go Barry Allen for DCU not Wally West but this time doing Barry's origin the right way

Counterpoint: I don't give a F*** about Barry Allen, Wally West is always cooler and he fits more with James Gunn's DC.

An-Li Bogan would also be a nice pick for Zatanna, she was decent acting wise in TASMG even though I didn't think the movie overall worked at all.

CwBNCFL.jpeg

Haven't seen her in anything that I can recall. But I really like her look for the part.

Definitely would go Barry Allen for DCU not Wally West but this time doing Barry's origin the right way
source.gif

Barry done right would be great, though at this point they'll likely just take everything Barry, and just call it Wally.

8pprvd.jpg

Counterpoint: I don't give a F*** about Barry Allen, Wally West is always cooler and he fits more with James Gunn's DC.
Maybe he will, Wally is great as Kid Flash, yet similarly to how Barry was inspired by and invoked Jay, even more so besides the red hair, Wally's whole Flash identity, and everything interesting about him is derivative and invokes Barry, his theme, origin (can't be told without Barry) , his costume, his personality angst is all about how he has to cary on the torch and live up to the legacy of Barry. Barry will always be the most interesting thing about Wally. Without that^ reference he's for the most part just Barry with red hair. Or my favorite when people have to check the eye color to know if it's Barry or Wally. :funny:

Last edited:
... this time doing Barry's origin the right way
What's funny is if Barry had his own origin told as per the comic, people would now accuse it of copying. Marvel.
p74tI2N.jpg

Don't know that speed had ever been conveyed that way before.
I remember this scene from Barry's origin his "awareness" now enhanced by his speed... almost exactly re-purposed to convey Parker's Spider-Sense,
4iyoly.gif

4iyv4g.gif

That suspended in time vision came almost directly from Flash's origin, the next scene they just swap the hyper awareness of Barry's seeing the bullet suspended in time, with the spitball fly and avoiding the fist.
eHAMp6W.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"