Comic Book Dream Project That'll Never Happen?

The Hero

Superhero
Reaction score
Inspired by the thread in misc. movies. Basically, if you had omnipotent God powers and chose to waste them creating your dream comic, what would they be?

First, my nerdy idea:

Project: A Vertigo-published Joker series

Writer: Grant Morrison

Artist: A different one each arc.

The Pitch: After another plan fails miserably, The Joker believes he's stuck in a rut: his ideas are getting less original, he's being beaten far too easily, and torturing Batman just doesn't have the same thrill it used to. After some soul-searching he realizes just the thing to recharge his batteries: A road trip. So he and Harley assemble a band of like-minded psychos, who hero-worship Joker, and set out to kill their way from one end of the country to the other. Think of the usual "journey to find the heart of America" story, but with murder, philosophical examination of insanity, and kinky sex. While Joker would be the focus, his fellow lunatics would get their fair share of development (This is where Morrison would really shine). And, just to ratchet up the nerdiness to full capacity, there would be an issue where Joker meets Delirium. And tries to nail her.

Honorable mentions: Neil Gaiman's Doctor Strange; A Jack Kirby Hellboy story; A Joss Whedon run on Spider Man

Gaiman's Dr. Strange for sure.

Rucka on a SHIELD Book.

Now, that would kick all kinds of ass. Kind of like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but on even more drugs. My turn:

The Project: Nickelodeon comics

Writers: Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Mark Millar, Warren Ellis, Brian Micheal Bendis, and Peter David.

Artists: Micheal Avon Oeming, Mike Mignola, Frank Quietly, Adam Kubert, John Cassidy, Mark Bagley, and Todd Nauk.

The Pitch: It's really quite simple. Comic books based on some of Nick's more popular cartoons as done by some of the greats in modern graphic storytelling. There would be seven books, each based on a different nick toon and all sharing a somewhat loose continuity with one another (allowing cross overs at the creative team's will). The books would be:

Fairly Odd Parents

Writer: Neil Gaiman

Artist: Micheal Avon Oeming

Danny Phantom

Writer: Alan Moore

Artist: Mike Mignola

Spongebob Squarepants

Writer: Grant Morrison

Artist: Frank Quietly

The Wild Thornberrys

Writer: Mark Millar

Artist: Adam Kubert

The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron

Writer: Warren Ellis

Artist: John Cassidy

All Grown Up

Writer: Brian Micheal Bendis

Artist: Mark Bagley

My Life as a Teenage Robot

Writer: Peter David

Artist: Todd Nauk

Brilliant. Especially Morrison on Spongebob.

Isn't there an online comic like that, but with Cartoon Network characters?

I would KILL to see Mike Mignola do a Superman story from Bizarro's point of view.

Millar and Hitch on All Star Squadron.

Ed McGuiness and Dan Slott on The Champions.

I would KILL to see Mike Mignola do a Superman story from Bizarro's point of view.

Ooh, nice. :up:

The Spirit/Doc Savage/The Shadow/The Phantom: Kickin' Ass Old School by Frank Miller and Darwyn Cooke. Oh yeah, you heard me. :o

Honorable mentions: Neil Gaiman's Doctor Strange

I can't believe I've never even thought about this. Jeez what a glorious thing it would be. If only.

And whoever said it, I forget what thread, but Cooke on a Green Lantern book would be ace. I've never been that interested in Hal, although Scott owns, but since reading New Frontier, Cooke made him work.

Basically Cooke on every book would by me dream. Bruce Timm/Darwin Cooke FTW!

A Vertigo Batman book. Not like the Joker one above, an actual Batman book. Because all of Batman's villains are pretty fooked up. Let's face it, we need to see Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow, etc performing truly twisted murders. Don't amp Batman up too much either, he's gotta be a moral compass, to make the villains look that much more frightening.

I would've said Buffy season 8, but IT'S HAPPENING THANK YOU GOD:yay::yay:

I would Like Galactus to be put in the Star Wars Universe during the Rebellion......he could enter right after the Battle of Yavin....an just leave him there.

