• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Cops Shoot Unarmed Black Man Laying On The Ground

LoganGambit87

Sidekick
Reaction score
Unarmed South Florida man with hands up shot by police while calming autistic patient
miami21n-4-web.jpg

An unarmed Miami-area man trying to calm his autistic patient was shot in the leg by police even though he had his hands up, he said Wednesday.

Police in North Miami, Fla., told WSVN-TV officers responded Monday to a 911 call reporting a man with a gun threatening to commit suicide. Yet Charles Kinsey, a behavioral therapist, told the TV station the witness and later the police may have mistook the autistic man’s toy truck for a gun.

The patient had run away from a group home in the Miami suburb. Cellphone video showed Kinsey lying on the ground and trying to calm the patient even as officers pointed their guns at them.“I’m going to the ground, just like this with my hands up. And I’m laying down here just like this. And I’m telling him again, 'Sir, there’s no need for firearms. I’m unarmed, this is an autistic guy. He has a toy truck in his hand,’” Kinsey told WSVN.

“When he shot me, it was so surprising. It was like a mosquito bite. And when he hit me, I’m like, I still got my hands in the air. I said, ‘You know, I just got shot.’ And I’m saying to them, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ And his words to me, he said, ‘I don’t know.’”

Yet the officer handcuffed him momentarily and flipped him over on the concrete at NE 127th St. and NE 14th Ave., Kinsey said. He was later taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...man-hands-shot-police-video-article-1.2719331

America... Some of ya'll go on and on about government overreach... But those that do never say much about these instances... Any guesses as to why? Honest question. Why aren't cases like this championed by the limited government set?

This country is a goddamn joke.

America, go home. You're ****ing drunk.

:facepalm:

Same ****, different day.

Least he lived this time....

Damn I hate that that's the best I can say about this....

Is this the police brutality forum now?

All 300+ million of you need serious therapy.

All 300+ million of you need serious therapy.

#AllCountriesNeedTherapy

Also, he stole a candy bar back in '79 so clearly he deserved to be shot.

And lastly...what about black on black crime?

Now certain cops are literally shooting the opposite of dangerous criminals.

You'd think the morale among cops would be to act less enthusiastic about getting on national news and being exposed. Instead it's just, "Nope, let's just go ahead and be seen by millions during a time when this is totally expected by everyone and it's the hottest button issue currently."

Probably because they know there isn't going to be any change, if any, right now.

Can police culture change?

I mean, you can't expect people who face murderers, rapist and robbers every day to become tree hugging hippies. But is it possible to make it more taboo for cops to racially profile or be trigger happy?

How do you mistake a toy truck for a gun?

edit: the Hype is 300 million strong? Woah.

Same ****, different day.

Yep and that it's becoming an almost everyday occurances show how JACKED UP things are!

I got a friend who is always "there needs to be more cops " to me.
I am like NO! There needs to be more psyche evals done!!

How do you mistake a toy truck for a gun?

edit: the Hype is 300 million strong? Woah.

The person who called 9-1-1 said someone had a gun.

Apparently it was an autistic person with a toy truck.

The black guy was tried to help the autistic person and the police shot him despite him laying on the ground with his hands extended over his head.

If anything, the autistic guy should have been the person that should have concerned the cops, seeing as how he had something in his hand.

I wonder how the 'It wasn't because he was black' crowd are going to justify this one..?

The cops shot the unarmed guy with his arms in the air while the guy with they toy truck that they thought was a gun didn't get shot.

These cops messed up this situation in so many ways.

If anything, the autistic guy should have been the person that should have concerned the cops, seeing as how he had something in his hand.

I wonder how the 'It wasn't because he was black' crowd are going to justify this one..?

I already told you...black on black crime, dude. Black on black crime. If it wasn't for black on black crime they wouldn't have shot him. Plus he jaywalked in the summer of '82. His past crimes justify this.

But to be serious, I read one guy saying he didn't get on his stomach like the cops told him to. Even though you can hear that it is the GUY WHO GOT SHOT telling the autistic dude to lay on his stomach :whatever: (granted this was in youtube comments a/k/a troll central).

Others are saying "wait for the whole video" :dry: Like somewhere between laying on the ground with his hands up and trying to explain to the cops what is going on the dude said "f*** it" and magically pulled a gun out of his ass and started busting at the cops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"