• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight David Julyan should totally do the music.

People always says that, but you are aware that Elfman or another composer could have taken Elfman's theme and done some re-arrangements to make it fit the film. Heck, Elfman did that for Batman Returns. Listen to the music in Batman and then the one in Batman Returns. Both are different in tone and mood. B89 is dark but heroic. Returns is dark and depressing. And, Elfman also uses a choir which he didn't use in B89 except for Descent Into Mystery.

Those are mere deviations of the same tone and of the same theme -- Nolan was going for something radically different. And so should he have.

Besides, why try to make it fit? They're trying to get across the point that this is a new franchise of films, so why stick with the same music?

Shirley Walker composed a new Batman theme for the cartoon series yet she still managed to incorporate Elfman's theme every once in a while. And, no one has complained about it for the past 15 years. So, why would Begins have been any different? Zimmer & Howard could have still created a new theme but add in a few Elfman notes here and there.

In addition, I'm not 100% sure if Elfman composed the following but he is credited for it in the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ruZleByuAw
and its very different from the movies. Maybe something like this would work.

^Because Nolan wanted something different. That simple.

to me the Batman theme (which is used only 1 or 2 times in the movie) is in the credits track, 8 minutes and 9 seconds, or at least, i believe that is the theme

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"