Days Gone

Being an exclusive, I hope this game is good and becomes successful and sells well, but I just can't find the strength to anticipate and get excited for this.

I feel like I've played all of that in other games, already.

This game is a last of us rip off, but lazy written with worse gameplay

I got loved this game, way more than the Last of Us which I found to be utter drivel. Got the Platinum in less than month. Good times. I hope a sequel gets made.

I got loved this game, way more than the Last of Us which I found to be utter drivel. Got the Platinum in less than month. Good times. I hope a sequel gets made.
I don't even... I don't...

Yes I know, people have differing opinions, it's a sad world we live in huh?
Ah yes, when you purposefully use harsh rhetoric about something critically acclaimed, and then get up on your high horse when someone reacts.

Ah yes, when you purposefully use harsh rhetoric about something critically acclaimed, and then get up on your high horse when someone reacts.

I'm on no horse, I was merely responding to your apparent heart break when I said TLOU was drivel. It was, to me. You'll always have your love for it.

This game is fun and I enjoy it I just hate how long it always takes to load. I am on my second run through.

Just finished this one. I thought it was alright. I got more into it as it went along, but those loading screens really hurt it for me.

I was kinda tempted to buy this when it was on sale for like 20 dollars, as I want to play all the big name recent ps4 eXclusives.

But idk, zombies stress the ***: out of me and the reviews weren't that great. Like can I free roamwithout the bandits trying to kill me and zombies chasing after me or all the locations are exactly like that?

I was kinda tempted to buy this when it was on sale for like 20 dollars, as I want to play all the big name recent ps4 eXclusives.

But idk, zombies stress the ***: out of me and the reviews weren't that great. Like can I free roamwithout the bandits trying to kill me and zombies chasing after me or all the locations are exactly like that?
It’s basically Death Stranding with zombies. You go on lots of missions for camps. Your under pretty constant attack from zombies and crazy people, so you really can’t just roam free for a long time.

Since the free roaming is done on motorcycle it's easy to escape the zombies if you pay attention to what's in front of and around the bike.

Once they are aware of your presence they go into a frenzy and will chase you and scream and their screams attract others nearby. On bike its not a huge deal. But if you are on foot it can get tricky. If it's a horde (50+ zombies) you're ****ed, and especially ****ed if you're in an open area with no obstacles. Even if you've got a heavy machine gun and grenades theyll wash over you. And the downed zombies pilling up in front of you from heavy machine gun fire can keep your bullets from hitting the rest of the attacking zombies. So be aware of that if you choose to play this.

Last edited:
Since the free roaming is done on motorcycle it's easy to escape the zombies if you pay attention to what's in front of and around the bike.

Once they are aware of your presence they go into a frenzy and will chase you and scream and their screams attract others nearby. On bike its not a huge deal. But if you are on foot it can get tricky. If it's a horde (50+ zombies) you're ****ed, and especially ****ed if you're in an open area with no obstacles. Even if you've got a heavy machine gun and grenades theyll wash over you. And the downed zombies pilling up in front of you from heavy machine gun fire can keep your bullets from hitting the rest of the attacking zombies. So be aware of that if you choose to play this.
That sounds incredibly eXhausting to me. So I think for now, I'm gonna pass on playing it.

I haven’t played this at all. May try on pc at some point.

Maybe i should finally play this... like if I survived Resident Evil 7, then I should be able to play this.

I've been playing this via the PS Plus Collection. It's basically a TLOU knockoff at worst and a better version of that Walking Dead game where you played as Daryl at best, but since I'm playing it for free I guess I can't complain too much. The motorcycle stuff is fun at times but it's getting boring running into the same enemies over and over. It'd be a completely forgettable game if not for Sam Witwer. It's also entirely too long. I'm all for long games if the story is compelling enough (TLOU2, RDR2) but this ain't it. It's just long for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Well, it's gonna be next month's PS Plus game and that is the only way I will play this game so I'm happy about that.
After I finish Final Fantasy VII Remake that is.

My expectations for Days Gone are so low that I may find some enjoyment out of it.

Damn you, Sony.:cmad: This console generation is just all around off to a terrible start.

$60 CAD... Yeah no, I'll wait for a sale. :funny:

And I love that they used silhouette shapes instead for the Xbox and Nintendro Pro controllers there. :hehe:

Last edited:
I still haven't played this but it's a bummer for fans that the devs didn't get a second shot. I would have thought a sequel was likely as it wouldn't need to take as long or cost as much to develop. Second games can often be where systems are perfected and ideas are pushed further. I know it wasn't a critical darling compared to other exclusives but it wasn't hated and seemed to sell pretty well.

I think the reviews would have been kinder if the critics had finished the game. Most of them didn't finish it and it shows. It takes a long time to complete and the beginning of the game is especially a chore but the best stuff (meaning most of the horde action) happens near the end of the game. I'm not going to pretend that its story or gameplay is as good as The Last of Us, but it's still worth a playthrough. Especially since it can be played for free on PS5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"