Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 16: "Legendary" (Season Finale)

And wow, I think Martin Stein may be up there for most neglectful husband in the world.

I really don't know why Martin couldn't just bring her along with him. And what about Jax? The guy makes a big deal about his mom being worried about him but he's able to leave her in order to become a Time Master so easily.

his wife seem all to happy with it. she must be swinging.. all jokes aside she was all to happy for him to go and have more adventures with that weird intervention as stein called it right. .

A fun finale that falls apart with logic. Just like many of the episodes. Very happy to see the Hawks gone. Such a waste.

Great finale. It's stupid, like it always is, but fun and emotional when it needed to be. The three time periods fight was cool, not to mention transmutation, and I found the last Heat Wave/Cold scene to be just right.

Glad to see the Hawks go (though ironically I thought this episode was their best outing, at least from a visual/action standpoint), but I'd still prefer if pretty much the whole cast weren't continuing. I'd have sent Canary back to Arrow, Heat Wave back to Flash, and have Rip's death scene actually be his death scene. But I guess we'll still get plenty of new characters with the JSA.

Am I the only one who had several MAJOR issues with the logic presented in tonight's finale?

1. Why does Savage need to detonate a meteor/perform three rituals in three different time periods in order to change history? He has a freaking time ship. He could have just gone back to 1200 BC with his time ship.

2. Wouldn't it have made sense to kill the youngest Savage out of the three? That way, you would kill his latter two counterparts due to the rules of time traveling.

3. I seriously have a hard time buying Rip's logic. So you're telling me that Damien freaking Dark is so powerful that he would still end up killing ALL of the team members if they had been present for the fight?

4. Wasn't it established that the time ship cannot go back to a point in time where the person had participated in its given events? Vandal and Rip was shown going back in time points where they were participants of. WTF?

It's a wonder if the writers thought this through.

They got rid of the impediments like the Hawks and Vandal Savage.

It's a wonder if the writers thought this through.

They got rid of the impediments like the Hawks and Vandal Savage.
Well let's remember with the hawks it's as killer mcqueen said it's that they (the writers )were bent on the romance part afocused too hard on it.

And that's what hurt the characters the most. this is no different then what happened on arrow with certain characters where focus was inthe wrong place. they took them in the wrong direction. in any other writers pen on any show be it animated or the books the hawks are cool .

with the thelive action flarrow verse. revision of how they do things is what's need aand as I said they need consultants in the romance department and mystery writers department and the spy world part too.

I really think these writers need to stop doing these dramatic buildups to character names that mean something to comic fans but mean absolutely nothing to anyone who doesn't know that character.

Yes. In the past.

In other news:
Hawks are out for the time being. MG and co. weren't inspired to write for them anymore.
http://deadline.com/2016/05/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-ciara-renee-departs-hawkgirl-1201754078/

Oh thank god. Carter was even worse than I remembered him.

Am I the only one who had several MAJOR issues with the logic presented in tonight's finale?

1. Why does Savage need to detonate a meteor/perform three rituals in three different time periods in order to change history? He has a freaking time ship. He could have just gone back to 1200 BC with his time ship.

2. Wouldn't it have made sense to kill the youngest Savage out of the three? That way, you would kill his latter two counterparts due to the rules of time traveling.

3. I seriously have a hard time buying Rip's logic. So you're telling me that Damien freaking Dark is so powerful that he would still end up killing ALL of the team members if they had been present for the fight?

4. Wasn't it established that the time ship cannot go back to a point in time where the person had participated in its given events? Vandal and Rip was shown going back in time points where they were participants of. WTF?

On this show? No way!

Some folks seem surprised by Hourman but he is the kind of hero I was expecting.

The top heroes are probably being saved for the movies. Guys like Booster Gold and Blue Beetle are making film appearances so were not going to be int he show either.
Good. They were one of the worst thing about the season IMO. Which makes me sad because Hawkgirl was so awesome in the JL animated series. But that show had much better writers too though.
The Hawks were so weak and ineffectually written that they won't be missed. They are good characters but the writers on this show clearly ran out of ideas for how to use them early on.

And wow, I think Martin Stein may be up there for most neglectful husband in the world.

I really don't know why Martin couldn't just bring her along with him. And what about Jax? The guy makes a big deal about his mom being worried about him but he's able to leave her in order to become a Time Master so easily.

It would be far safer to leave his wife behind. The Waverider is not the most safe place to be for a ordinary elderly woman with no superpowers, gadgets or skills.

Clarice was the one encouraging Martin to go so I wouldn't say it is neglect if she is fine with him going. She seemed pretty happy her husband is a superhero.

