• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

DC bringing back "The Titans"

Mind control's not good enough? So, we're still pissed that Jay Garrick killed the old Mr. Terrific?

Did Jay go on a months-long killing spree giving every appearance of gleeful revelry in his savage string of murders and no indication whatsoever that he was under somebody else's control despite every major meaningful element of his character in some way being connected to his singular unwillingness to kill?

Yes. Yes he did.

It will be revealed in his new 4 part mini.

Did Jay go on a months-long killing spree giving every appearance of gleeful revelry in his savage string of murders and no indication whatsoever that he was under somebody else's control despite every major meaningful element of his character in some way being connected to his singular unwillingness to kill?
Come on, man. They're trying to fix it. Give them a chance to fix it.

Give Jeff Matsuda a chance to fix Batman.

Anytime he wants to make a Batman story that doesn't blow ass, I will be there and I will read/listen to/watch it all the way through to the end, because I love the character that much.

Come on, man. They're trying to fix it. Give them a chance to fix it.
I'd be much more inclined to read their attempt to fix it if they didn't put the cure in the hands of the guy who gave us the poison in the first place. For most Batgirl fans, Beechen's name is pretty much anathema at this point.

I was far from impressed with the latest issue. This title definitely ain't my thang.

I kinda liked it Still needs a different creative team though.

So you think it's good except for...the writing...and the art...? :confused:

So you think it's good except for...the writing...and the art...? :confused:

No, the writing was decent. It could use some improvements but I liked how Winick characterized Trigon (being disgusted with his daughter and thinking that he's still all powerful despite being in a weakened state), his motives to get rid of the Titans make sense, overall it's a alright story to get the Titans back together again. Not terrible. Not great like it should be. And I like having the original Titans back together again

But the writing can be better plus it's pretty much inevitable that Winick will end up sucking on the book and end up staying way past his welcome on it. And I really want Gail Simone on this title. This book needs a writer that is just more consistent in quality that someone who on ocassion delivers some good stuff (early Outsiders and Green Arrow work), some decent stuff (Green Arrow/Black Canary and Titans), and some awful stuff (his later Outsiders and Green Arrow work).

The art was better this issue, I even liked it more than Benitez's issue of Justice League of America. That said, that ain't saying much. I would like to see Perez on the book for an arc.

I barely recognized Beast Boy in a few panels.

As for Winick's writing, I'm on board until it starts to suck. Then I'll abandon ship, like I did with Outsiders.

I barely recognized Beast Boy in a few panels.

As for Winick's writing, I'm on board until it starts to suck. Then I'll abandon ship, like I did with Outsiders.

So you never got started then?:o

It doesn't suck now. It's just "not bad, but not good."

They have a word for that, you know. Starts with "S," sounds like "pucks"...

Yeah, as in "Shucks, I wanted to like Titans but Winick made it suck."

What is your avatar from? It looks like that terrible '70s TV show.

Did it have a big "Co-Starring Nicholas Hammond!" blurb on the cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"