Dan Radcliffe to play Igor in Frankenstein!

Those two actors have me sold this looks fun but I was hoping for a more penny dreadful vibe, oh well Radcliffe alone earns my money.

Maybe I'm just a purist but the tone of this for the characters involved just seems out of whack.

Maybe I'm just a purist but the tone of this for the characters involved just seems out of whack.

The tone was definitely off in the US trailer. The UK one seemed much better.

Why is this set in London? And why does it appear to be in late Victorian times? Late Victorian London is rather played out.

I agree with those that the trailer was reminiscent of Sherlock Holmes. I ended up loving that movie so I hope the same will be true for Frankenstein.

That tone works for Sherlock Holmes because they are detectives and fighting bad guys who want to kill innocent people.

In this movie...they are mad scientists who want to raise the dead and are experimenting on like used body parts and mutilate dead bodies.

Last edited:
I like the actors, and it seems entertaining enough. I'll probably be seeing it in theaters, short of F4 level reviews.

For some random reason I just remembered about this. I looked it up and it's supposed to come out in like 15 days right?

Only 1 trailer (well 1 US and 1 UK trailer released at the same time) which imo didnt make the movie look that appealing. Have there been any TV spots or anything else? Guess the studio isnt banking on this at all.

I've seen one tv spot being played over again. It seems not even the studio cares about it. I can kind of see why.

Yeah the US trailer did not sell this movie well at all. The UK one was decent though

This is going to be buried by Mockingjay Part 2, The Good Dinosaur, and probably Creed too. McAvoy and Radcliffe deserve better than this.

Just saw a commercial for this and was like, "****, is this coming out tomorrow?!" Creed and Good Dinosaur already got the holiday locked.

I'm still going to check it out. McAvoy looks like he is having so much fun.

I wouldn't go that far.

I think people just have a visceral dislike for him but I think he's talented. Though so far, his written work hasn't been that great besides Chronicle. American Ultra was fine but it felt like anyone could've written that.

I liked Chronicle. I havent seen American Ultra and I know I should see a movie before judging it, but Christ it looks so lame to me.

Landis I do think is very pretentious and doesnt have the filmography to back up the way he talks.

I'd love for him to do another good movie, but he's slacking

Why wasn't this released in October where it would make more sense?

I wouldn't go that far.

I think people just have a visceral dislike for him but I think he's talented. Though so far, his written work hasn't been that great besides Chronicle. American Ultra was fine but it felt like anyone could've written that.

I had friends like him in high school. So I don't think he's trying to be 100% malicious. I like the guy... but he brings a lot of the hate on to him.

Runs his mouth too much. If there is one thing you don't do in this business (especially if you are in it), its talk about how the sausage is made. He just posted his draft of Frankenstein, obviously as a means to distance himself from the final film. That is... mind-bogglingly unprofessional.

Crap like that is why studios haven't jumped the gun and greenlit all the scripts/pitches he's sold. Outside of Chronicle, none of his stuff that has been made is good. And I've seen Me, Him, Her. It's... not good (though to be fair it shows he has potential).

Not this movie. Tis going to bomb.

Victor Frankenstein's set to gross less than $3 million this weekend.

Well I don't like Max Landis smug attitude and I'm a ***** and can be smug so you know he steps over a line if I don't care for him. I'm not saying that I think that he is an imaginary enemy of mine or something or that I personally hate him because I don't know him but I don't like his public persona. Only Chronicle has been well reviewed and was a hit and the dude acts like he is Aaron Sorkin or something off the back of that one ****ing movie. Newsflash, he's not ****ing Aaron Sorkin.

I cannot wait until his 15 minutes of geek fame are over.

BTW, Victor Frankenstein looks like garbage, I'm sorry but it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"