Civilization IV + expansions

GFreeman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Anyone else here a Civ IV addict? If you've never heard of it, it's basically an incredibly deep turn-based strategy game (like a really enhanced Risk), where you can take control of nations and either play a "from the beginning of time" game where you take your Civilization from the stone age to the nuclear age, or play several historical and "what if" scenarios. Click here for info and screenshots and such.

I've been hooked since Civ 3 and again when Civ IV came out... then it got old but damn this new expansion has everything you could ask for in a Civ game... the espionage element on top of the religious element really completes the game... Civ IV: Beyond the Sword goes full circle... and 34 civilizations to choose from... unfortunately I'll be hooked for some time and neglect things a little more important than PC games... but this game is almost perfection. I just wish they could get out of the turn based game but it is what it is... the detail in this game is unparalleled to any strategy game out there... so damn addictive... you people should check it out. It was 2005 game of the year btw.

Been a fan since the first Civ. Adding Vassal States was a HUGE improvement to the game. Now I can conquer the world without eliminating everyone.

I thought Civilization II was great, love that game. I never played Civilization III. I bought Civilization IV but I can't get into it like Civilization II, who's setup and style I prefer.

I bought Civ 4 off steam, didn't like it at first, after a while, it did become quite addicting, being nice was kinda boring though, killing off other civs was more fun.

I bought Civ 4 off steam, didn't like it at first, after a while, it did become quite addicting, being nice was kinda boring though, killing off other civs was more fun.

The character markers are too big in Civilization IV for my liking. They are two times as big as the trees!

I really enjoy Civ IV. The only problem I find is that I can never seem to wage war effectively because of the time it takes to produce units and the travel times. I guess that's part of the whole strategy of war, but I always end up in positions where I can defend but launching an attack is not feasible. I feel like it takes away part of the game for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"