• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Coriolanus

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
The citizens of Rome are hungry. Coriolanus(Fiennes), the hero of Rome, a great soldier and a man of inflexible self-belief despises the people. His extreme views ignite a mass riot. Rome is bloody. Manipulated and out-maneuvered by politicians and even his own mother Volumnia, Coriolanus is banished from Rome. He offers his life or his services to his sworn enemy Tullus Aufidius(Butler). Coriolanus and Aufidius march on Rome intending to destroy the city.

this is directed by Ralph Fiennes

coriolanus-image-Ralph-Fiennes-2.jpg

coriolanus-image-Ralph-Fiennes-1.jpg

coriolanus-image-Gerard-Butler-2-600x426.jpg

coriolanus-image-Gerard-Butler-1-399x600.jpg

Coriolanus-Ralph-Fiennes-directing-Gerard-Butler-1-6-10-kc.jpg

Last edited:
Been waiting for this for a long time (before Fiennes project in fact) and he seems to have really taken on the material well. I'm really happy that he went modern with this, doesn't work with all of the Bard's work, but translates very well here. Performances are going to be the key, and he's got a hell of a cast lined up, definitely excited about this.

For a Shakespeare adaption, this trailer was probably the most badass thing I ever seen. Loving the whole cast aswell.

Anybody know where else I can watch the trailer. Its been taken down before I got the chance.

Coriolanus is one of my favourite B-list Shakespeare plays, so I'll be interested to see what Fiennes does with it.

Speaking of Ralph, has he ever played a character who wasn't evil or morally ambiguous?

Coriolanus is one of my favourite B-list Shakespeare plays, so I'll be interested to see what Fiennes does with it.

Speaking of Ralph, has he ever played a character who wasn't evil or morally ambiguous?

I think his character in The Constant Gardener was morally good, but it's been a loooong time since I've seen that film.

I think his character in The Constant Gardener was morally good, but it's been a loooong time since I've seen that film.
he deserved best actor for that and he wasn't even nominated

This movie looks insanely good. :wow:
I've been a huge Shakespeare fan for years, and I studied his plays quite extensively in college. Hamlet, King Lear, and Othello are some of my favorite things ever written, but I'm glad that Fiennes has the cajones to adapt material that isn't as mainstream or familiar to most people. Coriolanus doesn't seem like the Shakespeare movie that everyone's really eager to make, so kudos to Ralph!

[YT]bsYrGIQnmxo[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYrGIQnmxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"