Get all kinds of new Star Wars tales with Galactus in thier universe

Morrison and Pascual Ferry on Adam Strange
Morrison and Quitely on Green Lantern
Millar and Hitch on Superman
Warren Ellis and JH Williams on Vertigo Batman
Alan Moore and Joe Kubert New Gods
PAD Hitch Hulk
Dan Slott and Darwyn Cooke on Amazing Spider-man
Joss Whedon and Ivan Reis on Justice League
Rucka and Neal Adams on Catman
Brian Wood and Jock on Green Arrow
Neil Gaiman and JH Williams on Doctor Strange
BKV and on Maleev Green Lantern

I don't know, I'm just spitballing, there's so many interesting combinations out there that at the very least comics have the possibility to stay exciting.

Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham on the Justice League.

Come on. You know it's perfect. Just look, for a moment, at Gaimain's body of work. While his writing style is draws from several different sources, the influence Stan Lee and Jack Kirdby had on him is quite noticeble. His concepts and characters are very much in the vein of the old Lee/Kirby sci-fi/fantasy stuff. And Kirby's influence on Mark Buckingham is evident from the moment you pick up an issue of Fables. What's my point? Simple: Gaiman and Buckingham on the Lustice League would probably be like the best of the silver age Avengers and Fantastic Four on crack. And that certainly sounds apealing to me.

I'd like to see a throwback to old horror comics where there was a new story every month. Like Vault of Horror or something.

Oh, Watchman's post reminded me of CTOAN's thread about dream teams. I want Morrison/Quitely on The Incredible Hulk. It would be amazing, and Hulk hasn't had any really superb runs. The best Hulk story is probably The End, so, that needs to be fixed. Morrison please do this before you die:csad:

Project: Superman's Pal: Jimmy Olsen

Writer: Simon Pegg

Artist: Todd Nauck

The Pitch: Unable to live up to the success of his one pulitzer prize winning photo, the young photojournalist struggles to keep his career afloat. Not wanting to become a has been before he even turns 30, he starts throwing himself onto any assignment he can find that might be something big, leading him all over the globe and getting him into some very unique and often dangerous situations. This would lead to stories ranging from serious crime stories to trippy fantasy to bizzar cyberpunk sci-fi. All the while, he's dealing with the issues in his personal and social lives, including but not restricted to his now married ex-girlfriend, his idiot roommate, and the fact that he hasn't danced the horizontal tango in over a year.

Alan Moore on "Silver Surfer".

A sort of Crossover themed event,

Project: Marvel's Crisis on Infinite Earths

Writer: Marv Wolfman

Artist: George Perez

Project: DC's Secret Wars

Writer: Jim Shooter

Artist: Mike Zeck

The Pitch: The two companies work together to create a company crossing comic event that ressurrects two old stories and sees what would have happened if they had taken place at the other company. Marvel shows what Crisis on Infinite Earths might have been like in the Marvel Universe while DC shows what Secret Wars might have been like at DC, with slight tweaks to the stories. (my idea for Marvel to do Crisis, somone else from Deviantart's idea for DC to do Secret War. That way each company does a story made famous by the other)
I haven't read Secret War, plus its not my idea, but for Marvel's Crisis it revolves around the Beyonder who has been travelling from one alternate universe to another and "Editing" that reality until he gets so frustraited that he wipes it out. The story also involves the Watcher, Galactus, the Exiles, Thanos, the Silver Surfer, the Red Skull, Spider-Man, Cyclops, Captain America, 2099 characters, New Universe characters, many alternate reality characters, any and every dead super character, and literally 1000s of Marvel characters from all over the alternate realities.
Can the Watcher and every Marvel super character stop the Beyonder before he wipes out reality?

Still thinking about what DC's Secret War might be like, but from the person's drawings it had something to do with Lex Luther and many DC heroes.

A Godzilla/Hulk crossover. (It pissed me off that Marvel didn't do this when they had Godzilla.) My first choice on creators would be an Alan Moore script with Stephen Bissette artwork.

well like i said on the other thread before you jumped on my back and tried to slit my throat. Mike Mignola doing TMNT

well like i said on the other thread before you jumped on my back and tried to slit my throat. Mike Mignola doing TMNT

I apologize for that, but I had to make an example of you. Now you all know what happens when you fail to use search before posting a thread. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"