Sequels Casting Kingpin 101

Wilson Fisk/Kingpin is apart of the Daredevil movie franchise and character, Sony has no movie rights to the character, he can't be used in Spider-Man, period.

Wilson Fisk/Kingpin is apart of the Daredevil movie franchise and character, Sony has no movie rights to the character, he can't be used in Spider-Man, period.

okay, sorry

there's a polite way to correct people, you know

When do they lose the rights then?

Not that it matters, but I say stay with MCD so that way they are being consistent like they are in The Incredible Hulk.

Michael Clarke Duncan for continuity purposes, but if not I say Ray Winstone.

MCD for continuity reasons, but I agree Ray Winstone or James Gandalofini wouldn't be too bad.

If he was younger, Joss Ackland. But it doesn't matter casue Kingpin can't be in a Spider-Man movie.

back in the day orsen welles, could have been great o well. James Gandolfinni maybe__ ___

This is correct.

okay, sorry

there's a polite way to correct people, you know

He wasn't really being rude. He was being factual and simple.

When do they lose the rights then?

Not that it matters, but I say stay with MCD so that way they are being consistent like they are in The Incredible Hulk.
The majority of character contracts are up in 2009, at which point Marvel Studios will have free reign with the continuity.

Michael Clarke Duncan for continuity purposes,
Well, Mark Clarke Duncan really isn't the best person to have, IMO. What I think is that they should make it so that Daredevil never happened, which it didn't in the Spidey movie universe. They should start from scratch with Kingpin with a new actor. Besides, I highly doubt they would have Michael Clarke Duncan play the Kingpin because he already starred in Daredevil.

Well, Mark Clarke Duncan really isn't the best person to have, IMO. What I think is that they should make it so that Daredevil never happened, which it didn't in the Spidey movie universe. They should start from scratch with Kingpin with a new actor. Besides, I highly doubt they would have Michael Clarke Duncan play the Kingpin because he already starred in Daredevil.

And, along with Farrel's depiction of Bullseye, was critically praised for his acute accuracy in his portrayal.

Doesn't sound like much of a deterrent to me.

Even if Sony does get the rights to Kingpin, do people really want to see this character? All the villains so far are super villains, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Harry, Venom, Sandman. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Kingpin in a film. But what are other peoples opinions of Kingpin in a Spider-Man film?

Even if Sony does get the rights to Kingpin, do people really want to see this character? All the villains so far are super villains, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Harry, Venom, Sandman. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Kingpin in a film. But what are other peoples opinions of Kingpin in a Spider-Man film?
Well, personally, Kingpin shouldn't really be in the films because he is a mob boss. Remember, these are films, not comics and comics wok alot differently than films. Super Villians adapt very well, but I really don't know about Kingpin. However, Kingpin would be awesome to see in a Spidey film.

I've always thought of Kingpin as being Daredevil's great nemesis; I didn't mind that he was at Fox.

I've always thought of Kingpin as being Daredevil's great nemesis; I didn't mind that he was at Fox.
Well, Kingpin first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man Issue #50. So, yeah, I see him as a Spidey Villian, but more of a Daredevil Villian.

MCD played Fisk superbly. I can't think of anyone who could have done it better.
I wouldn't really rally for Kingpin as a Spidey villain in the movies, but if they did do it, I would hope they would try their hardest to get MCD back again.

MCD played Fisk superbly. I can't think of anyone who could have done it better.
I wouldn't really rally for Kingpin as a Spidey villain in the movies, but if they did do it, I would hope they would try their hardest to get MCD back again.
One of the things I liked about MCD in Daredevil was how they adapted his strength in the film. He grabbed a guy, hit him with his cane and choked him to death. However, as I said, I think somebody else should play him if he ever was in a Spidey film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"