Arrow DC/WB restricting use of characters like Deadshot, Harley Quinn effecting Arrow?

Gintoki

Civilian
Reaction score
There's one thing that's been bothering me, is that the restriction of the use of characters by DC/WB, thanks to the suicide squad movie, and so characters like Deadshot, and other suicide squad members are off limits. That's why they apparently killed him off. That explains no bronze tiger too in season 3.

Thanks to DC/WB, i have a feeling it's only going to make Season 4 worse than Season 3.
Deadshot has a major role, with the H.I.V.E, with the murdering off Diggle's brother. Common sense says he should have a major role in season 4, but unfortunately he won't.
So is deadshot is just going to be forgotten like this, and we will get no back story on what actually happened?

DC has said the Tv verse, and movie verse are different, so why can't CW's arrow freely use characters? Is it because they think overexposure of them effect will sales of Suicide Squad movie, or maybe Will Smith complained. Dc really needs to learn from Marvel, because this is ruining arrow.

Deadshot, and suicide squad members aren't just restricted, but also Harley Quinn, whom producers had big plans for, but had to cancelled due to suicide squad movie.

Now who's next? Slade Wilson? Are they gonna make us forget he was season's 2 bad ass major villain? Amanda Waller? Katana?

I love the Arrow, but i don't feel like the show has a bright future, thanks to restrictions like these, and it pains me to see to getting worse. At this rate season 4 will be worse than season 3.

Do you guys think it's possible if enough people on TWITTER CAMPAIGN towards DC/WB, to let Arrow freely use the characters, pressure them to change their stance? I know it's unlikely, but i want to see this show saved somehow, and return to its glorious season 2 days.

Speaking of Slade, was this what Manu Bennett was upset/disappointed about? As in he's gone for good?

Speaking of Slade, was this what Manu Bennett was upset/disappointed about? As in he's gone for good?

No, it was how his character was poorly handled on the episode he appeared in season 3.

No, it was how his character was poorly handled on the episode he appeared in season 3.

Yeah I remember that but I was thinking he also mentioned not being able to return on top of it as disappointing. May be confusing with someone else. I'll find it.

I don't see how Harley Quinn being on Arrow would have made season 3 good. If they want to make season 4 good then they can get rid of Marc Guggenheim.

God forbid Arrow be about the Green Arrow and his villain gallery. This isn't the Suicide Squad tv show or Green Arrow : Brave and the Bold.

Deadshot involvement with Hive was as a hired gun. Easily able to do a story without him.

The Arrowverse has a 75+ years of material to work with. They just need to be creative. Bring in some one not Z list baddies and revamp them. Easy to use a Mr Freeze knock off when you don't have to worry about Freeze existence.

God forbid Arrow be about the Green Arrow and his villain gallery. This isn't the Suicide Squad tv show or Green Arrow : Brave and the Bold.

Deadshot involvement with Hive was as a hired gun. Easily able to do a story without him.

The Arrowverse has a 75+ years of material to work with. They just need to be creative. Bring in some one not Z list baddies and revamp them. Easy to use a Mr Freeze knock off when you don't have to worry about Freeze existence.

You're right, it isn't. But the producers introduced them in the first place, and fans like me are invested in them. That's basically producers telling us to go screw our self, because of those morons at DC.

I don't really care about the comics when I watch Arrow (or the Flash). What matters is the world the creators have crafted for the show. Whether or not Deadshot and the Suicid Squad are Green Arrow characters in the comics is irrelevant. What matters is that they are Arrow characters.

Moreover, Deadshot in the CW-verse has ties to HIVE and insight into the motivation behind Diggles' brother's death. The show has been building up to this over several years now - with DC's stamp of approval at that. So, for them to now turn around and restrict his and the rest of the Suicide Squad's use is basically a big "F--- you" to the audience and them saying that the television show and the fans they've cultivated don't matter compared to the potential fans they are trying to get from the SS movie.

^
If this is happening that's probably what Warner Brothers/DC is saying in regards to fan's of the show. They are counting on all the more millions of fans the movies are supposed to generate, in addition to us who will go enthusiastically to the films or be pulled by magnetic force.

It sucks if Bennett isn't allowed to come back as Deathstroke, but I would rather they not use him if they are going to give us something underwhelming like they did in Season 3.

That being said since DC's TV and movie universes are separate I don't get why you can't have separate characters. Not talking about the big guns or the Trinity, but the relatively minor villains or supporting characters, I don't see why not. Especially since Slade was built up to be a major antagonist on Arrow and played a large role in events in Seasons 1 and 2.

I'm more iffy on the Suicide Squad. I could see them changing the roster frequently anyway so you don't have to have Deadshot. But since the Squad and Amanda Waller have been established as parts of the show it sucks if they are going to be dropped now.

Perhaps they could move from Suicide Squad/ARGUS to Checkmate? And maybe mention Taskforce X moreso over Suicide Squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"