• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comic Sources

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
Hey, with so many superhero movies i decided to make this thread about the comic book sources they used for some of their films.

X-Men 2 for example used God Loves Man Kill as its main source

08+X-Men+2+-+ibaldomarcel.blogspot.com.jpg

Xmen_God_loves,_man_kills.jpg

X-Men 3 used the cure story arc from Whedon's run and the Dark Phoenix storyline. Daredevil adapted Frank Miller's run, The Dark Knight took aspects from Batman #1, The Long Halloween, The Dark Knight Returns, and the Man who Laughs.

What stories do you think that movies like X-Men, Spider-Man and Green Lantern take more?

Spider Man 1 had Green Goblin dropping Mary Jane off the bridge like he drops Gwen Stacy off to her death

Hey, At the end of the movie, we see that the cure eventually wears off, but doesn't this mean that Rogue and Mystique's powers will return, and that she would join Magneto again, and Rogue stays as an X-Men? And what exactly happened to Cyclops?

Well Iron Man had Tales of Suspense #39 and bits of Iron Man #200 where IM battles Iron Monger.

Thor

- The small town Earth setting is obviously drawn from JMS's excellent yet brief run on Thor.
- Thor, Loki, and Sif being allies in adventure reminds me of the Son of Asgard mini, in which they stormed into a Giant's lair (though in that mini, I believe they fought Storm Giants.
- The general consensus that Thor is a loon comes from Ultimates.
- Loki showing up to visit Thor in custody comes from Ultimates 2.

Loki's invasion is culled from Ultimates 2: Grand Theft America. In addition, his manipulation of the Hulk is from the first Avengers comic.

Spider-Man 2 is based on ASM #50, Spider-Man No More!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"