DC Properties That You Want As A Period Piece?

A pulpy detective noir Question movie set in the thirties could be cool.

A seventies set Adam Strange space opera.

A medieval Etrigan the Demon sword and sorcery adventure

Superman.

At this point, I feel like its the only way we'll get a halfway decent Superman film from WB. It's like WB thinks they can't do a "proper" Superman film and have it be contemporary at the same time.

A Martian Manhunter film could be fun against a 1950s backdrop of the red scare/McCarthyism paranoia. Include King Faraday as a FBI spook.

A 70s Green Arrow story could be pretty sweet too. It was time of social revolution and protests in US. I’d love to see Ollie picketing the man (Nixon, Watergate, Vietnam— take your pick!).

Luthor in the 80s, in the same vein as Oliver Stone’s Wall Street (with either investigative journalist Jimmy Olsen as our POV/Charlie Sheen character, or someone else).

A Booster Gold film with him and Skeet getting stuck in the 90s sounds like a fun time too, especially if they’re paling around with Blue Beetle (outfitted in Radio Shack/90s-ified tech).

And lastly, it’d be great if DC could figure out how to make an Icon film. Have the film toggle between 1800s southern US and the present day from the perspective of Augustus Freeman/Icon.

A Martian Manhunter film could be fun against a 1950s backdrop of the red scare/McCarthyism paranoia. Include King Faraday as a FBI spook

If the right writer & director was picked, and they both had a shared vision , you're idea would be an interesting one.

Also don't mean to repost an idea from another thread but it seemed to fit this one perfectly so here goes :

Well, I'm sure I will get a lot of people shooting down this idea for the origin of Hawkman on screen but....it is possible to loosely connect the Egyptian story line with a 'space connection'.

It can start off in the 1930s or 40s with Carter Hall , as an archaeologist , who was selected to join a team that discovered an Egyptian tomb.

Soon after he arrives at the dig site, he & the team finds a wall of hieroglyphs no one is able to decipher right away.
As the team studies the symbols all day & into the night, they go to sleep after a long day at their campsite in the desert.
Around midnight he bolts out of his tent, running into the tomb with the now uncoded information from a dream of him being in Egypt thousands of years ago is unfolded by an Egyptian god.
The dream reveals to him that you have this vast knowledge of our culture,artifacts & history because , you were there.
You lived among us as Khufu & it is thru the powers of reincarnation you were awakened & called back here.
He then scrambles down to the tomb to find a hidden antechamber with more hieroglyphs and the Hawkman armor/Nth metal.
Then looking closely at the pictures on the walls , interprets there was something that descended upon the Egyptians, visitors from the skies that gave them technology beyond their comprehension.
[I have seen many TV specials & shows, if you're like me History channel is full of them showing some alien intervention in Egypt's history]

Then he could use the Nth metal technology and start the legend of Hawkman .

What or who the villain is can be worked out , Also..it gives a sequel idea for later of trying to get to or find Thanagar, showing a space themed movie of who & why the Aliens are & how they have been making contact on earth longer than we have realized.

And my choice for a director, since he does period pieces well & shows he can with Captain America & the Rocketeer....Joe Johnston

A Martian Manhunter film could be fun against a 1950s backdrop of the red scare/McCarthyism paranoia. Include King Faraday as a FBI spook.

A 70s Green Arrow story could be pretty sweet too. It was time of social revolution and protests in US. I’d love to see Ollie picketing the man (Nixon, Watergate, Vietnam— take your pick!).

Luthor in the 80s, in the same vein as Oliver Stone’s Wall Street (with either investigative journalist Jimmy Olsen as our POV/Charlie Sheen character, or someone else).

A Booster Gold film with him and Skeet getting stuck in the 90s sounds like a fun time too, especially if they’re paling around with Blue Beetle (outfitted in Radio Shack/90s-ified tech).

And lastly, it’d be great if DC could figure out how to make an Icon film. Have the film toggle between 1800s southern US and the present day from the perspective of Augustus Freeman/Icon.

A few more...

The Question, a neo-noir 70s detective thriller in the vein of Serpico or The Manchurian Candidate, where the titular hero finds himself entangled in a web of conspiracies that puts him in the crosshairs of very powerful people.

Atom, a fun 60s romp with Ray Palmer’s adventures as a scientific explorer of the microscopic world and his clash with Dr. T.O. Morrow.

Jonah Hex, a smaller film set in the American Wild West of the 1800s. Give Hex a gun and treat him like Mad Max.

A Deadman film set in the late 80s/90s where Boston Brand has to solve his own murder with the help of his Earthly friends, i.e. Ghost.

A few more...

The Question, a neo-noir 70s detective thriller in the vein of Serpico or The Manchurian Candidate, where the titular hero finds himself entangled in a web of conspiracies that puts him in the crosshairs of very powerful people.
If you take your idea for the Question & merge it with the recent Joker film with J. Phoenix.......could be a sort of sequel & idea for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"