DC Superhero Girls on CN

technically it was a show already it was very short skits kinda like how justice league action was done . instead of full half hour or hour block. but at least now well have as that in the latter in instead of the short skits. Now if only they'd change their minds on justice league action and do the same . then again I rather have JLU back.

Nice!!

However, judging from the description, it sounds like they are starting over with the story and ignoring the previous short web vids and movies ( and comics )?

hmm that's weird and doesn't make sense. but this will be good for girl and kids as well. so I hope it does well and doesn't get the usual shaft. if only the other tv net works would pick these shows more like they used to do back in the day. Instead of it always being on the CN channel.

yeah, it would be weird if they ignored the already established stories/relationships. It would also contradict previously released merchandise.

but the way they worded "Batgirl finding out her best friend Harley is a Gotham villain" gave me the impression that they are meeting for the first time - not to mention the stuff about secret identities and stuff.

It almost sounds like a reboot with a new focus - dealing with the "normal" teen/hs life of the girls plus the superhero stuff.

In the current web vid stories, there really is no distinction between normal life and superhero life - they all go to superhero academy and know each other's identities and code names.

Plus, both girls and guys go to the school. But again, the way they word the new description, it sounds like the guys or "bros" belong to the Justice League?? So the girls go to an all girls-school while the guys go to a different school? what??!!

Last edited:
I saw Jessica Cruz name dropped and immediately got excited! It's about time she joins the hero lineup! Love the character!!

I don't see CN giving this show the shaft since it's already a proven money maker (billion dollar merchandise line) so that's good news!

Count me in for sure. My daughter loves them, and I think the movies/shorts are hilarious. Plus, Jessica Cruz being adapted for the first time? :jd:

I figured they'd eventually do a proper tv series with this property.

I only ever saw the first movie and a couple shorts but I liked it more than I thought I would.

I figured they'd eventually do a proper tv series with this property.

I only ever saw the first movie and a couple shorts but I liked it more than I thought I would.

The movie was surprisingly good and darker than I expected.

It almost sounds like a reboot with a new focus

Lauren confirmed on Twitter that it's a reboot with it's own continuity.

I'm glad the concept has caught on. Gaining the interest of young children is a time-honored way of making lifelong fans. There are legions of adults walking around today who were first introduced to DC properties through Super Friends, Justice League, or Teen Titans. Even if the children watching this show don't become comic book readers, they'll be more likely to buy DC products for themselves and their own children in the future.

About a month ago I bought my daughter a movie based on this. She loved it and is looking forward to the series.

Considering it's supposed to be a reboot and Lauren Faust is in charge, I hope it's similar in tone and content to her Super Best Friends Forever shorts. Those were a lot of fun and it was a shame they weren't picked up for a full series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"