What is the craziest DC comics movie you'd like to see get made?

jackolantern.jpg

jack-black-green-lantern.png

CfxYLuJXIAcER-U.jpg

SWAMP THING directed by Guillermo Del Toro

SWAMP THING directed by Guillermo Del Toro

The idea is actually not so crazy as Heaven Sent was actually on the table, even had a Del Toro concept and script turned in.
What is insane though, is DC/WB didn't bend over backwards to his schedule to secure it, and instead let it all slide away.

When you have an accomplished popular visionary creator like Del Toro going - "I hope it happens. It’s going really really well. It’s like meeting old friends. I grew up with Demon Etrigan, with Swamp Thing, with Deadman, so these are characters that are near and dear to my heart.”

How do you let that slip away? What's crazy is everyone running things at the top at the WB wasn't fired.

Last edited:
The idea is actually not so crazy as Heaven Sent was actually on the table, even had a Del Toro script turned in.
What is insane though, is DC/WB didn't bend over backwardsto his schedule to secure him, and instead let it all slide away.
Yeah, and when they did get around to developing the movie Del Toro had to decline so he could make Pacific Rim 2 which he ended up having to pass on to Steven S. DeKnight.
:csad:
Hopefully if 'Suicide Squad' is a success it will reignite interest in the project. and maybe Del Toro will be done with 'The Shape of Water' by then.

The idea is actually not so crazy as Heaven Sent was actually on the table, even had a Del Toro concept and script turned in.
What is insane though, is DC/WB didn't bend over backwards to his schedule to secure it, and instead let it all slide away.

When you have an accomplished popular visionary creator like Del Toro going - "I hope it happens. It’s going really really well. It’s like meeting old friends. I grew up with Demon Etrigan, with Swamp Thing, with Deadman, so these are characters that are near and dear to my heart.”

How do you let that slip away? What's crazy is everyone running things at the top at the WB wasn't fired.

For some baffling and idiotic reason Warner doesn't consider 'Justice League Dark' a high priority movie which is why it hasn't been given a release date and why they kept shifting the production start date around which is why Del Toro had to walk away.
:loco:

A live action movie inspired by the Fleischer cartoons.
fleischer-title1.jpg

fleischer-title2.jpg

ultimate-fleischer-dvd.jpg

Did anyone mention any of the crisis events yet? Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis.

Blackest Night and Sinestro Corps War would be epic.

The Swamp Thing American Gothic storyline.

Animal Man wackiness that happened towards the end of Grant Morrison's run. With Buddy meeting the real Grant.

A live action movie inspired by the Fleischer cartoons.

I'd go the full nine - or in this case three: a stand-alone trilogy the embraces the expanse of the Superman mythos instead of running away from it in embarrassment.

Starting with these two: http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=33077263&postcount=113

And capping with an intro for Kara, albeit in this identity for a change (and in keeping with the shift from the Golden to Silver and now to the Bronze Age with each movie) -
2396106-power_girl_v2_1.jpeg

involving a slight dip into the Modern-Age with a "Public Enemies"-type public-opinion-swaying presidential-bid plot by Luthor -
05.jpg

abetted by Luthor's own hand-crafted Superman Revenge Squad, a la "Last Son" -
3754619-06.jpg

1402893-metallosecreto.jpg

super_so_4-4.jpg

590718-19.jpg

climaxing with a surprise assist to our heroes in the final act by this guy -
Batman-INC-3.jpg

and Luthor and Bizarro ending up having to hole up in an abandoned old Lexcorp industrial plant -
dco_mmo_legion_of_doom_hq_clr_by_chuckdee-d4h34vc.jpg

where they promptly meet up with these guys -
joker-mythology-canvas-by-alex-ross-3.jpg

alex_ross___the_scarecrow_2_by_superman8193-d59rpbp.jpg

...setting the stage for the Justice League without having to involve another big-gun-superhero team-up-vs.-full-blown-alien-invasion plot.

Although, I suppose for the purposes of not just relying upon Ol' Baldy again for villainy or regurgitating Metallo from the first film in this trilogy, there should be a point where Luthor's Kryptonite-asteroid plan blows up in his face when it turns out the asteroid's just a smokescreen for a full-blown Phantom Zone invasion to test our heroes...NO mere trio of Kryptonian villains taking all the glory, NO Kryptonian terraforming devices, NO Kryptonian body armor, either; just an entire army packing super-powers (also straight out of "Last Son") looking to claim the Earth for their own with literally their bare hands ...not that I'd really want to fall back on Zod again either, but I think each movie would necessitate an increase in scope over the last one - in the first film, one human and one formerly-human enemy; the second, an alien enemy; the third, a bunch of human and formerly-human enemies and an army of alien enemies; heck, you could even link Kara's escape from Argo City to Zod if necessary.

Last edited:
Forever-Evil-5-Top.jpg

Justice League: Forever Evil. The Crime Syndicate shows up from Earth 3, defeating the JL, and so Lex leads a group of A-list supervillains, be it the already formed Legion of Doom or a new Injustice League, to save the day. Get actors to play multiple roles. Cavill as Ultraman & Bizarro. It would be ridiculous, and therefore awesome.

