Damien Chazelle’s Babylon

James.B

In search of the absurd
Reaction score
Damien Chazelle Targets Emma Stone for 1920s Hollywood Tale 'Babylon'

Damien Chazelle, who wrote and directed the 2016 musical La La Land, is again tackling an L.A. story, which is this time set in the 1920s.

Chazelle wrote the script and is attached to direct Babylon, which is intended to be his next film, and is making the rounds to studios and streaming companies. The project is generated immediate interest from Lionsgate, Paramount and Netflix, among others, when it hit the town over a month ago but coming to any deal has been slow going. Those in the know have described the Babylon script as being a whopping 180 pages long and the project as having a budget in the $80 million to $100 million range.

Marc Platt, who produced La La Land, is one of the producers on Babylon as is Olivia Hamilton.

Details surrounding Babylon are scarce but the story is said to be set during Hollywood’s and the movie industry’s transition from silent films to talkies. The rise and fall of fictional and historical characters figure into the proceedings.

One of the characters featured is Clara Bow, the early sex symbol and box-office star, who was Hollywood’s first “it girl.” Chazelle's La La Land star Emma Stone has been loosely attached to portray the character but no formal deal has been made for her involvement at this stage.

I hope Gosling is back too

Oh my God, the Oscars are gonna absolutely cream over this. Now this cannot lose Best Picture.

Now this cannot lose Best Picture.

eD3P5VW.jpg

Sounds wild.

Chazelle and Fincher both gunning for golden age-era films simultaneously?

Is that legal?

Can we survive this?

Chazelle is one of our best young filmmakers and I'm there day one no questions asked.

Brad confirms that this is his next film (@2:20ish)

Wow, Tobey coming back?

Glad to see Tobey back. It's been quite a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"