DC DIRECT THE DARK KNIGHT 1:2 SCALE Bust

Spidey_D.N.

Civilian
Reaction score
Recently announced this month, DC Direct is finally offering their larger scale bust of Batman and Joker from the Dark Knight. Sculpted by Kolby Jukes, these busts measures approximately 14.75" high x 11" wide x 8" deep each and both includes a 4-color Certificate of Authenticity, and is packaged in a 4-color box. These are stated to be release March 25, 2009.

Also to note, it is limited to 2,500 pcs each and are priced USD $295.00 each!

Personally, I think they are a bit too expensive and over priced, however that's my opinion. What do you all think?

Kolby Jukes' smaller bust and 10" statue turned out REAL poor .. so I can imagine these'll turn out just as bad (but whether it was his sculpt or the mass production that ruined it Im not sure) .. its not bad though ... but Im sure the final product will differ VERY MUCH

Eh, I don't think these look so good. The Joker's face seems too... big & pudgy. He actually kinda reminds me of Luca Brasi from "The Godfather" in clown makeup. And I think the eye makeup looks a little too clean.

I think the Batman one is great, although the eyes look a tad too big to me. But that might just be the lighting/angle. But definitely better than the Joker, IMO.

Batman looks good, but what on earth is with The Joker... and DC doesn't even know how to get the look right... thats embarrassing.

ewwww joker looks kinda like george lopez.

The joker looks like the sculptor saw pics of HOT TOY'S bank robber joker and used that as a reference. Horrible job.

Wow! I'm really suprised that you guys don't like these? I was hoping for something like this from the beginning. Seems more people around here like the Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures. Don't get me wrong, the sculpts are great, but talk about overpriced! For plastic vinyl. Come one. I've always prefered the porcelain statues over the figures anyways. I have a huge collection of Batman statues.

I don’t think the sculpting is that bad, however they did a piss poor job with the paint and it’s really overpriced… especially with the poor paint job and all.

I don’t think the sculpting is that bad, however they did a piss poor job with the paint and it’s really overpriced… especially with the poor paint job and all.

Agreed. Batman looks worth it, however. Thats an expensive thing to just sit there. I wouldn't buy them, perhaps Batman just not that price but each to his own.

The ironic thing is, Batman this time looks better than the Joker. Where as the DCD 1/6 The Joker was better than the 1/6 Batman.

3rd times a charm? :)

Eh, I don't think these look so good. The Joker's face seems too... big & pudgy. He actually kinda reminds me of Luca Brasi from "The Godfather" in clown makeup. And I think the eye makeup looks a little too clean.

I think the Batman one is great, although the eyes look a tad too big to me. But that might just be the lighting/angle. But definitely better than the Joker, IMO.

Haha, I was gonna say he looked like Javier Bardem with Joker makeup.

Yeaaa... I won't be getting these.

I'm not a fan of these. They look very unnatural, compared to some of the sixth scale figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"