• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

David Fincher to Direct The Social Network - Part 1

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=56533

Source: Variety
June 23, 2009

Columbia Pictures is in advanced talks with David Fincher to direct The Social Network, the Aaron Sorkin-scripted film about the formation of Facebook, reports Variety.

The film will focus on the evolution of Facebook from its 2004 creation on the Harvard campus by sophomore Mark Zuckerberg to a juggernaut with more than 200 million members.

Scott Rudin and Michael De Luca and Trigger Street are producing for Columbia Pictures.

I am sure between them Fincher and Sorkin make this interesting.

Just saw this movie over the weekend right before the Oscars, was pretty good. I'm not sure why Arnie Hammer got so much attention after this movie, he didn't really have that much screentime and IMO didn't really do that much. Eisenberg and Garfield did a lot more than Hammer.

The Oscar for the musical score completely mystifies me too, what exactly was new or groundbreaking about it? The slow piano interlude-type stuff has been done way too many times.

The multiple references to computer stuff (bits, Perl/MySQL, etc) made me feel like a nerd. :oldrazz:

Side question: was the music during the boat-rowing competition in England from a video game? Something about it felt really familiar and video game-ish but I couldn't place it.

Side question: was the music during the boat-rowing competition in England from a video game? Something about it felt really familiar and video game-ish but I couldn't place it.

It's a electronic version of the classic piece "In the Hall of the Mountain King".

I saw this video earlier today. I don't think it has ever been posted here. Being a code guy myself, I was perusing an article that basically just says "hackers gonna hack," and this video was in it. Because sometimes, we code just to see if the code works, essentially. And Mark is no different.

[YT]jDZJkZs0UIs[/YT]

I watched this again last night. My opinion has changed dramatically. FANTASTIC FILM!!!!!! The editing was amazing, as was the acting and the dialogue. Great pacing, loved the music. All around great work on Fincher's part.

Truth be told, the colour correction was very annoying - I felt like I was watching the Matrix at times.

Truth be told, the colour correction was very annoying - I felt like I was watching the Matrix at times.
It wouldn't be David Fincher without some overwhelming yellow filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"