• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Dc Comics Solicitations For October 2007

this looks kind of fun.

DCU_IHWS_solicit.jpg

DC INFINITE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1
WRITTEN and illustrated by various
Cover by Gene Ha
Don’t miss this collection of 13 stories of tricks and treats by some of comics’ top creators, including writers Steve Niles, Mark Waid, Steve Seagal, Dan DiDio, Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Peter Johnson (TV’s Supernatural), David Arquette (Scream), Cliff Dorfman (Entourage) and many more with art by Ian Churchill, Dean Ormston, Dustin Nguyen , Bernard Chang and others! The inmates of Arkham horrify each other with terrifying tales involving Superman and zombies, Batman and vampires, Robin and werewolves, Aquaman and witches, Flash and the dead, and more! Plus, the return of Resurrection Man!
On sale October 31 • 80 pg, FC, $5.99 US

So, after all the speculation about who the art team on Simone's Wonder Woman run was going to be, it turns out to be: exactly the same people on the book before. Not that I mind, or anything; they're awesome.
They revealed that a couple weeks ago, didn't they?

BGOLD_Cv3_solicit.jpg

BOOSTER GOLD #3
Written by Geoff Johns & Jeff Katz
Art and cover by Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund
This is it! The DEATH of BOOSTER GOLD!! And nothing will ever be the same aga...wait. We already tried to kill him? Really? Well, in this issue Booster Gold heads back to the Old West and runs into Jonah Hex. You know, that crazy looking gunfighter! But what does Jonah Hex have that Booster desperately needs? Plus: the Death of Jonah Hex!!
What? We can't kill him either? Well, someone’s going to fall off a horse at least!*
(*Warning: This issue may not contain a scene of anyone falling off a horse.)
On sale October 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Classic Booster :p

SDRK_Cv1_solicit.jpg

SIMON DARK #1
Written by Steve Niles
Art and cover by Scott Hampton
Gotham City has another guardian, a protector known only in whispers and children’s jump rope songs — and he’s not afraid to get his hands bloody! Meet Simon Dark, the mysterious creature of the night who’s the star of a new ongoing series by the creative team behind the acclaimed GOTHAM COUNTY LINE — writer Steve Niles (30 Days of Night) and artist Scott Hampton (BATMAN: NIGHT CRIES)!
On sale October 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Ok this got my attention

CHECK_Cv19_solicit.jpg

CHECKMATE #19
Written by Greg Rucka
Art by Joe Bennett & Jack Jadson
Cover by Kalman Andrasofszky
“Fall of the Wall” Part 2! The White Queen turns to bare-knuckle blackmail to hang onto her job — and Amanda Waller knows everyone’s secrets!
On sale October 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Wait... Black King is... J'onn? SWEET!

They revealed that a couple weeks ago, didn't they?

that's the first i heard of it, but i don't follow ww. i'll definitely check it out with simone and the dodson's wroking on it now.

at Heroes con i believe
Thought so.

It's great they are keeping the Dodsons around. Usually, it's hard to keep those superstar artists on one title for long.

that's the first i heard of it, but i don't follow ww. i'll definitely check it out with simone and the dodson's wroking on it now.
Lateness aside, Heinberg's arc was damn good as well. IMO.

Is Busiek writing the Superman title for the foreseeable future? I want to get back into Superman but I'd rather shove hot pokers up my nostrils than read Johns and/or Donner's Action Comics.

I like Donner's run on Action Comics. That's the reason why I'm buying two Superman comics, because of Donner. Now that Donner is gone, I have no reason to continue picking it up.

AC_Cv857_solicit.jpg

apparently, even on bizarro world, hal sucks!

Which would mean he rocks in the regular DCU. :confused:

I like Donner's run on Action Comics. That's the reason why I'm buying two Superman comics, because of Donner. Now that Donner is gone, I have no reason to continue picking it up.
How do you know the goodness of Action isn't due to Johns as much as it is Donner?

Duffie is writing John Stewart? ****ing awesome! Maybe he'll stop sucking in the comics now too!

Duffie is writing John Stewart? ****ing awesome! Maybe he'll stop sucking in the comics now too!
I dunno. He never stopped sucking in JLU.

yeah.. but several people hare remarked that his Green lantern symbol is closer to Alan Scott's logo then the corps...
you can barely see it there .. and on this you can also see hints of it
CDSRP_WS_solicit.jpg

i see some people believe he will take over for alan scott.. personally i cant see why they say he has his logo..

Someone called J'onn as Black King ages ago. Can't believe they were right.

Wow...way to ruin the end of the Sinestro Corps War, DC.:dry:
That's obviously Kyle as a GL again, and not Ion.

Where have you been? Kyle has been a GL on the solicits for every month before this month so it isnt anything surprising.

Lord Havok and the Extremists are to the DCU what Squadron Supreme is to the Marvel Universe...

looks cool though...

Outsiders seemed interesting,but god DC,way to ruin a good project with an odd artist like Turnbull.I'm sorry,but I've seen fan art better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"