• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

casting mistakes?

Matt.S99

Formally batboy99
Reaction score
i didnt know where to post this but here it goes.did anyone think some(or all)the castings in the x men movies were somewhat bad?Or you liked the casting but could think of someone better?
the castings i would change(some i liked but i know someone could do better)are:
angel-too emo for me :p
jubilee-yeah i know she was only a small part but kea looks like she has downsindrome
storm-i myself enjoyed halle in some parts but there are others who can play storm better
rogue-i like anna but to me she just isnt sexy enough for rogue
juggernaught-no explination there

Storm. Only. Though I'd rather replace the screenwriters than her.

IF the way Rogue was written was different (like sassy-super-duper-sexy-bomb) I'd change Anna, but the way Rogue was written, she works just fine.

Actually, now, I want no recastings. I like everyone.

i agree about rogue,but to me she just isnt sexy enough for rogue,the way she was in the film is fine,but if they had her the way in the comics,annas gotta go

Who do you think would work as a comic-esque rogue?

i didnt know where to post this but here it goes.did anyone think some(or all)the castings in the x men movies were somewhat bad?Or you liked the casting but could think of someone better?
the castings i would change(some i liked but i know someone could do better)are:
angel-too emo for me :p
jubilee-yeah i know she was only a small part but kea looks like she has downsindrome
storm-i myself enjoyed halle in some parts but there are others who can play storm better
rogue-i like anna but to me she just isnt sexy enough for rogue
juggernaught-no explination there

You're ridiculous.

I don't think I'd recast anyone. As much as I like Marsden and appreciate his ability (He makes a nice Cyclops)... more for the character could have been done if they had a big-named star playing Cyclops. Terrible, but true.

you're obnoxious :)and wicked im not sure but i do think eliza dushku would have been better for a more comic rogue,plus kea doesnt even look like jubilee at all

Ken Leung as Quills
Omyhra Mota as Archlight

I dont like how they were hired simply because they are friends of Brett Ratner. Their characters bring nothing to the story and arnt needed.

i agree plus mota was just scary,she looks like a guy can you believe shes a model?!

hee. High fashion models are known for being very unique. Especially runway models. Of course, most err on the side of ethereal, not manly.

I've never been able to think of someone who would be a great Rogue, but I can kind of see Eliza..though its weird imagining her with a southern accent. :oldrazz:

lol well anna just isnt the comic rogue to me

I love Anna for the movie Rogue, but yeah - definitely not comic.

yeah same here she was good in the movies cuz imo it was nothing like the comics

i agree plus mota was just scary,she looks like a guy can you believe shes a model?!

She doesn't always look so butch. If you google her name, you will find pictures of her where she looks much more feminine and striking.

nope just googled her she looks too much like a guy

Ken Leung as Quills
Omyhra Mota as Archlight

I dont like how they were hired simply because they are friends of Brett Ratner. Their characters bring nothing to the story and arnt needed.

I'm sure it's not the first time a director has hired friends. Brett's biggest mistake was admitting this. Rather like when he said he had ADD.

I liked Arclight's character and powers. I also didn't mind Quill. I'm bored with Pyro though.

i agree about rogue,but to me she just isnt sexy enough for rogue,the way she was in the film is fine,but if they had her the way in the comics,annas gotta go

I figure some of you haven't seen other works that Anna has been in. In the film Hurly Burly, she plays a character, be it a teenage prostitute, that is very similar to the "Comic Rogue" persona. In 25th Hour she is a hyper sexual, very flirtacious student. Just like people don't give Halle enough credit, people don't give Anna enough credit. And, if she had her X2 body, she can be very sexy...X3 she didn't look as good, it helps if you have a personal trainer like Halle.

jvespa_002.jpg

Well, I think some casting choices weren't like the comics, and Hugh Jackman is one of them. For me, the movie version is not the comic one. Anna Paquin isn't the only one then. And Halle, well, she doesn't look african, more Jean is a little older, but anyway, all of this is secondary. The most important thing is the script, all could have shine if the scripts would have gave them better roles.

Reading these post has brought forth a question I've been meaning to ask for a while.

Why the double standard for Anna to be ok even though a near polar opposite as her counterpart but Halle gets fire and brimstone?

I figure some of you haven't seen other works that Anna has been in. In the film Hurly Burly, she plays a character, be it a teenage prostitute, that is very similar to the "Comic Rogue" persona. In 25th Hour she is a hyper sexual, very flirtacious student. Just like people don't give Halle enough credit, people don't give Anna enough credit. And, if she had her X2 body, she can be very sexy...X3 she didn't look as good, it helps if you have a personal trainer like Halle.

jvespa_002.jpg
sorry still not rogue to me,like i dont mind her as rogue she can probably pull off the comic rogue but theres other people who are more like the comic rogue,maybe its her teeth thats the worst thing but i do agree about her in x2 if she looked like that in x3 then we have the comic rogue,i think it was x3 that made me meh for anna as rogue

Reading these post has brought forth a question I've been meaning to ask for a while.

Why the double standard for Anna to be ok even though a near polar opposite as her counterpart but Halle gets fire and brimstone?

I've often wondered that too.

Because some would say, unlike Halle, Anna at least did a good job with what was given to her...I said...SOME would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"