Daredevil S1 vs Wandavision S1

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
Time for a good ol' fashioned versus thread. :)

Now, I am not tryna start any conflict here. But I am genuinely curious. Which would you prefer to watch? Netflix's Daredevil Season 1 or the first season of the Disney+ series Wandavision?

Feel free to rank Netflix seasons and other Marvel TV compared to Wandavision below...

Last edited:
1. Daredevil S2 (9.0/10)
2. Daredevil S1 (9.0/10)
3. Daredevil S3 (8.5/10)
4. The Punisher S1 (8.5/10)
5. Jessica Jones S1 (8.5/10)

6. WandaVision S1 (8.0/10)
7. Luke Cage S2 (7.5/10)
8. Luke Cage S1 (7.5/10)
9. The Defenders (7.5/10)
10. Punisher S2 (7.0/10)
11. Iron Fist S2 (7.0/10)
12. Jessica Jones S2 (7.0/10)
13. Iron Fist S1 (6.5/10)

(I haven't seen the other marvel shows all the way through. So I am leaving them out.)

I actually like Daredevil Season 3 the best. That being said, WandaVision's compactness helps it so it's a tough call.

I wanted to specifically do DDs1 as its the first of the netflix shows and started the "netflix series" off with a serious bang of flying colors.

I actually like s2 the best for how seemlessly it tells both matt and franks stories. Such amazing comic book vibes from that season.

I actually like s2 the best for how seemlessly it tells both matt and franks stories. Such amazing comic book vibes from that season.
My complaint with Season 2 is the back half of the season, which felt a little less seamless than the first half.

The internet will always support and prefer dirty street heroes like Batman or Daredevil. Thats being said, its close but I prefered Daredevil a little bit more.

WandaVision. Daredevil s1 is good, really good, but it suffers from much worse pacing issues than WandaVision. They aren't *terrible*, and were certainly better than in a lot of the other Netflix shows, but they were still present. It also was very much a grim tale of grimness, and I will always rank a grim vigilante tale a few points lower than almost anything else, simply because they are both common and easy ( again, relatively speaking ). WandaVision is many things, but a grim tale of an angry vigilante it is not.

And no, before anyone tries to argue, WandaVision did *not* have "pacing issues". "Why is this show spending time on its main dramatic conceit and story arc rather than getting to the action sequence/fanservice cameo/serious non-comedy bizness" is not a pacing issue. Each episode was extremely efficient at spending its scenes delivering either character development beats for the main cast, mystery reveals about the overall situation, or both, with very few scenes *only* dedicated to establishing mood.

WandaVision. Daredevil s1 is good, really good, but it suffers from much worse pacing issues than WandaVision. They aren't *terrible*, and were certainly better than in a lot of the other Netflix shows, but they were still present. It also was very much a grim tale of grimness, and I will always rank a grim vigilante tale a few points lower than almost anything else, simply because they are both common and easy ( again, relatively speaking ). WandaVision is many things, but a grim tale of an angry vigilante it is not.

And no, before anyone tries to argue, WandaVision did *not* have "pacing issues". "Why is this show spending time on its main dramatic conceit and story arc rather than getting to the action sequence/fanservice cameo/serious non-comedy bizness" is not a pacing issue. Each episode was extremely efficient at spending its scenes delivering either character development beats for the main cast, mystery reveals about the overall situation, or both, with very few scenes *only* dedicated to establishing mood.

I mean, if I was to complain about pacing issues in Wandavision it would almost be the reverse. Things were going too quickly. Sparky the fake dog Wanda didnt know anything about had about 3 minutes of screentime before he died and I'm supposed to care?

The internet will always support and prefer dirty street heroes like Batman or Daredevil. Thats being said, its close but I prefered Daredevil a little bit more.

Did you just call Daredevil DIRTY?! hahaa.

I'll always remember binging that first season though. It seriously wowed me. I was like *holy crap* good superhero tv? I couldnt stop watching. I also had an appendectomy so I couldnt do anything else anyway.

My complaint with Season 2 is the back half of the season, which felt a little less seamless than the first half.

I will admit setting frank up to shoot some ninjas in the finale felt like... "ok. i guess that makes sense"

lol. But yeah I love all 3 seasons. Bullseye actor did some serious work in that season 3.

Did you just call Daredevil DIRTY?! hahaa.

I'll always remember binging that first season though. It seriously wowed me. I was like *holy crap* good superhero tv? I couldnt stop watching. I also had an appendectomy so I couldnt do anything else anyway.

Dirty-rough like streetfighting in some lonely streets with rain. I have always that image in my mind with bleeding mouth.

I actually like Daredevil Season 3 the best. That being said, WandaVision's compactness helps it so it's a tough call.
I too think DDS3 is one of the best seasons of a superhero TV show ever in history, and DDS1 is just behind it. WV really isn't in the ballpark IMO, of any season of DD, its closer comparison would be along the line of LCS1.

I'm going to have to go with WandaVision. DD Season 1 was excellent, the pinnacle which the subsequent Netflix Defenders shows were not quite able to top. But I am giving WandaVision bonus points for amazing creativity and being one of the most comic-booky things ever to be made in live action media. Where DD Season 1 was an excellent version of stuff we had already seen before.

