CW Developing Live-Action Powerpuff Girls Series

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
‘Powerpuff Girls’ Live-Action Series in Development at CW
The Powerpuff Girls” could soon fly again. Variety has learned that a live-action version of the classic Cartoon Network series is in development at The CW.

In the updated version of the series, the titular superheroes are now disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime fighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?

The project hails from writers and executive producers Heather Regnier and Diablo Cody. Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and David Madden will executive produce via Berlanti Productions. Warner Bros. Television will produce.

I'll admit, it kind of sounds like a parody of a CW show, but at the same time I'm not entirely disinterested. It's just crazy enough to work.

The description sounds like girls living in the bad future where Him took over the world in that episode Speed Demon.

TheCW gone done lost their minds!

Rather have a Live action Sailor Moon series.

At first I was like, jesus this sounds nuts but they'll at least have some CG characters. Now with that twenty somethings ****, I'm done. I feel like if this was on HBO Max they would have had the budget for the former.

Don’t give them any ideas. Some things need to remain sacred.

With how many times they keep retelling the same story over 30 years and the abysmal Crystal reboot...nothing is sacred when it comes to Sailor Moon.

With how many times they keep retelling the same story over 30 years and the abysmal Crystal reboot...nothing is sacred when it comes to Sailor Moon.

But Jesus not a Hollywood live action show, especially one produced by this guy. Berlanti would probably have Sailor Uranus and Neptune in a love triangle with Saturn and have Tuxedo Mask sleeping with all the others for the hell of it. Ugh.

I can imagine the soap opera elements they’ll give the Powerpuff Girls.

So how many of these will happen?

- The professor is dead/missing. At the end of the premiere, they discover a secret from his past and/or a clue to his murderer/whereabouts!
- The mayor or some ally is actually evil.
- They have a friend who’s played by a minority and/or gay.
- One of them is lesbian.
- There’s a montage towards the end where each one of them is ~contemplating~ to the tune of some indie song.
- There’s a bonding scene among the three of them where they hug it out and talk about their problems over food and/or alcohol.

Welp the Flash already gave them a CG template for Mojo Jojo with Grodd.

So how many of these will happen?

- The professor is dead/missing. At the end of the premiere, they discover a secret from his past and/or a clue to his murderer/whereabouts!
- The mayor or some ally is actually evil.
- They have a friend who’s played by a minority and/or gay.
- One of them is lesbian.
- There’s a montage towards the end where each one of them is ~contemplating~ to the tune of some indie song.
- There’s a bonding scene among the three of them where they hug it out and talk about them problems over food and/or alcohol.

You called ALL of it.

And don’t forget we’ll get washed up stars from the past to play Miss Bellum and Miss Keane. This could be a comeback for Heather Locklear.

There are so, so, so many red flags with this. At least they are not going to sexualize TV teenagers like Riverdale?

But talk about coming full circle. We've had a series focusing on them as kids, one as teens, and now one as adults.

Oh no don’t make the girls grown :omg:. How can anyone not realise what a colossally bad idea that is??

This idea is so CW it hurts.

Still a better idea than that Arrow spin-off. :o

the titular superheroes are now disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime fighting

LOL of course! :funny:
Just what we need, positive female role models reduced to mopey twentysomethings with issues. Instead of doing something more upbeat and positive they just went the worn out trope of making them question their value and worth in life.

Molly C. Quinn as Blossom

Becky G as Buttercup

Olivia Holt as Bubbles

I can see that working. Does not mean I will watch Powerpuff Girls: Moody Twentysomethings edition though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"