Dan Stevens Joining Natalie Portman in Noah Hawley's 'Lucy in the Sky’

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Dan Stevens Joining Natalie Portman in Noah Hawley's 'Pale Blue Dot'

Hawley is set to direct the Fox Searchlight drama, about a married astronaut who begins an affair when returning to Earth.

Dan Stevens will reteam with his Legion creator-showrunner Noah Hawley for Fox Searchlight's drama Pale Blue Dot.

The Beauty and the Beast star will join Natalie Portman, Jon Hamm and Zazie Beetz in the astronaut star that Hawley is set to direct.

Pale Blue Dot centers on a married astronaut (Portman) who returns to Earth after a mission and begins an affair with a fellow astronaut. She heads into a downward spiral as she loses her connection to her family — a condition that can afflict those who spend a long time in space — and when her lover begins another affair with an astronaut trainee, the bottom drops out.

Hamm is playing the fellow astronaut while Beetz is the other point in the love triangle, the trainee.

Wait, his bottom drops out? That sounds horrible! Is that a thing that happens in space with the suction? I don’t want to watch that!

I'm here for Dan Stevens and Noah Hawley.

First ‘Pale Blue Dot’ Image Has Natalie Portman Suited Up for Outer Space
Fox Searchlight has released the first image from the sci-fi film Pale Blue Dot, the feature directing debut of TV’s resident mind-bender Noah Hawley. The photo shows off Natalie Portman—who replaced Reese Witherspoon in the project back in January—in character as Lucy Cola, suited up in a NASA uniform.

Not a ton of info is out there about the film just yet, other than A) it revolves around a love triangle between an astronaut freshly returned from outer space and losing her grip on reality, her husband, and a colleague, and B) the cast is absolutely capital-letter Stacked. Besides Portman, Jon Hamm is onboard as the fellow astronaut who begins the affair, Zazie Beetz—having one hell of a year—will play a trainee who gets involved with this hot space mess, and Legion star Dan Stevens will re-team with Hawley to play Portman’s husband.

37608793_10156712897351617_588649985453588480_n.jpg

Wait, is this loosely based on that crazy astronaut who drove 5,000 miles in a diaper to go try and murder her astronaut boyfriend's wife?

I read the script awhile back and was surprised when it wasn't a scifi flick. Portman's character wears a diaper. lol I'm serious.

She looks like Allison Brie’s character from Glow.

Oh man, can't wait to see what Noah does with this. :funny:

Lucy Cola... lol this sounds like One of those “loosely based on a true story” comedies like To Die For.

That is a lot of names I am interested in.

Does this have anything to do with Carl Sagan?

I'm assuming Dan Stevens is still attached.

Pale Blue Dot was a better title IMO. Still looking forward to the movie though.

This looks outstanding... a little Malick and a little Kaufman.

Hawley never disappoints.

That wig on Portman and that stache on Stevens are so, so bad, but I'm looking forward to this.

Looks great. It's gonna be a trip seeing Hawley's visual style on the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"