Both *very* different shows, but if I had to choose, I’d say Daredevil.
WV is one of the most out of the box and creative pieces of comic book/superhero film/tv ever, though.
While DD and all the Netflix shows dragged at times, it’s still a very strong show, overall.
DD is still the best comic book series, IMO.

I loved the sitcom aspect of WandaVision, especially in the first few episodes, and the MCU was long overdue a breath of fresh air. The plot, however, was very basic and predictable, and the last couple of episodes were extremely underwhelming and felt too silly to me.

Daredevil Season 1, on the other hand, isn't just the golden standard for superhero TV, but one of the greatest things that came out of this genre in general. Second season was a huge step down but it kind of redeemed itself in the last one.

So, very easy choice for me.

DD3>DD1>WV>DD2. Not a fan of punisher, DD2 dragged down by it. Could barely haul my unwilling self to finish punisher S1 (while doing other stuff at the same time) and surrendered after 3 episodes in S2. Sorry I did try, it didn’t click the slightest.
DD on the other hand, was some of the best TV for me. WV was fine, somewhat uneven, felt flat at times when it tried to imitate a bit too hard. Final battle was ho hum but then it was more than compensated by the final final emotional acts.

DD3>DD1>WV>DD2. Not a fan of punisher, DD2 dragged down by it. Could barely haul my unwilling self to finish punisher S1 (while doing other stuff at the same time) and surrendered after 3 episodes in S2. Sorry I did try, it didn’t click the slightest.
DD on the other hand, was some of the best TV for me. WV was fine, somewhat uneven, felt flat at times when it tried to imitate a bit too hard. Final battle was ho hum but then it was more than compensated by the final final emotional acts.

Blows my mind you didnt like Bernthal's take on Punisher, I think DD season 2 and Punisher S1 was amazing. But S2 is garbage.

I LOVED Punisher in DD. Season 1 of his show was pretty great, but definitely a little slow.
I’m currently watching season 2 (the last of the Netflix shows I need to watch) and I just can’t get into it. I love the cast and a lot of the characters, but for some reason I’m just not that into it.

Me, I loved Bernthal as Frank in DD season 2. In his own show, I couldn't make it through season 1. It was just too much of a grimdark slog for me. Well written and well acted, but ultimately too unpleasant and ugly to be any fun.

Me, I loved Bernthal as Frank in DD season 2. In his own show, I couldn't make it through season 1. It was just too much of a grimdark slog for me. Well written and well acted, but ultimately too unpleasant and ugly to be any fun.

Punisher Season 1 was such a snoozefest. I fell asleep several times and it took me months to get through. I never ended up watching season 2. I thought he was great in DD season 2 though.

WandaVision has been one of my favourite things to come out of Marvel.

I think the dark of Punisher/JJ/DD are a welcome contrast to the light fun and quippy of the core MCU. I think their absence will be sorely missed. Until I guess Blade/Moon Knight come around.

Hard for me to compare. I think both were very good at what they did. But gun to the head, and I'd say Daredevil.

WandaVision all the way. I dropped Daredevil at episode 4. It was too boring and too slow for me and kinda dark, not dark as plot, story and scenes but dark as DC dark aka you barely see things, like Batman dark. I literally had to adjust brightness at some part when he fought as Daredevil.
Anyway, main problem is those Netflix shows that I watched are way different than usual MCU that I got into which is comedy, superhero movies that if seriousness calls, they will be series. WV is same as that. Daredevil is basically all the time serious ,slow-burner which is crime drama. Maybe I would have liked Dardevil if I didn't watch MCU movies like 10x so I was expecting Daredevil to be like them but it's not.

I mean if you want you can compare it to movie size. WV is like ZS:JL movie level of duration or ROTK or 2 big movies.
Daredevil S1 is like 4 big movies or like 2 ROTKs or ZS:JLs...
Sorry but I don't wanna watch Daredevil that much. I understand 3: 2 hour and 30 min movies of Daredevil to connect everything not like 200 h...
Honestly I wish Daredevil got 10 episodes miniseries on Disney+ that are like 40 minutes long and to be like MCU movies and then to be put in movies with anyone else.

WandaVision all the way. I dropped Daredevil at episode 4. It was too boring and too slow for me and kinda dark, not dark as plot, story and scenes but dark as DC dark aka you barely see things, like Batman dark. I literally had to adjust brightness at some part when he fought as Daredevil.
Anyway, main problem is those Netflix shows that I watched are way different than usual MCU that I got into which is comedy, superhero movies that if seriousness calls, they will be series. WV is same as that. Daredevil is basically all the time serious ,slow-burner which is crime drama. Maybe I would have liked Dardevil if I didn't watch MCU movies like 10x so I was expecting Daredevil to be like them but it's not.

I mean if you want you can compare it to movie size. WV is like ZS:JL movie level of duration or ROTK or 2 big movies.
Daredevil S1 is like 4 big movies or like 2 ROTKs or ZS:JLs...
Sorry but I don't wanna watch Daredevil that much. I understand 3: 2 hour and 30 min movies of Daredevil to connect everything not like 200 h...
Honestly I wish Daredevil got 10 episodes miniseries on Disney+ that are like 40 minutes long and to be like MCU movies and then to be put in movies with anyone else.
200.gif

Seems like you want everything to be the same. What's wrong with some variety? I love the Marvel movies and I really love that Daredevil doesn't feel like them. :daredevil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"