Characters you want to see in sequels

lady jaye: lena headey
lenaheadey_468x635.jpg

THIS I COMMAND! :word:

Also, I'd like to see Brendan Fraser's role expanded. I'm pretty sure if that happens he's going to be the movie version of Flint.

Characters I'd like to see in the sequels:

Beachhead
Lifeline
Mainframe
Gung-Ho
Lady Jay
Flint
Falcon
Tunnel Rat
Muskrat
Wetsuit

Will think of who I'd like to see in the roles.

@ Timstuff - Fraser was already credited as some random Joe even though I was hoping it was thrown in for Joe fans and he would turn out to be Flint or Slaughter. Unfortunately I don't believe it is meant to be.

With Lady Jaye, I was thinking that the implication should be that her name is derived from a female blue jay. She could have a blue jay patch on her uniform or painted somewhere onto her body armor, or maybe have it as a tattoo. I think that would be a lot better than simply leaving the audience to assume that it's Lady J., as in "the female GI Joe." I always thought that was pretty lame, especially since there are a lot of female Joes other than her, and it had some not-so-subtle implication that she was merely a token female or distaff counterpart to the Joes.

I think if were talking about what characters should appear it would have to be characters best suited for the story, rise of cobra was pretty much an introduction movie, several favorites were there but some characters were uncessary like snake eyes and shadow storm whose only involvement really was hired muscle and there own rivialry backstory. But nevermind there still pretty cool characters plus we have a different background to play with in the sequel along with the comander and destros past.

So to recap, Zartan is the president, Cobra Commander and Destro imprisioned, Baronness in re-hab and finally it lookes like Duke and Ripcord have become fully fledge Joes.

Essentially, with Zartan in discuise he is going to need someone who has the same kind of mind to help transform him back into his normal appearance. Then there is who would the cobra commander trust to continue his work whilst he is incarcated... For that we can only suggest Dr.Mindbender, who only had a brief cameo but i think Kevin O'Conner should reprise the role and make it a much bigger role at that.

secondly, i kind of imagin the joes are going to become outlaws as Zartan is in control and the goverment was in connections to the mars corporation so i could see the Joes going on the run, the only way they could move undetected across the world is if they were on a sub, to which i feel the character of Shipwreck should appear for that purpose.

Third character i would like to see is Tomax and Xamot, reason for this is that you can see what Cobras plan was a controlable obidiant army, possibly a clone army. Tomax and Xamot would suggest cloning expermients and having them in the movie would be great sideline for characters the Joes could fight.

finally the fourth character Firefly - with shadowstorm gone, we really need another rival for snake eyes. he would be a good fit. Plus he has good tracking skills.

I was thinking it would be cool if Zartan either has the ability or gains the ability to shapeshift at will rather than needing a procedure to do it. He's got the Nanos in him already so he ought to be able to, even if it's the result of re-programming or a strange programming fluke.

I am keen to see Voltar.

I think he would be a great character to bring in and he could be a good antagonist given a good script.

Who could play Voltar? I say Brian Cox or Jeff Bridges.

:woot:

Stalker - Michael Jai White
Michael_Jai_White.jpg

Gung-Ho - Kevin Durand
kevin-durand.jpg

Tunnel Rat - Aaron Yoo
aaron-yoo-10880.jpg

Helix - Katheryn Winnick
katheryn_winnick.jpg

General Flagg - Stephen Lang
Stephen+Lang+Fox+Star+Party+Arrivals+VsmzTmRKT7Fl.jpg

Last edited:
Rock 'n Roll - Josh Holloway
600full-josh-holloway.jpg

Torpedo - Jay Hernandez
Jay-jay-hernandez-17026925-391-530.jpg

Shipwreck - Santiago Cabrera

Last edited:
Low-Light - Cole Hauser
24gfi0py9yrs9yri.jpg

Quick Kick - Tony Jaa
600full-tony-jaa.jpg

Beachhead - Thomas Jane
thomas-jane-image.jpg

Cover Girl - Mini Anden
mini-anden%2528USE%2529.jpg

Last edited:
Storm Shadow & Cobra Commander

I just wants more badass character or Best Rival, Duke & Snake eyes just good man not more....

Interrogator. I had this guy as a kid (one of the few I actually remember having). I always thought he looked cool.

interrog.jpg

_00020899.jpg

Plus he came with this which I really loved as a kid.

00020904.jpg

When in the first movie when Storm Shadow used a portable backpack/vtol thingy I couldn't help but be reminded of that toy.

Though speaking of Storm Shadow I also recall having a figure like this (though this particular example is a custom I believe, the original also had a white scythe and ninja sword from what I recall).

P8180038.jpg

Now while I don't think a direct translation of that costume would work, I think it could be altered somewhat and still be somewhat faithful and look good in live action. Though at this point I'm pretty sure the movie already has their look for Storm Shadow finalised.

I just want the whole ninja clan thing done right.

it was largely ignored in the toons so my hopes are not high.

i think it's pretty agreed that flint and lady jaye should be on the team if a sequel were to be made.

As for who i think should play them...

flint: johnny messner
johnnymessner.jpg

lady jaye: lena headey
lenaheadey_468x635.jpg

perfect casting !!!

I'm shocked we haven gotten Shipwreck or the evil twin dudes yet.

Shipwreck quick-kick the twins spirit and even some b.a.t.'s. Complaining about fan boys but you need fan boys to watch the movie. Give us a g.I. Joe we want. Other wise you'll have another g.I.Joe like the first flop film.

I just want to hear this character say his most famous line:

THIS...I...COMMAND!!!

"All shall be crushed...beneath Serpentor's iron heel!!!"

I really want some of the characters of the first film who weren't miscast to be back... chief among them, Rachel Nichols as Scarlett and Dennis Quaid as General Hawk. And Agjabe was okay as Heavy Duty.

Now three major characters that still haven't showed are Rock n' Roll, Shipwreck and Gung Ho. I know, I know... there is Stalker and Beachhead but these three are the ones I really wanna see along with General Bludd.

I don't know whom to cast as Rock n' Roll. Holloway seems good in the pic above.

Now it may be a hit and miss kinda thing... but Brendan Fraser is still uncredited for the first film right?And he was absolutely enamored by the prospect of being in a GI Joe film (in hindsight, it was THAT one film)?

Am I the only one wondering if this could happen.
2008_the_mummy_tomb_of_the_dragon_emperor_017-Copy.jpg

Brendan Fraser as Rock n' Roll!!!

As for Shipwreck, Edgar Ramirez was born to play that role!

edgar-ramirez-Copy.jpg

Lastly, Gung-Ho. I don't think I've seen this anywhere so I'm gonna take the credit (or criticism) for this one...
tom_gung.jpg

Tom Hardy as Gung Ho.
What do you guys think?

Hopefully the rest are on the way...to my mind!!!

Last edited:
Characters I'd like to see in sequels:

Serpentor
Tomax & Xamot
Agent Helix
Flash
Zap
Gung Ho
Bazooka
Iceberg
The Dreadnoks
Wet Suit