World Selutron Superman IV

treeringralph

Civilian
Reaction score
I saw this posted over at Selutron's youtube page:

"Selutron,

You are doing such a great job with the Superman Part II edits. I can't wait for you to resume work on the cut, and to see your fully polished final draft will be a true wonder to behold I'm sure!

In light of your obvious talents, I was wondering if you could do anything with Superman IV. I would prefer to see someone as amazingly gifted as you attempt to recreate IV in a way that honors Christopher Reeve's original intent to return the series back to the epic scale and verisimillitude of the Donner film (s). I thought of you when I read THIS QUOTE from Reeve's autobiography detailing how a scene from Superman IV was originally intended to play out:

"Konner and Rosenthal wrote a scene in which Superman lands on 42nd Street and walks down the double yellow lines to the United Nations, where he gives a speech. If that had been a scene in "Superman I", we would actually have shot it on 42nd Street. Dick Donner would have choreographed hundreds of pedestrians and vehicles and cut to people gawking out of office windows at the sight of Superman walking down the street like the Pied Piper. Instead, we had to shoot at an industrial park in England in the rain with about a hundred extras, not a car in sight, and a dozen pigeons thrown in for atmosphere. Even if the story had been brilliant, I don't think that we could ever have lived up to the audience's expectations with this approach."

-from the book "Still Me"

When I read this, I thought how amazing that shot would've been, and I immediately thought of you. I truly believe that you have enough talent to make Superman IV much better than what it currently is.

If you are uninterested in picking up Superman IV, could you at least "finish" the deleted footage found on the "Deluxe Edition" of IV so others could take a crack at it? Again, I'd much rather see your take on it than pretty much any other editor, but it's really whatever you'd like to do.

I believe that your intentions for Superman Part II are noble, but you might have a better chance creating a new Superman IV that really COULD motivate WB to release a new edition of the final Reeve film. You could help restore some honor and grace to Reeve's last appearance as Superman.

Help me, Selutron Kenobi. You're my only hope."

I like the idea. His Superman II stuff is awesome. I hope he does it!

-trr

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"