• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Danny Boyle's Sunshine - beautiful indie sci fi!

buddha182

Resident Buddha
Reaction score
Directed by Danny Boyle (of Trainspotting and 28 Days Later fame), starring Cillian Murphy, Rose Byrne, Cliff Curtis, Chris Evans, Troy Garity, Hiroyuki Sanada, Benedict Wong, Michelle Yeoh.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448134/ | http://www.sunshinedna.com

I searched and there were no other articles on this, am I missing one...? Just saw this movie this morning and holy CRAP was it amazing!! I don't know how the heck Fox is letting this slip through without being noticed as big time sci fi epic?!

The film looked beautiful, probably the most beautiful looking film of the year (last year that was The Fountain). The visual FX were better than even Live Free or Die Hard's... And the character development and story were amazing. It was intense and thrilling and still very enthralling and dramatic. I really loved everything about this and definitely encourage you all see it! Sci fi fans will LOVE this - Danny Boyle is an incredible filmmaker.

It's out in some theaters now, but comes out wide release this Friday, July 27th. Anyone else seen it yet?

sunshine.jpg

I saw it when it was released in the UK back in April.

It's Event Horizon - but good. :up:

best quote ever. i liked the idea and concept of Event Horizon, but the story and the acting was bleh for my taste. Hearing that this movie is good is great news.

Definetly one of the best I've seen this year, and I've seen just about everything.

can't wait for this, but its not coming into my market this week, hopefully it will pick up the numbers in another week....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"