• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Civil War: the Return?

supermarvelman

Sidekick
Reaction score
In the latest Marvel Previews there is a preview for a Civil-War tie-in called Civil War: the return. Focusing on the Sentry, and the return of one of Marvel's greatest heroes. Who is returning? Is Capt. Mar-Vell returning?

Part of the Synopsis says "Within the negative zone, the walls of 42, are pulled back to reveal the return of one of the Marveldom's greatest heroes...now face-to-face with a Universe they no longer recognize"

Nothing there says Capt. Mar-Vell is returning, but the cover to the tie-in is all white, except for a symbol in the middle that looks very similar to Capt. Mar-Vell's symbol.
Actually that quote does say a lot, Mar-Vell has connections to the Negative Zone and he is one of Marveldom's greatest heroes.

Plus a while back in Wizard when Civil War just started, there where some questions and one of them was;

Which of these 2 heroes will make there triumphent return in Civil War?

A)Thor (technically Thor did not make his come-back, and I doubt the real Thor will show up anyway, once he returned in Fantastic Four, he headed straight for Asgard, no matter what was going on, on midgard, he might not remember anything, but I think his insticts would lead him there)

B)Hawkeye (at first I would've said he was 1 of the 2, but not anymore, I think he will make his return in New Avengers, people like Captain America might know he's alive but why get involved, it might seem selfish but I think he's more concerned with he's been through lately)

C)Capt. Mar-Vell (he's 1 of 4 choices, thats all I need and I might be wrong but the preview kinda sways me that way, he's been dead for so long now, why not)

D)Ant-Man (I think Ant-Man is 1 of the 2, he appeared in Civil-War: Choosing Sides, I dont think they where talking about a specific Ant-Man like Scott Lang, but someone to take on the role, Ant-Man has become one of Marvels only successful legacy heroes, so I think thats what they meant)

It also says "a universe they no longer recognize" Hawkeye hasn't been gone that long, either has Thor, but Capt. Mar-Vell has been gone for a while and with everything that is going on with Civil-War, Annihilation, Hulking being his son, having another son thats already dead, and a dauther, things will seem very different than they where before he died. Plus this is a little connection but Nitro killed Captain Mar-Vell, Nitro is who pretty much caused Civil War to happen, and they have mentoned Catian Mar-Vell a couple times in Civil War.

What do you guys think am I reading to much into this, please I'd love some feed back.

I hope it's not Mar-Vell but odds are it'll be him. Lastly, the Ant-Man Wizard refers too is not the same as the one you do. At least, I recall them talking about Scott Lang, who is still very much dead. Hawkeye will in fact be appearing New Avengers soon, and I still assume Thor will be returning by the end of Civil War. Still got three issues left after all.

Youre the first to make that guess.

Doesn't the cover for The Return have a huge Captain Marvel logo on it. :huh:

Ben Urich said:
Doesn't the cover for The Return have a huge Captain Marvel logo on it. :huh:

haven't seen the cover myself, but I wouldn't be suprised if it did. It just seems to fit perfectly with how Joe "I'm-so-subtle" Quesada does business.

Yes it has the symbol Captain Mar-Vell and Quasar wear.

Also Genis-Vell is dead, so that leaves room for the original Capt Mar-Vell to return

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Mar-vell. As much as I love Quasar I wouldn't consider him one of Marveldom's greatest heroes, not to mention that
he was killed off recently in Annihilation.

But hasnt Phyla not taken over for Genis? How many Captain Marvels do we need?

Could be Quasar

Dope Nose said:
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Mar-vell. As much as I love Quasar I wouldn't consider him one of Marveldom's greatest heroes, not to mention that
he was killed off recently in Annihilation.

yea and he's already retuning by the end of Annihilation

That doesn't mean I think it's him who's returning, I'm 100% saying that it will be Mar-Vell.

I'm gonna feel like a moron if I'm wrong

bkhedr said:
But hasnt Phyla not taken over for Genis? How many Captain Marvels do we need?

Could be Quasar

Dude she would give that role up to her Dad, no doubt.

Could be

it just seems like they should give her more of a chance. I mean why make her the new Capt Marvel at all if you are gona bring Mar-Vell back a couple of months later

Maybe she dies in Annihilaton?

bkhedr said:
Could be

it just seems like they should give her more of a chance. I mean why make her the new Capt Marvel at all if you are gona bring Mar-Vell back a couple of months later

Maybe she dies in Annihilaton?

Wouldnt be disappointed, Shes pretty crappy to be honest.

Still, I'd rather Mar-Vell stayed dead. Don't see how he'd fit in nowadays.

She's not that crappy!

I say bring back Mockingbird! :oldrazz:

I think its pretty much a give its Mar-Vell, although I'd prefer Quasar back.

Kinda off topic but is peace on the horizon between the Kree and the Skrull?

If Captain Mar-Vell returns, he's the father of Hulking, Hulking is supposedly the savior that will bring peace between the Skrull and the Kree empires, he has also gained the respect of Xavin, a super-skrull in training. Heroes like
Ronan and Super-Skrull teaming-up, after Annihliation is over they will have gained so much respect for eachother, deep down they are heroes, they will be two of the greatest Champions of their respective races. There respect for eachother, and the prophecy of Hulking being the savior will help move the Kree and Skrull towards peace. Plus if Thanos survives what just happened to him (I think he will), and if Captain Mar-Vell returns, that could be a big focus of the next big Marvel space epic, since Annihilation has been so good.

I dont see how it matters at this point

The Skrull empire is badly, perhaps irreprably, damaged.

First Galactus took Throne World and now the Annihilation wave has cut through them.

I just wonder how much of their proud empire is really left to give the Kree a run (granted the Kree empire was rebuilt after the Nega-bomb went off so that shows how much past events matter)

What I am more interested in will be what happens when the wave hits the Shi'ar (I hope it does)

That's not Quasar symbol. :confused: His symbol resembles that of Mar-Vell but it is different. What's on the cover is the actual Mar-Vell symbol. Of course, it could be Quasar returning AS Captain Marvel, but it'll probably be Mar-Vell, which would just be a really idiotic move.

I havent acctually seen the cover

How did Mar-Vell did again?

Anybody notice how since that DB dude touched Mjolnir and shot up in the sky back in FF #538,Reed hasn't even addressed it?

Mjolnir comes crashing down to earth,then disappears and none of them are worried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"