• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 13: "Land of the Lost"

I liked seeing Vixen use the power of a Tyrannosaurus, and I enjoyed Sara and Jax's journey through the Mind World to save Rip.

Also liked how Ray had sort of bonded with Gertrude. I guess she was the only female companionship available to him during the previous time he was trapped 70 million years ago.

I'm assuming Dark Raven had a heart attack when Gideon appeared?

I was impressed by this episode. Normally the show falls down whenever there's an episode on the Waverider because the terrible writing is very exposed, but this was actually pretty enjoyably done.

I was so happy that Gideon finally appeared in physical form. Amy Pemberton is gorgeous. I'm glad she wasn't evil either but helping the heroes. I'm glad she also remembered the kiss. I did think Sara would try to kiss her though.

I hope now that Rip has experienced a physical version of Gideon that he works at creating her in reality.

I assume Gideon is gonna end up being a real person by the end of this season. Probably by Rip using the Spear of Destiny.

I really hope this is the case. That would be wonderful.

Agreed...and good catch. This episode was also borrowed from the Chuck episode Chuck vs Phase Three. One of the writers of this episode came from Chuck: Phil Klemmer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0459237/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr4#writer).

Sara Lance should be Captain now...I feel Rip has been overly compromised and cannot be trusted at least until next season...

Or they could settle the leadership question via the League of Assassins method: swordfight. LOL...couldn't help myself...the phrase "League of Assassins" always makes me laugh!

And fight each other to a draw...leading into a relationship. LOL

He pulls an Indiana Jones and at the beginning just takes out his pistol and shoots her with a stun setting.

Yeah I really hope they Aya up Gideon and make her a real entity, although as opposed to being a flesh and blood human or created by the spear, I'd prefer she just make herself an android body out of the technology on hand. I'd also still like to see them upgrade the heat gun with future tech to make it more compact.

Not sure who is Aya. But I imagine she would be like JARVIS who becomes Vision.

Maybe I missed it, but folks on Twitter said that Nate referred to Sara as a bisexual...was it when he was talking to Ray?

Don't recall that...but we know Sara is bisexual from the penultimate episode of season one: when she gave Captain Cold the goodbye kiss for sacrificing himself to save Mick.

Not sure who is Aya. But I imagine she would be like JARVIS who becomes Vision.

An a.i character in the Green Lantern animated series who served as the a.i for the ship that Hal, Kilowag and Razer were using to get around sector 666 that in a tight spot put together a body to save the lanterns when they were cornered and over the course of the series fell in love with Razer and he with her (partially because her physical form is based on his dead wife who she saw in his memories).

FRGVymh.png

Those white parts are solid and the green is composed of energy.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the info.

I've read around on the net. Everyone seems to have had a very positive reaction to human Gideon and would not only like to see more of her but for her to take on a permanent human form, whether that's as a hologram, an android or a real person via the spear of destiny.

It's as if people never realized before what a great addition to the show it would be to have Amy Pemberton actually on screen instead of just a disembodied voice. Maybe they never knew how beautiful she actually is. I've been saying this all along though. She's a talented actress and singer who deserves to be seen and not just heard.

People are also in favour of shipping the ship and Rip. Ripeon?

I'm sure Sara would like a physical form of Gideon too.

Maybe this week's episode was a trial run for human Gideon to see how fans would respond to her. Hopefully it opens up the possibility for her to return as an actual member of the crew. She could even be like the doctor/ EMH on Star Trek Voyager who started off as just an interface on the ship but gradually became his own person.

Last edited:
An a.i character in the Green Lantern animated series who served as the a.i for the ship that Hal, Kilowag and Razer were using to get around sector 666 that in a tight spot put together a body to save the lanterns when they were cornered and over the course of the series fell in love with Razer.

I wish that show had been allowed to last longer. It was so cool.

Anyway, finally saw this episode. I thought it was solid. But I couldn't help thinking "this is the episode they decide to use their Firestorm budget?"

I would've liked that, as Rip escaped from his mental prison, it meant that he somehow brought back the physical manifestation of Gideon with him. She obviously seemed to care for him as she was willing to sacrifice her physical existence to let Rip return and not be trapped in there with her. She's quite the opposite of these other AIs you see who want their companion all to themselves.

BTW; when Sara faced her doppelganger, the white canary wasn't properly looking at the real Sara, as if they didn't make sure the footage lined up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"