Cloning of Two Men

I know people are joking, but they are not growing the clones up, but instead using the embryos for stem cells.
We already have way to many people as is.
And since, as far as I know, fundamentalist find clones to be abhorrent, and not on the same level of humanness as the old fashioned kind of person, then they should have as much whining to do as they demonstrate with our current methods of stem cell extraction methods.

wouldn't they take over the world?

just imagine, a world overrun by hot, perpetually-twenty-year-old clone women

:rolleyes:

:o

Didn't 3rd Rock try to have the world taken over by Alien Supermodels?

Oh, and while Cloning rocks, that doesn't make it a good idea. Where's my other option.

Cloning men is dumb. I would hate to live in a world where I first of knew someone out there was exactly like me and secondly cloning decreases genetic variation.
I have a twin, it's not that weird.]

It is just like this

:yay: :yay:

Thats it.

Clones and twins are two different things:o

:lips: :lips:
I know, but it is similar. We share the exact same DNA, and he looks just like me. But, he has a more hair. It's kinda, Sorta the sameish. Sorta

I know, but it is similar. We share the exact same DNA, and he looks just like me. But, he has a more hair. It's kinda, Sorta the sameish. Sorta

It's unlikely that your DNA is exactly the same as your twin. It will be very similar but there is bound to be some point of disparity. (Which allows DNA to be used as evidence when a crime is commited). A clone would have the EXACT same DNA and that would lead to a whole bunch of legal ramifications.

Just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should do something. I think cloning falls into that category. I mean...scientists are creating life, simply for the sake of taking it away to use it's stem cells. I mean, religious or not...someone has gotta see how ****ed up that is.

It's unlikely that your DNA is exactly the same as your twin. It will be very similar but there is bound to be some point of disparity. (Which allows DNA to be used as evidence when a crime is commited). A clone would have the EXACT same DNA and that would lead to a whole bunch of legal ramifications.

If I'm not mistaken though, an identical twin is for all intents and purposes a clone and does have the exact same DNA as you.

If I'm not mistaken though, an identical twin is for all intents and purposes a clone and does have the exact same DNA as you.
Exactly! I did some research on this, you know, since I'm an Identical Twin a couple of years ago. And, yup, Identical Twins share the same DNA.

Wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identical_twins#Identical_twins

Identical twins occur when a single egg is fertilized to form one zygote (monozygotic) which then divides into two separate embryos. Their traits and physical appearances are not exactly the same; although they have identical DNA, environmental conditions both inside the womb and throughout their lives influence the switching on and off of various genes.

weird, than all those Movies on cloning had it really wrong, because there would be no way to imitate all the conditions in someone's life to have the clone be exactly the same as the original.

weird, than all those Movies on cloning had it really wrong, because there would be no way to imitate all the conditions in someone's life to have the clone be exactly the same as the original.
Yeah, as a twin and even though we look alot of like, eviromental factors did take place (ie. BEER) and he gained a little bit more weight than I. Plus he has the hair, I shave mine. So, we do share the Same DNA but look a little different because of things beyond our control.
JONandME.jpg

It's funny, there's been so much fuss over this for years now that I'm not even excited about this and I friggin love genetics! :(

they need to get some of the worlds smartest men and clone thousands of them. :woot:

They have the exact same genotype but the alleles which produce phenotype are different. So their genome isn't 100% the same. As he said, one has more hair so the gene that effects hair phenotype is being expressed differently.

They have the exact same genotype but the alleles which produce phenotype are different. So their genome isn't 100% the same. As he said, one has more hair so the gene that effects hair phenotype is being expressed differently.
No, I shave my head. It's by choice.

I'm also an identical twin, but it's true that we don't look exactly the same in appearence. And not just by environmental factors or choice. My head and chin have been shaped a bit differently than his since birth.

I'm also an identical twin, but it's true that we don't look exactly the same in appearence. And not just by environmental factors or choice. My head and chin have been shaped a bit differently than his since birth.
You are a twin too huh? We should have a twin hang out on the Hype. We can discuss issues that are relevant to twins and other multiple births. How many twins are on the Hype anyway?

You are a twin too huh? We should have a twin hang out on the Hype. We can discuss issues that are relevant to twins and other multiple births. How many twins are on the Hype anyway?
I have no idea. Go ahead and create a thread on it.

Clone meat is legal in america now too. So you will be eating clone cows and pigs.

I would think cloned food would be more of a fall back option in case live stalk diminishes somewhere throwout the future.

eat the real thing for now, when we have no more.. than yay for knowledge of cloning.

I would think cloned food would be more of a fall back option in case live stalk diminishes somewhere throwout the future.

eat the real thing for now, when we have no more.. than yay for knowledge of cloning.
Actually, if they clone just a few giant cows and bulls, and let the BIG genes flow through to new generations that would help bring costs of Food down and gaurentee perfect Sirloin ever time. :up:

This message has been brought to you by your friendly USDA

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"