Sequels Dammit, Janet! - The Janet VanDyne Thread reloaded

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Well, I made the original thread way back, when we all thought the first movie would be about Hank and Jan.
Now, that we know better and with high chances Jan will show up in the sequel, it is time to get things started:
Who should play Hope's mother and how will she get out of the Microverse?

If they want to go with someone closer to Douglas' age, I like Diane Keaton.

If they have some hand-wavey explanation for her not aging at the same rate in the quantum realm, then I don't know. I suspect there'll be a few CZJ suggestions, though.

I'd rather see an older Janet. Jane Seymour is my first choice, followed by Mary Steenburgen and Sigourney Weaver.

No way do I want Diane Keaton as Wasp, nor Jane Seymour, Mary Steenburgen or Signourney Weaver.

I'd be fine with Zeta Jones in the role.

I think Michael Douglas' wife, Catherine Zata Jones, would be a great Janet. They can explain that in the Microverse, the time & space slowed down her age so she remains fairly young.

Give her a haircut like this again:

18680.jpg

and use Sheherazade as a reference for the flashback scenes
67fb31d64c9a35d6a006d444bd4994e9.jpg

Or the Darling Buds of May, or 42nd Street where she had the same Velma Kelly hair:

25857785_6877994.jpg

a67e06e08bb2f38955e89412d744c373.jpg

Whether there's any footage of that is another matter.

I think Geena Davis, Diane Keaton or Mary Steenburgen would make good Janets

I think Geena Davis, Diane Keaton or Mary Steenburgen would make good Janets

Geena Davis would tower over Michael Douglas and everyone else. Janet needs to be more petite. More of a pocket rocket, not an Amazon. Even camera tricks can't hide the fact that she's got too big of a frame and would seem far too dominant even in personality.

Last edited:
I didn't know Geena Davis was particularly tall.

She's 6ft. When she starred in Commander in Chief, that was an extremely tall cast for a TV series, with many others standing over 6ft tall (Donald Sutherland, Kyle Secor, Harry Lennix etc).

I really want Helen Mirren and Susan Sarandon join the MCU. Not necessarily as the Wasp but in substantial roles. I wonder if we see further 80s flashbacks in A-M&TW to introduce us to other super heroes of that generation

Helen Mirren could join Dr Strange as Agatha Harkness. Although she's usually more associated with Fantastic Four, where else are they going to put her, since she's a sorceress?

I love Jane Seymour. I admit I have a thing for her so I could take her, but I do think CZJ would be cool too and I feel it could be cool to see her and MD working together on this.

I don't know what other role Zeta Jones could get in a CBM now that is still a superhero role. This would probably be the only part.

She could play Selene, Morgana Le fey, Abigail brand, tons of roles left!

By Michelle is so cool. I’m dying to see more of her. I wonder what her new powers are and what she’s been doing for 30 years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"