Danny Elfman vs. Chris Young

On the whole. I thought that anything that I didn't recognise as Elfman, sucked.

Except the scene where Sandman reforms for the first time. That was beautiful.

But I absolutely hated music when Spidey is revealed upside down in the Symbiote costume for the first time. All those trumpet sounds... arghh!!

Also, i've seen the movie twice now, and both time the opening credits caught me out. It's like towards the end, after the symbiote theme, it returns to the Elfman main title Spidey theme and it builds up and up.... and.... then we're in the movie. The film's started. There was no climax to the original Elfman theme. What's with that!?

I felt the same way, it just abruptly stopped. No blend in, no gradual volume change, just wham! We're in the movie.

Did anyone notice that there were a few notes in the Sandman theme that they played throughout the movie that sounded EXACTLY like the Hook-Napped track on the Hook soundtrack when Hook has kidnapped Pan's kids? And no, I'm NOT bashing Young's work or saying he ripped off John Williams, just pointing out the similarities.

I have to admit that I do like the Harry vs Peter theme, and the symbiote theme during the credits. And I bet another reason we didn't get a final swing is because Raimi probably didn't like what young had to offer for it. Then again one may not have even been planned...i would love to have an open q and a with raimi about sm3.

i said in the gr forum that if his music in s-m3 was as good as the ghost rideer spidey was in good hands hasving seen the film i can confiem that 100%:ninja:

Thats because Chris Young is a horror film music composer. Ghost Rider has horror elements to it so he did a good job with that. Spider-Man 3 is not a horror movie. Its just a family friendly action-adventure-fantasy-sci fi film.

I absolutely love his Sandman theme... especially during the birth of Sandman, which I think was the first Sandman scene he scored and got the theme from. That theme just really helps build that scene up and make it truly moving scene... don't be surprised to find that on an AFI list some year.

I don't know who did the music during the second Peter/Harry fight but I totally dug it. It kind of had a cool jazziness/swing music element to it which I liked.

Was that scored by Elfman or Young?

And who did the Venom or evil black symbiote theme?

I don't know who did the music during the second Peter/Harry fight but I totally dug it. It kind of had a cool jazziness/swing music element to it which I liked.

I think was both of them .

for The Symbiote theme & Sandman theme it was Young .

Well I say that Young did a good job with both themes.

But honestly? I wouldn't mind if somewhere down the line they did a re-edit on the score for movies 1 and 2. I don't care by who, but getting some souped up or new cues would be nice. Even if they re-use the original cues, recompose them at least and I dunno add on to them.

The Symbiote theme was so cool (I look forward to adding it to my 360 & Ipod ) When The score Soundtrack is released .

theres no comparison, elfman wins by a landslide. young's music was barely there and when it showed up it was HORRIBLE. the intro was overdone with the symbiote and sand theme, its a spiderman movie and they had use the black goo to "awe" us but chris' score didnt work... it took me out of the intro, it wasnt until the symbiote song ended that i felt like i was back in a spiderman movie.

I loved the harry vs peter theme for the first fight. I also loved the symbiote theme as well as sandmans theme, venoms theme, the music that plays throughout the whole church scene, and the music that plays while sandman tries to form himself for the first time.

John Debney composed some additional music for this film. He also did the same in Spidey 2. Remember the scene where Peter is driving his scooter through traffic trying to deliver the Pizza on time? That was scored by Debney. When Peter dresses up as Spidey it cuts to an Elfman cue.

Going back to the 2nd Peter/Harry fight I have a feeling Debney composed that!

Young.

Speaking of Debney, I'm definitly very curious as to what he composed!

chris young's gone deaf right?

his doc ock theme was pretty good, as well as his music from sandmans reformation but his symbiote spidey tunes suck ass....

Anyway someone can get a direct download link of that Peter vs. Harry track? I like it more than I thought.

The Harry attacks Peter track is pretty good. I'll admit. Overall, however, Elfman did better.

Yeah...you're right! There was no Peter Parker theme in Spidey 3! WTF?! He played the Spidey theme alot but no Petey them...that f--ker! :cmad:

Actually, he did use it ONCE. When he pulls out the red and blue suit from the suitcase. That scene gave me chills it was so amazing. Maybe because I was waiting for it somewhere in the movie, but when it happened, it was amazing.

I really liked the symbiote theme. I thought the scene where he sees himself with the suit on for the first time was better with the music than silence like from the trailers.

I always did prefer Danny Elfman's work

Elfman easily.

The only themes Young had that were good in this one's score were the Sandman reforming scene and the symbiote/Venom theme.

the musicalization of the last movie sucked

i liked the music when Spidey saves Gwen Stacey , the part with the crane

Actually, he did use it ONCE. When he pulls out the red and blue suit from the suitcase. That scene gave me chills it was so amazing. Maybe because I was waiting for it somewhere in the movie, but when it happened, it was amazing.

I really liked the symbiote theme. I thought the scene where he sees himself with the suit on for the first time was better with the music than silence like from the trailers.
I'm pretty sure it was also used during the Harry Funeral scene. Althought I could be mxing themes up.

The Symbiote theme was so cool (I look forward to adding it to my 360 & Ipod ) When The score Soundtrack is released .

It was pretty awesome :woot:

I have a feeling I will be flagged for saying this, but I thought that Young's theme for symbiote spidey felt more like Batman's theme than the theme that Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard used for Batman Begins (lol maybe because it used a lot of cues and such from Elfman's batman theme :oldrazz: ). It was dark, with some heroism on the side, and that's what Batman's theme should be like. It also suited Symbiote Spidey well, but one little nit pick is that it was a bit too heroic sounding with the trumpets, but gosh it was great, not as masterful as Elfman's work, but it did what it had to do pretty well.

just my two cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"