• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Collector Mentality

Well, I for one would love to buy ASM again. I have a lingering love for the flagship book, I just don't think Dan Slott's voice fits anymore. It's nothing personal against him at all! He brought me back to the book post OMD, which was no small feat! I had legitimately sworn off the book, and his work on Big Time and "Matters of Life and Death" brought me back.

I just think we've hit a point after Dan's 100+ issues that, well, we could use some new blood. I think the steps with Legacy have put Spidey as a character back on the right path, but we'll end up n the same place without some changes. I would love to see another writer take over, but I genuinely don't know who I would choose!

Mark Waid would be my pick for writer, with either Chris Samnee, Marcos Martin, or, my FAVE, Ryan Stegman on the pencils.

On a total side-note, my daughter picked up my Ultimate Spider-man hardcovers, and has begun reading them...I'm a proud papa.

Delete - Double post

I definitely have a collector mentality too but pretty much ran out of space a long time ago. I’ve got 12 long comic boxes filled and I don’t buy much more digital than physical nowadays. Hopefully I can clear some space by using my favourite comics to decorate the walls.

So. With the potential return to the original ASM numbering, my collector mentality is cringing inside and making me wanna pick up the books (along with the in between issues I've missed)

I hate this about myself.

I stopped buying comics in 2015.

Anyone else in here feeling the same itch?
Or is it just me?

:csad:

Is it for a completist aspect that you are conflicted or cause you are concerned you will miss out on good storytelling and art?

Is it for a completist aspect that you are conflicted or cause you are concerned you will miss out on good storytelling and art?

First and foremost it was purely for a completist reason
With continuity basically being thrown out the window left and right I feel like I can't enjoy stories where the pass is basically ignored or altered to ridiculous levels
Having said that I've heard really good things about the new number one so I've been feeling like jumping on board again

The new number 1 was awesome. I am officially back on collecting if this sticks.

So I bought #801.& 802 today...

Gotta dig up ASM #752 to 756 and #776 to 799 to complete #1 up

So I bought #801.& 802 today...

Gotta dig up ASM #752 to 756 and #776 to 799 to complete #1 up

Aloha,
See what happens when you decide NOT to collect:woot:. Spider-Man is not only addicting but guaranteed from time to time to make you so mad you say the hell with it. But who can really ever fully resist the bite of the Spider? Good luck on back issues.

Spidey rules

Aloha,
See what happens when you decide NOT to collect:woot:. Spider-Man is not only addicting but guaranteed from time to time to make you so mad you say the hell with it. But who can really ever fully resist the bite of the Spider? Good luck on back issues.

Spidey rules

LOL... thanks Donald... I did this once back in '97 and came back in 2001 with JMS... I had fun chasing 4 years of back issues for all 4 titles...

I'm just going to focus on 3 years of ASM this time around... though the prices on some of those 79# books are freaking unreal...
I'll wait for the hype to die down...

And thanks. :yay:

LOL... thanks Donald... I did this once back in '97 and came back in 2001 with JMS... I had fun chasing 4 years of back issues for all 4 titles...

I'm just going to focus on 3 years of ASM this time around... though the prices on some of those 79# books are freaking unreal...
I'll wait for the hype to die down...

And thanks. :yay:

Yeah, I went back and decided to read some of the Red Goblin issues. Luckily, a friend of mine gave me the first 2 parts. Kind of weird how those went up the way they did.

Good luck! Me, I've been unloading some of my comics and trading for ol' Spidey back issues. I've been more intered in buying older stories I care about or buying the comics featuring first appearances of characters I care about...or my kids care about. Just recently got the first Miles Morales Spider-Man appearance (my son is a HUGE fan). REALLY want to get a good copy of ASM#33...but I don't quite have the scratch for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"