Sequels Casting Kingpin 101

Well, as I said, since he was in Daredevil, I just think they should start fresh. However, I would love for MCD to play Kingpin so I'm fine with either one.
So, as I understand it, you'd rather have two separate continuities than one, studio-spanning Marvel Universe?

If by "doesn't really make sense" you mean "makes absolutely no sense whatsoever," I would agree with you. :up:

I'm fairly certain that Kingpin won't make an appearance in a Spider-Man film unless it's some sort of tie-in with Daredevil. Every fight sequence has been done already in the Daredevil film.

I'm fairly certain that Kingpin won't make an appearance in a Spider-Man film unless it's some sort of tie-in with Daredevil. Every fight sequence has been done already in the Daredevil film.
Well, but the Spider-Man films don't really tie-in with other Marvel films at all. They are basically their own saga.

That's all well and good, but movie-goers will see a guy in a red jumpsuit getting thrown around by a big, strong mobster and ask themselves "haven't I seen this already?"

That's all well and good, but movie-goers will see a guy in a red jumpsuit getting thrown around by a big, strong mobster and ask themselves "haven't I seen this already?"

Good point.

I think there are plenty of other villains that would be nice to see in a Spider-Man film as opposed to Kingpin, who has already been in Daredevil.

Lol, that's exactly how I feel. :O

Anyway, I think if Kingpin was ever in a Spider-Man film, I want to see him throw Spider-Man and stuff like he did in the comics. I want to see him bear hug him also. :up:
thats something i don't want to see i hate when they do that in comics/cartoons. i cannot buy that a man who works out is capable of tossing around a guy who can throw cars. it makes no sense that he can hold spidey in a bear hug and just makes spider-man look like a *****

Good point.

I think there are plenty of other villains that would be nice to see in a Spider-Man film as opposed to Kingpin, who has already been in Daredevil.
I 100% agree, I was just saying that "if" Kingpin was in a Spidey film.

I doubt it. Daredevil wasn't exactly a hit, and if they introduce Kingpin in say...3 or 4 years, then most people probably won't even make the connection.

It does bring up an interesting point, however. We haven't seen Spidey tangle at all with organized crime; it's been all supervillains up to this point.

Do I think a character like Kingpin (even though I like him) could sustain a Spider-Man movie on his own, especially in the wake of such heavy hitters and visual extravaganzas like Doc Ock and Venom? Not really. But it would be an interesting subplot.

Do I think a character like Kingpin (even though I like him) could sustain a Spider-Man movie on his own, especially in the wake of such heavy hitters and visual extravaganzas like Doc Ock and Venom? Not really. But it would be an interesting subplot.
Exactly my thoughts. He's an awesome Villian, but he probably wouldn't fit best in a Spider-Man film.

MCD was terrible as Kingpin. Kingpin always had an aire of sophistication (in juxtaposition to his sheer brutality) about him that MCD just doesn't pull off. Then there's the resemblance - which there is none.

For those of us who like the old animated series of Spiderman, the Kingpin WAS part of that world...and showed up in many Saturday cartoons.

If you go to the Marvel site, Spiderman is even in the background of one of the Kingpin portraits.

200px-Kingpin01.jpg

Though Spider-Man and Daredevil are his greatest enemies, he has also tangled with Captain America, Moon Knight, Dr. Strange, the Punisher, the Avengers, and Ghost Rider, among others. He has employed any number of costumed criminals and assassins, most notably Elektra, Bullseye, Jack O'Lantern, and Typhoid Mary.

There's a lot of ways to use this great, great character.

IMO, as I have said, Michael Clark Duncan's portrayal of Kingpin really was one of the best things about the film. I mean, whenever he was on screen, I was excited to see what he would do next. In the directors cut, I loved it when he killed those two gaurds. So, what I'm saying is that if Kingpin was in a Spider-Man film, it would be awesome to see that badass attitude from Kingpin.

Ray Winston for Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
ray_winstone_5052942.jpg

Make him bald and pack on a few more pounds and there you have it.

that pic of RW does suit the Kingpin
I think they should stick with MCD tho,
he did a good job and is already established as the Kingpin in films
the Kingpins role is good for the films,
no lengthy villain origins,already been done,
same for all the villains he can pit against SM,
he jus hires guys for the job,no origins needed :)
also Fat Joe would make a good alternative because hes def got the build,and hes more white than MCD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"