Dave Bautista in talks to star in action-thriller Killer’s Game

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
Dave Bautista In Talks to Star in Action-Thriller Killer's Game

Collider reports that Guardian of the Galaxy star Dave Bautista is currently attached to star in STXfilm’s upcoming action thriller Killer’s Game. The film adaptation has been long in development for over two decades with action star Jason Statham (Hobbs & Shaw) previously in talks for the lead role.

Killer’s Game follows the story of Joe Flood, a hitman who prides himself on killing only those who deserve to die and is told by his doctor that he has merely a few months to live. Flood puts out an open contract on himself to the assassins of the world but soon finds out that the lab made a mistake and he’s in perfect health. Now he must fend off all of his former associates trying to kill him.

Based on Jay Bonansinga’s novel of the same, the film will be directed by D.J. Caruso (Disturbia, Eagle Eye, XXX: The Return of Xander Cage). Steve Richards of Endurance Media and Andrew Lazar of Mad Chance will serve as the producers for the film.

Cool concept for an action movie, I would have liked to have seen John Woo's version.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun! Sounds tailor-made for Statham but I like Bautista.

Ice Cube Joins Covers, To Team With Dave Bautista In The Killer’s Game – Deadline

Cube is separately negotiating to team with Dave Bautista in The Killer’s Game, the Simon Kinberg & Rand Ravich-scripted adaptation of the Jay Bonansinga novel that DJ Caruso will direct in October for STX and Endurance.

Bautista (opening soon in Stuber and My Spy) plays an elite hitman named Joe Flood who learns he will die of a terminal disease. A devout Catholic, he won’t kill himself, and instead takes out a contract on himself and makes sure the woman he has fallen in love with is financially set. When Flood gets word he was misdiagnosed and is fine, his new mission is to protect his lover, and try to call off the hit even though several assassins are now vying for the bounty, with Cube playing the best of those assassins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"