• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

"Daredevil" film recently broadcast on BBC1(UKTV)

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
Last Saturday I watched the "Daredevil" film(mainly out of idle curiousity than anything else) broadcast on BBC1 and to put it mildly I was disturbed.
From the relatively minor inaccuracies( such as casting African American Michael Clarke Duncan of "The Green Mile "fame as the Kingpin- when every Marvelite KNOWS that he's white) to depicting "Horn-Head" as a "hero"( I use the word advisedly at times) who in his homicidal vengefulness is surely closer to Wolverine or the Punisher( he throws an acquitted rapist on to train tracks in the course of a fight and leaves him to die, and hurls Bullseye(played by Colin Farrell) out of a church window, presumably unconcerned that he might be falling to his death- alll right he doesn't die- and Daredevil refrains from killing the Kingpin at the climax of their battle, but what does that say. I thought Daredevil was about JUSTICE(given his role as attorney Matt Murdock) not about blind vengeance and rage(no pun intended!)-c'mon Marvel you can surely do better than that!!!

Terry

assfleck ruins everything

why do you think his career is in the toilet

I actually saw DD for the second time in England. They zoomed in on Garner so you couldn't see the sai stuck thru her hand. Yeah, Affleck sucks. Hope marvel gets it back and does a remake with Guy Pearce.

Afflesk wasnt the problem, Fox and the POS director were.

Actually, besides the killing the rapist bit, everything else was pretty accurate. Matt Murdock's portrayal as well as Daredevil's portrayal. Duncan was a great Kingpin, IMO.

I can't wait for the sequel.

Avi Arad has said more than once, that the "Daredevil" squel will not be happening until the film rights revert back to Marvel from Fox. So, it looks like we may have a couple more years to wait. My "inner fanboy" hopes that Affleck will still do it by that point, but my instinct tells me they'd probably opt for a new cast, or a complete reboot (I hope not!).

Last Saturday I watched the "Daredevil" film(mainly out of idle curiousity than anything else) broadcast on BBC1 and to put it mildly I was disturbed.
From the relatively minor inaccuracies( such as casting African American Michael Clarke Duncan of "The Green Mile "fame as the Kingpin- when every Marvelite KNOWS that he's white) to depicting "Horn-Head" as a "hero"( I use the word advisedly at times) who in his homicidal vengefulness is surely closer to Wolverine or the Punisher( he throws an acquitted rapist on to train tracks in the course of a fight and leaves him to die, and hurls Bullseye(played by Colin Farrell) out of a church window, presumably unconcerned that he might be falling to his death- alll right he doesn't die- and Daredevil refrains from killing the Kingpin at the climax of their battle, but what does that say. I thought Daredevil was about JUSTICE(given his role as attorney Matt Murdock) not about blind vengeance and rage(no pun intended!)-c'mon Marvel you can surely do better than that!!!

Terry

Yeah, but Matt dropped Bullseye to his death in the comics as well.

Terry
Michael Clarke Duncan did the role justice, and him being black in no way took away from the character.

And DD killing the rapist: character development. He realizes, through Elektra, that he was wrong in his methods. "I set out to save the city, but with Elektra's help, I saved myself." and "I'm not the bad guy".

I actually didnt mind Daredevil. Affleck wouldnt have been my first choice but he played it well.

Couldnt stand Elektra the movie though

Michael Clarke Duncan did the role justice, and him being black in no way took away from the character.

And DD killing the rapist: character development. He realizes, through Elektra, that he was wrong in his methods. "I set out to save the city, but with Elektra's help, I saved myself." and "I'm not the bad guy".

WORD.

Still a ****ty movie, though.

Watch the Director's Cut. It shines as one of Marvels best films.

Avi Arad has said more than once, that the "Daredevil" squel will not be happening until the film rights revert back to Marvel from Fox. So, it looks like we may have a couple more years to wait. My "inner fanboy" hopes that Affleck will still do it by that point, but my instinct tells me they'd probably opt for a new cast, or a complete reboot (I hope not!).

It can't be that long. I thought it was like 3 years between pics. When did Elektra come out? The deadline has to be any time now.

My "inner fanboy" hopes that Affleck will still do it by that point, but my instinct tells me they'd probably opt for a new cast, or a complete reboot (I hope not!).

He won't do it. Affleck said the movie was an embarrassment for him and he's refused to do any sequel.

watch the directors cut, it's incredible and fixes all the problems you talk about...except black kingpin, which is in no way a problem to begin with.

After seeing ghost rider I wonder why MSJ couldn't at least make a film as good as the DD director's cut...

I was thinking maybe that he got lucky with the DD DC thanks to Affleck, Favreau's, and MCD's love of the original comic and the arguably good look of the film and chemistry between the cast - and above all a lot of the script and shots being literally lifted from Frank Miller's original work.

Ghost Rider shows what happens when MSJ doesn't have that:( (even though Cage loves GR he was too busy being an oddball to make that count) :(

I mostly blame Cage for GR not being as good as it could have been (I still enjoyed it)...the off beat humor seemed out of place and not like MSJ at all...

DD was really good, IMO. Everything the OP is *****in about is either in fact accurate to the comics or not a big deal to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"