MG should just leave these DC shows alone. Everywhere he pops up with a writing credit or contribution the leaps in logic get so bad they break suspension of disbelief.

When you're writing speculative fiction you have to follow the rules you set otherwise it's just not believable or credible anymore.

I wish Geoff Johns were more involved in these shows, but he can't everywhere at once.

They should just hire someone to archive and keep track of what they "can and can't" do because these CW writers break their own rules "just because" on a weekly basis.

Glad the Hawks are out. If the writers are not motivated to write for them, they shouldn't keep them around. They'd only suffer like Laurel did on Arrow. And speaking of Laurel, glad that Rip won't let Sara try to change the events. Keep her as Black Siren. Not Black Siren who eventually turns good and then becomes the Black Canary. Just plain Black Siren.

Wasn't overly impressed by the action. I think the only few times it looked really good, was when they attacked Savage at the weapons sale, and when they fought the Pilgrim. Most of the time the action was pretty meh on the show.

Majorly disappointed by the hero reveal at the end. Guess it would be awesome for the comic fans. But what was more disappointing than the hero choice, was his goddamn costume. That has to be the least inspired costume in all of the CW shows to date. His costume isn't anything to write home about in the comics, but I'd take that silly thing, over another all leather getup, that is 99% black, with red stripes.

QUOTE]

I felt bad for the actor having to say that BS. But he couldn't say the truth, Dark Lord Guggeinheim has decreed her death.

It was a fun finale with massive logic holes if you think about it too hard.

Glad the hawks are gone, they were doing nothing for me.

How did Savage know the meteorites were thangarian? Why would Thangar send these bombs that needed activated by people around them? Why was ancient eqypt the place it would snap back too? Why didn't Savage just travel back and work separately from his former self to gain power etc?

Firestorm suddenly being able to trans-mutate so efficiently kinda bugged me a little, not too much since it is in the character's wheelhouse but could have been introduced a little earlier.

Glad they haven't pulled off any timey-whimey **** **** with Snart yet.

Hourman isn't a hero I know a lot about, but he's the typical C-lister I was expecting.

A decent first run for such an oddball show concept within tv budget limits. Glad the Hawks are out for now, too much focus on them, and acting was kind of wooden.

Hope they figure out how to rescue Snart from time, but with Hourman showing up looks like there's going to be a lot more story to fill.

I personally think they would have been better off revealing Cosmic Boy of the Legion of Super Heroes turning up in an ancient looking version of Rip's ship revealing he needs their help against a dangerous new enemy calling themselves the Time Trapper!

Don't mind the JSA reveal but Hourman wouldn't have been my choice!

Still interesting final battle with Savage, might have made the end fight more interesting if he hadn't killed Rip's family but held them hostage requiring the LOT team to rescue them.

It was the writers BS'ing their way out of it and everyone can see this.

Being perhaps more fair than they deserve, there are rumors that the movies were yanking Black Canary. Grain of salt and all.

Being perhaps more fair than they deserve, there are rumors that the movies were yanking Black Canary. Grain of salt and all.

If that were the case they would not have been able to make kid canary the next ep.

they have an uphill battle to be able to top smallville's JSA which were that shows best episodes which geoff johns wrote
[YT]8rKQCq-fCNk[/YT]

I don't care about the logic of it all, I thought this finale was so much fun that I didn't care, it was awesome.

Manly tears were shed during Rip's sacrifice and Rory's reunion with Snart

[BLACKOUT]Hourman[/BLACKOUT]? And possibly [BLACKOUT]Sgt. Rock[/BLACKOUT]? Oh my. :awesome:

they have an uphill battle to be able to top smallville's JSA which were that shows best episodes which geoff johns wrote
[YT]8rKQCq-fCNk[/YT]
One of the best moments in that show.

Last edited:
The final moments of this were way too similar to the AoS finale. The latter was just done... better.

As others have pointed out, the episode was fun, especially the part where they killed three Savages at the same time. But the logic holes are too on-the-nose to just dismiss.

My only disappontment in this episode was the death of SGT. ROCK.
Although whoever the actor that played him didn't look grizzle enough to be Rock.

HOURMAN. That was a neat reveal.

So, which JSA members do you guys expect to see?
I'd love to see wildcat included.
I love the character and I feel like he was just kind of thrown away on arrow.
this would be a good opportunity to bring him back.

Kinda mad that Garrick can't be used.
Well, unless zoom is full of **** and the real Jay is the man in the iron mask.
Seems unlikely though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"