Forever-Evil-Hug.png

Legion of Super Heroes. If done right, I think it could be WB's next Harry Potter in a sense -- The story of a young boy who's 'different' who's whisked away to an amazing whimsical new world filled with other kids like him (including his two new best friends, Lightning Lad and Phantom Girl), where superpowers are commonplace, but also a world where he's the 'chosen one' and he has to live up to massive expectations.

2006-Legion-of-Super-Heroes-Season-1-4_0.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone mention any of the crisis events yet? Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis..
hqdefault.jpg

Twilight Of The Superheroes
Alan Moore said:
Firstly, as I see the commercial side, taking into account what Paul was kind enough to pass on to me, the perfect mass crossover would be something like the following: it would have a sensible and logical reason for crossing over with other titles, so that the readers who were prompted to try a new title as a result of the crossover or vice versa didn't feel cheated by some tenuous linkage of storylines that was at best spurious and at worst nonexistent. It would provide a strong and resonant springboard from which to launch a number of new series or with which to revitalize old ones again in a manner that was not obviously crassly exploitative so as to insult the reader's intelligence. With an eye to the merchandising that Marvel managed to spin out of Secret Wars, I think it's safe to assume that if it were possible to credibly spin role playing games, toys, "Waiting for Twilight" posters and T-shirts and badges and all the rest of that stuff from the title, then that would be a good idea too. Ideally, it might even be possible, while appealing to the diehard superhero junkie, to produce a central story idea simple, powerful and resonant enough to bear translation to other media. I mean, I know that I'm probably still intoxicated by the Watchmen deal, but it never hurts to allow for these things as a possibility, does it?

Not the craziest idea, but I want to see Justice League International. After the Booster Gold movie, get Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Fire, Ice, Mr. Miracle, Barda, and Martian Manhunter, dial their personalities to 11, then have a full-on action comedy in parallel to the main Justice League movies where they struggle with some side conflict that the main team could power through no sweat.

Okay I know everyone who hated the BvS movie has suggested this but Since it is crazy and would redeem everything I thought it be best to put it here. Here we go:

In the first Justice League movie the first thing we notice is how Wonder Woman in honor of Supermans sacrifice has started calling herself Superwoman. While we are introduced to the old Batman who decided to after Supermans death to be more expansive and has realised that in order to truly stop crime he needs to take control and as Bruce Wayne is launcing a presidential campaign while at the same time creating the Justice League with the broken Cyborg, a Flash and hunky Aquaman. In the middle of this movie all of the sudden another Flash appears out of nowhere and we start to realise slowly through Flash that this Justice League is actully trying to impose a dictatorship to stopp all the "chaos" around. And part 2 is the actual Justice League from the other Flash universe showing up kick the **** out of the now called Crime Syndicate. I know it is horrible like I have written but do not tell that wouldn't be awesome.

I'd still like to see Green Arrow: SuperMax. I was talking to someone about Justin Marks after seeing his name attached to The Jungle Book, and remembered being interested in the movie.

Weren't there plans for a Metalmen movie at one point?

Barry Sonnenfeld was attached to direct it, I think it's still in development, there is huge potential in a Metal Men film IMO it would work as a live action film or animated.

I'd still like to see Green Arrow: SuperMax. I was talking to someone about Justin Marks after seeing his name attached to The Jungle Book, and remembered being interested in the movie.

David Goyer Talks Green Arrow, Won't Direct DC Movie
Exclusive: David Goyer on why Green Arrow: Escape From Super Max never came to be.
Louisa Mellor said:
Had history taken a different turn, then writer/producer David Goyer may have pre-empted the current trend in crossing over superheroes and - more pertinently - villains with Green Arrow: Escape From Super Max. We've looked in detail at the project here. Goyer penned a screenplay for the project back in the later 2000s along with Justin Marks, and it would have seen Green Arrow framed for murder, and sent to prison. The film would have followed his attempt to escape.

But the film would also have been packed with villains, in the same way that next year's Suicide Squad is going to be. Cameos from the likes of Lex Luthor, The Riddler and The Joker were being talked about.

We had a chance to chat to David Goyer, and asked him if, in the light of Suicide Squad getting the green light, his Green Arrow: Escape From Super Max project was ahead of its time?

"I think it absolutely was", he told us. "I think if that script had come over the transom a couple of years later… It was completely ahead of its time".

"By the way, everything I see about Suicide Squad looks fantastic and it’s a different story. But it was absolutely ahead of its time. You know, Marvel was considering doing the Sinister Six and at the time, God, I think this was eight or nine years ago that we wrote a couple of drafts, but it certainly was like this oddball project at Warner Bros at the time, they were like - even though the script was good - ‘why would we make a movie about a bunch of villains? That makes no sense’."

The idea for the project would die in development hell.

"The executive on it was really visionary," Goyer recalls, "but the higher-ups, none of whom are at Warner Bros any more, just thought at the time, you know, we just want to make Batman and Superman movies. We don’t want to make any other characters. But this is before Marvel had really taken off, before more obscure projects like Guardians Of The Galaxy or Ant-Man or things like that had huge success, before the current gold rush I guess, if you will. It’s natural that eventually someone was going to make a villain movie, so that’s just what happened!"

Goyer also confirmed to us that he definitely won't be directing one of the upcoming movies in the DC movie universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"